• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Dumb question, but I've made this mistake before:o...this is at the armory, which is the castle downtown...NOT where the cannons are near Moores Mill, correct?

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    Dumb question, but I've made this mistake before:o...this is at the armory, which is the castle downtown...NOT where the cannons are near Moores Mill, correct?

Yes (there are no dumb questions)

https://goo.gl/maps/prDkKuZ1rD72

History

The structure. which resembles a castle, was built in 1915 of Port Deposit granite. At that time, it became the home of local National Guard units which served the country in several wars. In April of 1984, the building received minor restorations and was dedicated and named in the honor of late Lt. Gen. Milton A. Reckord. In August of 2004, the Armory was obtained by the Town of Bel Air and the work of renovating the building and turning it into the top-notch facility that it is today began.

Document

ph-ag-bel-air-gun-show-2016-20160206

Enough hardware to trigger any cuck.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    Yes (there are no dumb questions)

https://goo.gl/maps/prDkKuZ1rD72

History

The structure. which resembles a castle, was built in 1915 of Port Deposit granite. At that time, it became the home of local National Guard units which served the country in several wars. In April of 1984, the building received minor restorations and was dedicated and named in the honor of late Lt. Gen. Milton A. Reckord. In August of 2004, the Armory was obtained by the Town of Bel Air and the work of renovating the building and turning it into the top-notch facility that it is today began.

Document

ph-ag-bel-air-gun-show-2016-20160206

Enough hardware to trigger any cuck.

looks tight! i hope to be able to stop in.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    The last show in Bel Air at the VFW, not a lot there, but I walked out with a nice Remington Nylon 66. :)

There are two separate organizations that hold small gun shows in Bel Air. The Izaak Walton League holds their show each February in the Armory, while the other group held theirs more recently in the VFW.

Any vendors there with reloading supplies/equipment??? Looking to pick up some powder, bullets and primers and maybe a set of 9mm dies and 300 blk dies.

I have not seen any vendor with a good supply of regular reloading supplies/equipment. Small local dealers will have miscellaneous quantities of bullets, second-hand die sets, and perhaps some primers. A lot of it looks like things the vendor picked up in trade, as part of an auction lot or estate sale, etc. I have had some decent finds in the past (100rd. boxes of 168gr. .30 cal sierra matchkings for $20, RCBS .30spl/.357mag 3-die carbide set for $25). What I am leery of is the vendors who are selling reloads of unknown origin, and astonishment that people buy them for use. I want to caution people that unknown reloads are not safe, but hardly want to alienate the vendors by doing so in front of them.

Do not bring any strollers !!!

It is indeed quite crowded. The aisles are wide enough for a person at either side looking at the vendor tables, and one person to travel up the aisle. Of course, this means that it is tough to move faster than the person in front of you, and causes issues whenever you have people traveling the aisle in opposing directions.

Aside from vendors, I found it rather neat that there was a fellow who got a table to show off his collection of historical military rifles and chat with interested visitors, and another fellow who always has a couple tables to display his collection of WWII Japanese and German artifacts. The second fellow always has his P38 and P08 lugers on display, often ornamental german daggers, and last time a complete WWII German uniform.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I'm going to head up Saturday. Might bring my 20 gauge Wingmaster, Brazilian mauser, or Yugo M48 to trade.

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    Belair Gun Show

I like to support local shows but come on now-$10 admission? I spent all of 30 minutes there and it will be my last time. Can see a show 10X its size in PA for the same admission.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have to admit. For it being Bel Air, it was a decent show. But come on. Trump is in office. The scare is over. Bring your prices down to a reasonable amount. I got there a little after 5pm. Dave (Blue Fin) said they opened the doors a little early. The crowd was decent, some people don't know how to walk in a gun show. But I've got to tell ya, I thought the prices for the most part were high. A lot of junk dealers, it looked like some had cleaned out their basements to sell at this show.

I do agree, $10 for this show is nuts. But, I paid it so who do I have to blame?

Looking forward to the Howard County show tomorrow!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    how is the show any nice old shotguns browning etc

Plenty of old shotguns. Not sure what was there, but a bunch of old shotguns. However, I don't believe you're going to find any deals. Most of the prices were high.

Good luck to ya!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I like to support local shows but come on now-$10 admission? I spent all of 30 minutes there and it will be my last time. Can see a show 10X its size in PA for the same admission.

Yes, I agree. I walked slowly and was done my first go around in about 20 minutes. I walked it again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Nothing missed. Talked to Dave (Bleu Fins), Mark (Freestate) and Billy (knife guy). I was still out of there in 50 minutes. Maybe if I looked at handguns I could have added another 10 minutes, but I'm not looking for a handgun right now.

From leaving my house to walking back in the door, I was gone 1 hours and 20 minutes. That is a record for me.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I have to admit. For it being Bel Air, it was a decent show. But come on. Trump is in office. The scare is over. Bring your prices down to a reasonable amount. I got there a little after 5pm. Dave (Blue Fin) said they opened the doors a little early. The crowd was decent, some people don't know how to walk in a gun show. But I've got to tell ya, I thought the prices for the most part were high. A lot of junk dealers, it looked like some had cleaned out their basements to sell at this show.

I do agree, $10 for this show is nuts. But, I paid it so who do I have to blame?

I agree it was not a bad show, prices were a little high and I thought 10 bucks was a little much for the entry fee.... I'll be at Howard county Sunday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    The admission price is funny. Wednesday's Aegis had an ad that said $10 and I was like WTF? The ad in today's Aegis said admission was $5 which is more like it. Somethin' funny goin on here.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The admission price is funny. Wednesday's Aegis had an ad that said $10 and I was like WTF? The ad in today's Aegis said admission was $5 which is more like it. Somethin' funny goin on here.

I saw an ad somewhere and it stated that admission was $5, then I walked in and saw the sign for $10. I guess I'm not as batty as I thought I was. Maybe it was one of the roadside signs, but I know I saw somewhere it said admission was $5.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Just got back. Poor show. $10 admission is an absolute rip off. The guys at the door told me next year's price would likely go up. I told them I was OK with that since I wouldn't be coming back. If the ad said $5, why was it $10 at the door?
    Almost as much as Chantilly, REALLY?
    It was like being charged $10 to walk into Dicks. Except Dicks has much nicer stuff to look at.
    Unless they give free admission ( that will never happen) that was my last show there. After what I saw tonight, there's really no point in going back.

Sep 16, 2009
    You can get in for $8.00 if you mention that you heard the gun show advertisement on WXCY 103.7 FM, the local country music station in Havre de Grace.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    $10 to get in?! WTF? I understand it's a fundraiser but it definitely was advertised as $5. Maybe I won't go now. $5 to walk around the crowded room and potentially buy an overpriced gun, okay. Spend the same cash and not be packed in like sardines to see potentially better deals, better.

I feel that most of the "gun show honchos" who sell there always have jacked up prices save for a few smaller guys. Overpriced like $600 for an Enfield or $350 for a bubba'd Mauser. Small show, "yuge" prices. No thanks. Maybe I'll stay home or go to HoCo's show.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

how about calling the distributors that gun dealers buy from and tell them to lower their prices?
    maybe dealers shouldnt make a profit, just charge you what the distributors charge them...:lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    $10 to get in?! WTF? I understand it's a fundraiser but it definitely was advertised as $5. Maybe I won't go now. $5 to walk around the crowded room and potentially buy an overpriced gun, okay. Spend the same cash and not be packed in like sardines to see potentially better deals, better.

I feel that most of the "gun show honchos" who sell there always have jacked up prices save for a few smaller guys. Overpriced like $600 for an Enfield or $350 for a bubba'd Mauser. Small show, "yuge" prices. No thanks. Maybe I'll stay home or go to HoCo's show.

Blue Fin had their regular prices, but man some of the others guys (private tables too), you have to wonder where they got their prices from!

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Blue Fin had their regular prices, but man some of the others guys (private tables too), you have to wonder where they got their prices from!

Blue Fins is the exception not the rule. I typically have a hard time leaving their tables. I wish I had the cash at the time to buy one of the Finn Mosins they had at Timonium. If I do go, maybe they still have one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom