• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    there's been A LOT of nice bucks this year! congrats to all!

Speak for yourself...I still dont even have a shooter on camera, much less seen one while in a stand.

Last edited:

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    WTF!?! I check weather.com last night before turning in and the forecast for today says 8-10mph winds and overall, the opportunity looks quite promising. This was to be my last real chance of getting a deer with my bow cuz I won't go out during firearm season(public land) and I truly HATE Winter. So I get woken up at 3am to an effing helicopter turbine screeching as a police 'copter is circling real low in some sort of search pattern right above my neighborhood making my house shake. I get up and get all dressed up and go out to load my car before leaving and find that the 'copter noise(still circling) is covering up the 25+mph winds that have sent my trashcans tumbling across my neighbor's yard. It is so windy and the gusting is so strong that it is making dried leaves hit my house and sound like torrential rain from the inside. Every time I've been out on a windy day, I haven't seen any deer WHATSOEVER and it's almost an hour's drive to my spot so here I sit, fuming and disappointed that all the forces of nature seem aligned against my best efforts to harvest a deer...ANY deer. I just can't believe it; this is positively heartbreaking. :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    didnt see any this afternoon...had a few on game cam and a new buck i havent seen this season! man he was cautious! prob only came in 20yds from my game cam!

bowtiebandit

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbia
    Took my daughter out in the stand with me for her first hunt...she brought me luck that morning! :party29:

Attachments

• 688221034_2461134263_0.jpg
      688221034_2461134263_0.jpg
      35.7 KB · Views: 164

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I decided to try and change my luck with weekend by hunting at the outlaws in WV. Yet again didn't see shit...worst season ever. Granted I have killed 5 deer, I've seen maybe 15, by now i've usually seen tons.

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    Killed a deer saturday that had its back leg just about blown off it was barely on. thought i did it but after shooting it again in the head he was a tough guy he still kicked for a few min. When i went up to him looked at his chest had a threw and threw the lungs then looked at the leg it had a growth on it and looked like it started healing up so im figuring it was shot during rifle.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Saw nothing Saturday morning. I put out 3 cameras and a few hundred pounds of corn for next weekend. I checked my camera I left there for 3 weeks and had just about 0 activity during shooting times. Activity really fell off when the corn was gone. Hopefully some fresh corn gets them coming through more again this week. We'll hunt there Friday morning, check the cameras, and decide from there. If it looks like activity is up we'll stay and if not off to another property we'll go. I had good luck in this mini season last year on the swamp behind my house in Dorchester. I killed 2 sika does and an 8 point whitetail from the same stand. Worse case scenario this year I try my luck there again.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    season is done for me...too busy with other things:sad20: my total take was 4 deer...i had one buck per section of season with the biggest buck ive ever shot!:party29: and one button buck couple weeks ago:o hope everyone enjoys the last of 2011 hunting season!

Honorable mention...my wife got into hunting deer this season...she got a small doe and a nice spike...

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Went out again to try to fill a buck tag, but no luck. Nothing came by. Still a ROUGH season for me. I've got one more chance hopefully

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Got out the weekend and end of season for me. My buddy got a real nice 8 point Saturday and I shot a nice doe last night. It was a good end to my season. I have seen a lot of deer this year and would have gotten more but I am taking my son out for his first deer and he is still figuring it out. The guns weigh a little too much for him yet. I think next year he will tag one. He is getting deadly on squirrels and that should help with deer. He has shot 3 out of 4 with a small 22. Quite proud of him.

Now that deer is over we still have squirrel, rabbit, and snow geese. Hope to get a couple of each.

Vic

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Saw on the local news last night, next year.......... 3 deer total is what they have already approved or what they are wanting. :sad20:

Yea 3 bucks, 1 per season. I'm fine with 3, but I'd rather have 2 max in one season the third must be taken with something different.

My only problem with it is if you are ones who believe that too many spikes and scab racks are bad for the gene pool than you are going to be able to kill less of them..legally.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere

2,657 sika deer. Damn. That seems like alot to me. Maybe not, but for them being only in one county basically seems like alot.

The 1 buck per season isnt a bad idea but state could lose money. If your like me, last year I bought a bonus antlered stamp and didn't use it do they got my 10$. Who knows what they will do. But decreasing the kill from 2 to 11 buck won't change much I think. Prolly less deer killed tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom