• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    I know there's a couple threads on this but they don't really specify like I need. Or maybe I'm just not computing this right. My question is if I see a guy walking around with an glock with a for sale sign at a timonium gun show, can I buy it on the spot and take it home? Not a licensed dealer but just a regular citizen trying to sell his regulated firearm. And is it te same thing with an ar15? Thanks!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Not legally. You can go to MSP or a FFL to complete the paperwork on the transfer. Non regulated long gun is okay face to face if you are both Maryland residents.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think it was the mid 90s they changed the "Face to face" Handgun transfer. I believe it was always a 7 day wait for "Dealer purchases"

It's been mentioned numerous times this 7 day wait was for the Post Office transit time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    IIRC , it was same time as the Handgun Roster Board . I want to say '86 . Heck I was there, but I'm geezing right now.

In the old days the "7 day waiting" was usually 2-3 week. But didn't get worried until 30 days. But when the papers did come in , you could buy two additional pistols . Not even nessecarily same transaction, you could come back later the same day.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    I know there's a couple threads on this but they don't really specify like I need. Or maybe I'm just not computing this right. My question is if I see a guy walking around with an glock with a for sale sign at a timonium gun show, can I buy it on the spot and take it home? Not a licensed dealer but just a regular citizen trying to sell his regulated firearm. And is it te same thing with an ar15? Thanks!

It's a trap

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Attachments

• vendegoat.jpg
      vendegoat.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 157

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    OH, how I long for the good old days (pre 68) when you could place an order with Herters and have the post office deliver your new hand gun in the mail. No questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom