• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Not the fanciest and definitely worn. I started wearing this almost exclusively. Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk. I wanted something with local and UTC time and there wasn’t too much out there.

Attachments

• 7A97854A-EB46-4900-B1F5-7D823A6FD7CE.jpg
      7A97854A-EB46-4900-B1F5-7D823A6FD7CE.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 389

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Once I finish my work for you maybe I can afford the Iwatch and an iPhone.

And how many plastic pistols do you own?

Soak him. You need a Rolex.

Gee thanks, I thought we were friends. I may make an appt and make you look at my roids,,, Oh, thats right, you like that, never mind. :lol2:

More like HE will be able to buy a Rolex when all is said and done.

Nah, I prefer Breitling. After all, Rolex's are for rich douche waffles so I been told.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a 10 year old Seiko Kinetic divers watch. It's been used hard and put away wet. The last band I bought was terrible so I stopped wearing it but I realized after about two years that I do need a watch. I am considering sending it back to Seiko and getting the glass face replaced and a new band. I know that the band is going to be $50 bucks (no big deal) any idea on the face. I know what I can get a new Seiko for and am wondering if it's worth it to pay for parts and labor?

I'd also be open to Seiko Kinetic suggestions but nothing with a metal band.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Go to watchuseek forum, buy a used Seiko diver.
    I have a 10 year old Seiko Kinetic divers watch. It's been used hard and put away wet. The last band I bought was terrible so I stopped wearing it but I realized after about two years that I do need a watch. I am considering sending it back to Seiko and getting the glass face replaced and a new band. I know that the band is going to be $50 bucks (no big deal) any idea on the face. I know what I can get a new Seiko for and am wondering if it's worth it to pay for parts and labor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

You can get it fixed at a local watch shop likely much, much cheaper than Seiko will charge you. New crystal should be around $30-75 unless it's some kind of custom size. Band shouldn't be over $20, you can do the band yourself or heck I can do it for you if you're ever up this way.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You can get it fixed at a local watch shop likely much, much cheaper than Seiko will charge you. New crystal should be around $30-50 unless it's some kind of custom size. Band shouldn't be over $20, you can do the band yourself or heck I can do it for you if you're ever up this way.

I've bought a couple bands from the local watch shop and never been as happy as I was with the factory band. That's why I am willing to pay the extra for the band.

It's not a custom size so I am very happy to hear you quote me that ballpark for the face. I printed out the form and am at minimum going to get a free estimate from them for repairs.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've bought a couple bands from the local watch shop and never been as happy as I was with the factory band. That's why I am willing to pay the extra for the band.

It's not a custom size so I am very happy to hear you quote me that ballpark for the face. I printed out the form and am at minimum going to get a free estimate from them for repairs.
    Look at what kind of band/bracelet it has, figure out the measurement (20 mm, 22 mm, etc) and look on Amazon at replacement bracelets and bands. You can find some really nice and nice looking stuff that you wouldn't necessarily find at a local watch shop.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Thanks, I actually revised what I think it could cost for the crystal, may be a little more. But I have a feeling you're probably going to be close to the cost of the watch at Seiko. A generic watch crystal is probably going to cost a watchmaker around 10-20 bucks, beyond the markup on that what you're really paying for is his time and skill since he needs to pull the movement to remove the crystal. Not hard to do, but very easy for someone not skilled to damage the watch doing. Especially the hands, watch hands have all the consistency of little pieces of paper as they are so thin.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    Bought this watch about 4 months ago. Its always been my grail watch and I finally had the means to "pull the trigger" ;)

I also have a Brietling Navitimer my wife bought me for an anniversary and then about 4-6 other beater level watches. Seiko, Citizen, Casio, etc that I love all of equally :)

Attachments

• rolex-116710blnr-image-51875-899300.jpg
      rolex-116710blnr-image-51875-899300.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 316

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads