What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I clean the dies whenever I start noticing issues. The issue will vary, but it's always good to eliminate dies before looking elsewhere when you run a progressive. I don't know if you load cast boolits, but boolit lube would be a nice source of that buildup. Wax on FMJs to keep them nice and shiny? Whatever is on the bullet will go into your die. Do that enough times, and it will stay there and build up.

I haven't loaded lead in over a year, so this is kind of weird. I'm using polymer coated bullets now, I don't know what the deal is. It's not red, which is the color of the coating. I also didn't realize how many rounds I've loaded since I cleaned them last.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Let’s see some before and after pics when done!

Too late for before because I never took any before...

G4v4Ku2.jpg
    [/IMG]

Not quite done, but almost there.

xTMIXTb.jpg
    [/IMG]

JMV

Mar 29, 2019
    Started to load some .223, and 6 rounds in broke the indexing wheel on my Hornady LnL. Reloading was not friendly to me today

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Started to load some .223, and 6 rounds in broke the indexing wheel on my Hornady LnL. Reloading was not friendly to me today

That's why I plan to replace that Green piece of junk n my bench with a BLUE one later this Summer.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Loaded some 9 x 18 Makarov rounds last night and just replaced the media in my vibrating tumbler. Gonna spend the afternoon decapping some 5.56/.223 and getting them cleaned and prepped.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Sized, decrimmped, trimmed, chamferred, pockets uniformed. flash holes deburred, and tumbled 600 LC 30-06 cases I found in a corner of the basement behind some woman's boxes. They'll get 168 grain Sierra HPBT Match (what they were called before they were renamed "OTM" so that DoD isn't using "Hollowpoints" in combat :rolleyes:) Wolf primers, and 46.3 grains of VV N135.

Cz874rv.jpg
    [/IMG]

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My package from Graf's and Sons came, 12,000 Fiocci and 10,000 Winchester SPPs. The Fiocci primers come in a neat, wooden box. I'm saving them for this winter, I'll be loading the Winchesters from now until November. So far this year, I've gone through about 3 lbs of Titegroup. Fortunately, Elite Shooting Sports carries powders now, so I'm getting Titegroup for $23 a pound. I'll be loading 100 rounds of 9mm a night, because I can't take sitting for more than an hour at a time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I found that Midway with no Hazmat is still more expensive that Midsouth shooters. That is on five lbs of powder and some primers.

Yeah, they think they're pretty slick. They're 'no hazmat' prices are just about the same as Powder Valley's with hazmat.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I've found the sales at Graf's beat out the two "M" stores and PV. Depends on what you're buying of course, but their regular prices and shipping are lower to begin with.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've found the sales at Graf's beat out the two "M" stores and PV. Depends on what you're buying of course, but their regular prices and shipping are lower to begin with.

"Sales" maybe, but pound for pound, PV runs $2-3 less per pound on smokeless powder than Graf & Son and they've always had reasonable shipping costs.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Just got an e-mail from them. Powder Valley is running a Half & Half sale for the next week until 5/25@noon. Half Hazmat and Half Shipping (no minimums).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom