• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdrpd

Mar 20, 2018
    My question is about the language about "increasing rate of fire above its designed specs."

A 1919 was designed for 450-600 rpm. There is no "limit" to that by a semi-conversion except that which exists from varying trigger pull speeds.

A crankfire simply RETURNS a 1919 to its designed rate of fire.

You cannot exceed the physical design and time it takes to strip a cartridge, go into battery, etc etc. You can only fire faster or slower.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My question is about the language about "increasing rate of fire above its designed specs."

A 1919 was designed for 450-600 rpm. There is no "limit" to that by a semi-conversion except that which exists from varying trigger pull speeds.

A crankfire simply RETURNS a 1919 to its designed rate of fire.

You cannot exceed the physical design and time it takes to strip a cartridge, go into battery, etc etc. You can only fire faster or slower.

Very good example. Carrying it farther, a bianary trigger may actually slow Jerry Michelck down; if such is the case, the bianary trigger does not actually increase the rate of fire.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    What is confusing to me is that the state is pushing the burden of this law onto the ATF without the ATF's consent. Furthermore, this law is costing Maryland gun owners a lot of money by having to discard personal property that was lawfully purchased and legal up until some arbitrary date, under the false guise of public safety. Yet somehow our lawmakers don't consider this a "taking" of personal property.

I am pissed, and as already stated I am willing to act as a plaintiff. I have been in contact with MSI and hope they decide to act on this law. Am I alone in this? Should I just give in and make all of my binary triggers dissapear? I have been feeling like a battered gun owner recently and can't believe how easy it is to become a felon over night through nothing but simple inaction.
    I'm in for legal action. Let's get the ball rolling

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Get out your check book.

What is the best way to support legal action against MD for this poorly written bill? MSI or some other group? I would like to contribute. I have a feeling come October things are going to get weird. If the BATFE can't approve me to own something they deem legal what is our recourse?

mdrpd

Mar 20, 2018
    Very good example. Carrying it farther, a bianary trigger may actually slow Jerry Michelck down; if such is the case, the bianary trigger does not actually increase the rate of fire.

LOL, great point. I am planning to practice my trigger pulls so *I* am an illegal rate-increasing trigger and MD bans me. Then I can leave, LOL.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK so in short what does this mean? Machine Guns will be banned in MD now? There is, apparently, no way to get letter from BATFE for Binary and Bump Stocks? Seems kind of illegal to me but, I am not a lawyer. Anyone know of anyone filing suit/appeal/injunction over this?

Dave

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    OK so in short what does this mean? Machine Guns will be banned in MD now? There is, apparently, no way to get letter from BATFE for Binary and Bump Stocks? Seems kind of illegal to me but, I am not a lawyer. Anyone know of anyone filing suit/appeal/injunction over this?

Dave

1. That's part of the debate. The wording indicates it may not be possible to buy "new" machine guns.
    2. Correct.
    3. That's part of the debate.
    4. MSI. Alot of us, including me have donated already.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    (G) BURST TRIGGER SYSTEM” MEANS A DEVICE THAT, WHEN INSTALLED IN OR ATTACHED TO A FIREARM, ALLOWS THE FIREARM TO DISCHARGE TWO OR MORE SHOTS WITH A SINGLE PULL OF THE TRIGGER BY ALTERING THE TRIGGER RESET.

Serious problems with this part here. Who do I message to get the info to them, worried about prying eyes so I pulled what I had posted.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Bump. If you are an owner of a "rapid fire trigger activator" and NOT a member of MSI, please be aware that MSI cannot act on behalf of your interests in litigation.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl