• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I got a line on these barrels, but it would end up being around $200 after getting them threaded. Does anyone have any experience with these barrels. If they are as accurate as the $300 WOA and Criterion barrels, might pick up a couple.

Attachments

• 01f11b43-9afb-45a4-b23e-71a6f00ca926.jpg
      01f11b43-9afb-45a4-b23e-71a6f00ca926.jpg
      4.8 KB · Views: 737
    • 30a704a5-fd9a-449a-a628-20ff9675c8fc.jpg
      30a704a5-fd9a-449a-a628-20ff9675c8fc.jpg
      6 KB · Views: 738
    Last edited:

bfoosh006

Aug 19, 2017
    I got a line on these barrels for $125 a piece, but it would end up being around $200 after getting them threaded. Does anyone have any experience with these barrels. If they are as accurate as the $300 WOA and Criterion barrels, might pick up a couple.

As long as you are ok with the 1n9 twist... my friend has a 24" Elite ( ?) Colt upper and loves it.

But the heaviest bullet it will shot accurately is the 69gr SMK.

At that price I would probably buy a 24" myself and dedicate it to 50gr - 69gr ammo.

Can I ask why you are getting them threaded ?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I don't really shoot anything above 62 grain currently anyways, and would get them threaded to throw a can on. Maybe I won't thread though, would certainly knock down the price.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Something to consider - virtually all precision AR's or barrels I have seen cataloged are unthreaded for muzzle devices. I did have a Colt 20" HBAR target series rifle. It was accurate and very consistent. And had an A2 flash hider. Go figure...

It would depend on what level of precision you need for the intended purpose of the rifle.

bfoosh006

Aug 19, 2017
    Any one know why they went with 1:9 when all their other rifles used 1:7?

1n7 was for the M856 long tracer bullets... Colt while a solid company, has never seen past the nose on their face.... and was short sighted in their twist rate.

When they were produced, quite some time ago, 1n9 twist was suited to its intended use. Varmints... and for the most part, to the best available bullets at the time..69gr SMK.

Shortly after the Colt Elite was introduced.... heavy bullets were just taking hold in the.224 world... I remember because I also was a little let down that the twist rate was not 1n7.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Since these don't have m4 feed ramps, I want to use an upper receiver with a rifle extension correct?

I would cut and polish M4 feed ramps into the barrel extension. It's not that hard to do and you won't be stuck trying to find a suitable upper. Make sure, if you do this, you buy the upper first, then cut the ramps to THAT upper. Do this prior to affixing the barrel to the upper. You do not want to cut into the aluminum upper at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom