• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I apprecoates whats all you edumakated folks are a tryan to do for us rubes in Carroll County, but afta observin whats youall has done for Baltimore City and then Baltimore County I thinks we would be better off ifin yous stayed out of Carroll County and just did your eatin in another more sofisticated place.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I apprecoates whats all you edumakated folks are a tryan to do for us rubes in Carroll County, but afta observin whats youall has done for Baltimore City and then Baltimore County I thinks we would be better off ifin yous stayed out of Carroll County and just did your eatin in another more sofisticated place.

Touche!

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County

Indeed!

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    I agree that Tim Thai is excellent. My kids and tbeir friends have been to Sushi Q and said it is quite good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    People in CC are clueless about good food of any sort. Restaurants in Westminster are underwhelming for the most part, but there are some hidden gems.

Agree with the sentiments about Papa Joe's. Over priced, under performing. And stingy with the chips and salsa. I've been meaning to try Del Huerto. Hopefully not another disappointment.

I have never had good Chinese food in Westminster (I've had real Chinese food at home and in China). You need to basically leave the area for that. Forbidden City used to have a few good dishes, but like their neighbor are too expensive (over $10 for a lunch box???) and not all that good.

If you have not given them a try, check out the Tim Thai on Main across from the library. Tim is a good guy and cooks at this location. Ying's is OK, but I prefer Tim's place.

I saw there is a Sushi Q open in where Papa Joe's used to be. If they are as good as the Reisterstown location, W finally got a good sushi place. Hopefully someone has been there and can give us a review if they are open yet.

Tim Thai has gone down hill over the past few months.
    Between not having consistent food and the service it is a few months away from closing.

The sad thing is they purchased the Gettysburg Thai place and will run that one into the ground as well.

So, it appears what your complaining about CC restaurants has also rubbed off on you with your enjoying Thai Tim.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

:thumbsup:

Where's the soup beans, biscuits and gravy?:innocent0

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    .... I've been meaning to try Del Huerto. Hopefully not another disappointment.

Blessed is he, who expects nothing, for he won't be disappointed. :D

I have never had good Chinese food in Westminster (I've had real Chinese food at home and in China). You need to basically leave the area for that. Forbidden City used to have a few good dishes, but like their neighbor are too expensive (over $10 for a lunch box???) and not all that good.

Agree on Forbidden City. We like China Manor in Hampstead, next to Fratelli's (which we also like).

If you have not given them a try, check out the Tim Thai on Main across from the library. Tim is a good guy and cooks at this location. Ying's is OK, but I prefer Tim's place.

But does Tim Thai have bona fide Broasted Chicken? :D

I saw there is a Sushi Q open in where Papa Joe's used to be. If they are as good as the Reisterstown location, W finally got a good sushi place. Hopefully someone has been there and can give us a review if they are open yet.

We've had carryout thrice from Sushi Q, but it's always been California Roll, as my experience with real sushi is nil. We ate in once, and also had one of the hibachi dinners, and it was tasty, and a nice sized portion.
    I keep seeing a billboard in Finksburg about a brewery (Brewery Fire?) opening in Taneytown.

tsulli85

May 16, 2019
    Ying Thai is my preference over Tim's.

Buds at Silver Run is probably my favorite since it's a few minutes from the house. Same with Maryland Mallet.

Sushi Q is the best sushi in the area.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Beefcube just posted this on his Molli's FB page. Holy moly, I'm definitely gonna stop by there soon! :bowdown::whoa:

Attachments

• 86884A5F-8CD2-4E35-8050-E2D3664D86E0-6815-0000061C8D04D763.jpg
      86884A5F-8CD2-4E35-8050-E2D3664D86E0-6815-0000061C8D04D763.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 645

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have never had good Chinese food in Westminster (I've had real Chinese food at home and in China). You need to basically leave the area for that.

Make the trip out to Grace Garden across from Ft. Meade, ask for authentic menu.

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    Tim Thai has gone down hill over the past few months.
    Between not having consistent food and the service it is a few months away from closing.

The sad thing is they purchased the Gettysburg Thai place and will run that one into the ground as well.

So, it appears what your complaining about CC restaurants has also rubbed off on you with your enjoying Thai Tim.

Well, maybe I've been lucky. I ate there yesterday and the food is consistently good. It has not changed since I've been going there unless someone other than Tim is cooking. Then it might be hit or miss.

My apologies for complaining. Hope you can forgive me. "Good" is subjective when it comes to food. Like my uncle always says, "there's a toilet for every bum". Enjoy.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just got lunch at Beefcube's place in Westminster (Molli's Cafe). Excellent food, I'll be going there a lot!

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Anyone have an opinion on Roberto's Pizza in Westminster? It turns out it was started by the same Roberto that then sold it and opened another eponymous restaurant in Easton, MD. he sold that one and has a car repair business now. I miss the pizza and if the one in Westminster is really good, it is likely still the same recipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom