• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I sent my ATF email with MSI document and received an automated reply of receipt and goal to address my inquiry with 120 days. This email has a date and time stamp of course. When I sent the original inquiry, I also blind copied a third party on the email as an additional record keeping measure.

Is there language in the Maryland statue on how the ATF must be contacted, and which branch within it? If there isn't, I'm comfortable with the action that I've taken. However, if it specifies by US mail, I'll do this too. If it doesn't, establishing an automated web based mechanism that records the inquiry submission would likely increase participation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I, too got the auto reply of 120 days

I sent my ATF email with MSI document and received an automated reply of receipt and goal to address my inquiry with 120 days. This email has a date and time stamp of course. When I sent the original inquiry, I also blind copied a third party on the email as an additional record keeping measure.

Is there language in the Maryland statue on how the ATF must be contacted, and which branch within it? If there isn't, I'm comfortable with the action that I've taken. However, if it specifies by US mail, I'll do this too. If it doesn't, establishing an automated web based mechanism that records the inquiry submission would likely increase participation.

then within the hour I sent the original email, I received a live reply...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    then within the hour I sent the original email, I received a live reply...
    Interesting. Mine was automated, but over the weekend. In my email body (the MSI letter with my signature was attached), I made mention of the US District Court hearing on September 14 in which the judge advised Marylanders to contact the ATF due to the new SB707 law. I thought it important that the ATF folks that this gets forwarded through are aware that a district court judge is essentially asking them to review these requests.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah probably get tomorrow

Interesting. Mine was automated, but over the weekend. In my email body (the MSI letter with my signature was attached), I made mention of the US District Court hearing on September 14 in which the judge advised Marylanders to contact the ATF due to the new SB707 law. I thought it important that the ATF folks that this gets forwarded through are aware that a district court judge is essentially asking them to review these requests.

here is the sequence

Attachments

• atf1.PNG
      atf1.PNG
      7.3 KB · Views: 297
    • atf2.PNG
      atf2.PNG
      12.4 KB · Views: 302
    • atf3.PNG
      atf3.PNG
      13.5 KB · Views: 304

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

What email address did you use for the ATF? I was going to mail out my letter tomorrow but I'll send an email instead.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Actually the very two .gov email addresses in Babalou's post above yours.

Figures it would be on the same page. I didn't want to sift through the entire thread to find it.

Thanks for the help, I just sent my email out and got the automated reply.

:thumbsup:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    well trying to understand what you are saying

What proof will you have that BATFE received your email?

Just like simply mailing your letter, no proof.

other than the reply email and timestamp thereof? The header information, if need be. Meez gotz that, as well to add. Will show the origin/time of the reply, what smtp hops, as well as the from email address. Not hard to set q=mx on nslookups. :) To me, the same or more as the receipt from the recipient of the letter I also sent. At least I have a person in the email reply who acknowledged and pointed me to the website with reference to the MD bs. The letter with return receipt will not show that, only that they received it. Like others stated, I could have sent a box of chocolates. Why else would I correspond to the BATFE? Not really on my Christmas card list.

Last edited:

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    mailed a letter for each member of my household this morning. Certified mail with signature required.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    other than the reply email and timestamp thereof? The header information, if need be. Meez gotz that, as well to add. Will show the origin/time of the reply, what smtp hops, as well as the from email address. Not hard to set q=mx on nslookups. :) To me, the same or more as the receipt from the recipient of the letter I also sent. At least I have a person in the email reply who acknowledged and pointed me to the website with reference to the MD bs. The letter with return receipt will not show that, only that they received it. Like others stated, I could have sent a box of chocolates. Why else would I correspond to the BATFE? Not really on my Christmas card list.

I have a reply to my email from the BATFE. The MD law never said you had to send a letter, only that you had to get approval from the ATF, which I didn't because they already approved me to own it by it not being illegal. MD can suck it. They don't have the resources to go door to door looking for rapid fire trigger activators.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    bingo

I have a reply to my email from the BATFE. The MD law never said you had to send a letter, only that you had to get approval from the ATF, which I didn't because they already approved me to own it by it not being illegal. MD can suck it. They don't have the resources to go door to door looking for rapid fire trigger activators.

Ed-Zachary.. :P

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    So what do they deem as rapid fire? More than three shots per minute? Damn musket. One pew per two seconds? So if I shoot every three seconds and then decide to do double taps or shoot every one second, the horror!!! I just made myself against the law!!! My Home Alone face. SMH....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So what do they deem as rapid fire? More than three shots per minute? Damn musket. One pew per two seconds? So if I shoot every three seconds and then decide to do double taps or shoot every one second, the horror!!! I just made myself against the law!!! My Home Alone face. SMH....

It doesn't pertain to rapid fire. It's anything that increases the rate of fire.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It doesn't pertain to rapid fire. It's anything that increases the rate of fire.

So that could potentially include taking some defensive training, too. Amazing BS law. I'm kidding (kind of) but it seems my highly trained fingers are now officially rapid fire accessories. I still can't hit shit, but I can do it real fast. :lol2:

Fvcking politicians. I hope they choke on a bag of dicks. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom