• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My daughter starts school at UD this fall. There is a toll on both 95 and 40? What a crock!
    Which is cheaper the 95 toll or the 40 toll?
    From Northern Harford County, I take US-1 over the Susquehanna River Dam, and MD-273 right onto Main Street in Newark, DE.

I've been going to visit my family in NJ that way for years. Now sometimes I stay on US-1 and go over the Commodore Perry Bridge on US-322 which takes me to the NJTP or I-295.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Thanks, I already know how to avoid the welcome to DE tax now you can shop tax-free.
    I was just surprised there is a toll over both the bridges.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    I saw a guy a while back with cardboard over his rear plate and no front plate that was running the tolls. That is just asking for trouble.

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    i have a buddy who would blow thru any tolls he saw on his motorcycle, he'd take his tags off to drive to the beach.

As these guys said, the best way to avoid the toll going into delaware, get off at the Newark exit, head down 279/Elkton road towards newark. Turn at Otts Chapel Road take a left either at Welsh Tract or Old Baltimore

From old baltimore, its a left turn at the light on 896, then a right onto 95 about 1/4 of a mile on the right. From Welsh Tract, you just have to take a right onto 896, and stay in the right lane to turn right on a loop to 95. It'll take about 6 minutes off your trip time.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Heading North, get off at the Elkton/Newark exit, heading toward Newark. Turn right onto Otts Chapel road, which is first light across the DE/MD border. At the first light on Ott's Chapel Road, make a left onto West Chestnut Hill Road (red route) and run it until Route 896. Turn right onto 896 and look for the I-95 North signs. If you turn left at Welsh Tract Road (green route), it is a small, narrow, windy road that occassionally gets backed up with the guy doing 25 mph. If you turn left at Old Baltimore Pike (purple route), depending on the time of day, you are goign to run the risk of sitting through five traffic light changes, to turn back onto Route 896. West Chestnut Hill Road typically flows better, day or night.

The Christiana Parkway (blue route) drags you too close to the U of D Stadium and high traffic.

Attachments

• toll.jpg
      toll.jpg
      101.5 KB · Views: 347

LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    Are there any faster ways than getting off at Exit 1, going to UD's stadium, turning left at the light (Christiana Parkway?), then over to Exit 109?

EZPass is raping me every weekend when I go visit my gf. :mad54:

where in harford county are you? I would take rout 1 north from harford county into PA to concord pike (rt 202) south to 95 south.

Where does she live. I go to school in wilmington delaware off of concord pike (rt 202). I take rt 1 south home and rt 1 north to school. No tolls, hardly ever see people doing radar, may take a few extra minutes than 95 but no tolls.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    My daughter starts school at UD this fall. There is a toll on both 95 and 40? What a crock!
    Which is cheaper the 95 toll or the 40 toll?

Route 40 and I95 are both $5.00. Delaware toll is $4.00
    Buy the decal at the toll plaza at route 40 and stay on 40 until you get to Elkton. The Elkton Newark Road will take you to U of D or continue up Route 40 till the Elkton Walmart and take the road to the left and then make a right at the end of the road.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Route 40 and I95 are both $5.00. Delaware toll is $4.00
    Buy the decal at the toll plaza at route 40 and stay on 40 until you get to Elkton. The Elkton Newark Road will take you to U of D or continue up Route 40 till the Elkton Walmart and take the road to the left and then make a right at the end of the road.

The OP said he has EZ Pass MD, which gets him across the I-95 bridge into Ceciltucky. What he doesn't have is EZ Pass DE, which gets him across the border. If you take the "red" route above, you will have the least issue in trying to defeat that toll. I grew up in that area, and work in that area. I am there right now, in fact.

LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    The OP said he has EZ Pass MD, which gets him across the I-95 bridge into Ceciltucky. What he doesn't have is EZ Pass DE, which gets him across the border. If you take the "red" route above, you will have the least issue in trying to defeat that toll. I grew up in that area, and work in that area. I am there right now, in fact.

It should not matter what ezpass he has, I got ez pass de when i came out here to avoid the fee md wanted me to pay. I use this ezpass in de, pa, and md and have never had a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom