• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Does anyone have any experiences with these. They resemble AK-47 but they are pump action made in Romania. They are affordable at Allan's Armory

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=36

They shoot a 7.62x39 and 10 rd magazine. My guess is even though they resemble an AK, they are pump action (not SA) so they are NOT regulated. What are your thoughts?? here are some pics....extremely fascinating.

Attachments

• Romanian PAR 1a.jpg
      Romanian PAR 1a.jpg
      16.5 KB · Views: 3,596
    • Romanian PAR 1b.jpg
      Romanian PAR 1b.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 6,366
    • StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg
      StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 2,211
    Last edited by a moderator:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Actually, it's the result of California
    Romanian PAR-1. {7.62X39mm}. Serial# P1-01300-02. This is a California legal pump action "AK" type rifle. It is not semi-automatic. In "NOS" condition (New, Old Stock). Wood is in VG+ condition. Metal finish 98%+. Has side rail for a back to zero QD scope mount, and iron sites. Comes one 10 round mag. Barrel is 18", the last two inches being a smooth tube. Bore is new with VG+ to Excellent lands, grooves shine. $235

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Somone here has one on the photo board, as a collectible item it is interesting and probably will be eclectic as they certainly didnt make a boatload of them. However I still say why why why for more general use.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my life. Why?!? :crazy:

England and California... The English can't own real guns anymore, which is what these were originally built for IIRC.

Mark

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    some guys on gunco have bought them, opened up the mag well, added a real gas block and a few other small parts, and ended up with a nice AK on a true military receiver.

with Y stamp...and dimples. ;)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    some guys on gunco have bought them, opened up the mag well, added a real gas block and a few other small parts, and ended up with a nice AK on a true military receiver.

with Y stamp...and dimples. ;)

Is that even legal? And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both. Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"

That is an interesting thought buy it for the reciever, if it was a $235 gunshow pick-up that might not be bad but you are looking at about $300 by the time you get it here. Again a novelty and as an AK collector it has some appeal

I would be more worried about that cheezy pump action breaking.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Its still an ak. The gas block is undrilled. The foreend is attached to the gas piston, which no longer serves as a gas piston, but instead acts like a shotgun's action bar.

They've been around forever, and can be converted to a high cap semi auto, but not worth it anymore since there are better options out now.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Is that even legal? And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both. Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"

That is an interesting thought buy it for the reciever, if it was a $235 gunshow pick-up that might not be bad but you are looking at about $300 by the time you get it here. Again a novelty and as an AK collector it has some appeal

The pump gun is technically a WASR variant. The dimples and y stamp are not usually found on wasr rifles, so the one pictures is a little unique. Every other ak except the saiga have either dimples or lightening cuts. A Y stamp is hot or miss depending on the manufacturer.

The low cap mag well can be opened up to a high cap magwell in a few minutes with a dremel and a file. Thats all century arms does with any high cap wasr once its been imported to their warehouse. They all start as lowcap rifles. Century opens the magwell and adds the cheapest 5 us made compliance parts they can find.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Is that even legal?

What, the Y stamp? Sure. Hole = machine gun. Marking where a hole would go != machine gun. There's more necessary than just a hole, of course...and i am most certainly in NO way condoning or encouraging the illegal manufacture of a machine gun by an unlicensed individual. Just putting the info out there that it's more "correct" than a lot of AK's in just that respect alone.

And I didnt know that Ystamps and dimples differentiated AK's that much my Chinese guns have both.

That's because your chinese guns are built on real military receivers.

Also how can it be a true military receiver if it is "skinny mag'd"

Because it's made on the same production line, and every other machining step is exactly the same, except the mag well cut. They just cut it smaller. Easily opened up to double-stack dimensions. Like super easy. Super-duper easy.

It's not meant for heavy-duty CQB use. It's meant either for occasional plinking, california-safe shooting (same/same), or hunting. None of those will cause it to see serious use. The only other use it has, is fodder for a semi conversion. At which point the pump action is no longer a factor. ;)

Even easier, would be to buy a stripped romanian barrel and the corresponding parts (unless you can find complete barrel assemblies still, probably here and there on gunbroker) and just swap out. Would take a lot less time.

Not that I've given any thought to it, of course. AK's are scary and used only by terrorists. Jim Zumbo said so.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I guess the only real positive could be that it has a longer sight radius... but that's negated because it's attached to the top cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom