• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Anyone ever get a response in regard to the QD mount issues? I emailed them a week ago and haven’t heard anything

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Anyone ever get a response in regard to the QD mount issues? I emailed them a week ago and haven’t heard anything

It’s been over a week since my email, as well. Still no response. If we’re having this many issues, I’d imagine they’re having quite a bit getting thrown at them! Still, it would be nice to have some kind of response. Guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nothing. First wrote their sales email address (because this is what their website advised for problems with new purchases) and other than an auto-reply, there was no response 5-6 days later. I sent this email at the start of the the Labor Day weekend, so I'd discount 3 days from the waiting period.

I've was busy last week and didn't have time to call during the days, so when I was free late one night, I wrote their warranty email address (forwarding my first email to their sales address). This was a couple of days ago, and there was no auto-reply from this email address.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scrbfr

Jul 24, 2013
    According to Maryland law this gun is illegal in MD because it has a folding stock and a flash supressor as shown in the manufacturers picture from the link above.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Here is the quote from a newspaper:
    Broadly, any rifle that has two of three characteristics - folding stock, grenade launcher or flash suppressor — is considered an “assault weapon” and now illegal in Maryland.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    According to Maryland law this gun is illegal in MD because it has a folding stock and a flash supressor as shown in the manufacturers picture from the link above.
    Broadly, any rifle that has two of three characteristics - folding stock, grenade launcher or flash suppressor — is considered an “assault weapon” and now illegal in Maryland.

Consider yourself corrected. Not banned. If a rifle has a flash hider (not "flash suppressor") remove it and put on a muzzle brake/ compensator, or thread protectors.

You can also see it here: M+M Arms M10X-Z not banned

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

These are probably sold in many configurations. At least two models (Elite and M10X-Z) are not banned.

I believe that the M10X-Z has a muzzle brake (see here for close up: https://www.mm-industries.com/product/chaos-muzzle-brake-58x24/ ) not a flash hider. I see timed circular ports, which means either a full muzzle brake or maybe a compensator.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs

WRONG you are using import laws and confusing 922r laws. Go home you're drunk LOL

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've received some useful feedback and an offer of assistance from M+M regarding the QD mount issue plus another issue that I had with the Zhukov stock (the folding release button), and will post some of this correspondence later when at a computer. This was in response to my email to the sales address, which I think covers issues with newly purchased products.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    I've received some useful feedback and an offer of assistance from M+M regarding the QD mount issue plus another issue that I had with the Zhukov stock (the folding release button), and will post some of this correspondence later when at a computer. This was in response to my email to the sales address, which I think covers issues with newly purchased products.

Awesome!! Can’t wait to see what info you have. Hopefully I’ll get a response from them one day.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here is the back and forth with some information redacted or identifying information changed ...

Fidelity email #1

I picked up a new M10X-Z rifle this past week (serial XXXXXX). I've noticed two Magpul QD mount issues right off the bat.

For the forend rail in which there are QD mounts on the right and left sides of the rifle, neither securely holds a QD mount. A slight tug and the QD point comes out. I've tried two Magpul MS4 dual QD slings (one of which is brand new) and reproduced the problem. Both work on other platforms with QD mounts that I have.

For the second issue, on the Zhukov stock that you've used, on the left part of the bracket where it is attached to the receiver, there is another nonfunctional QD mount. In this case it's too small to accept the QD point. I'm wondering if in the process of attaching this stock system to the rifle that the bracket got slightly distended which affected the mounting hole (making it slightly oblong instead of circular). I did a little research before contacting you and see that in some iterations of the Zhukov stock that Magpul is now reinforcing the QD mounting point, which makes me wonder if this is an issue they've experienced in the past.

The end result of course is that I can't use a QD sling system in this new rifle in its current condition. I also am alerting you because I would expect this issue in other M10X-Z rifles that you may have recently sold, especially with your proprietary forend rail (which I otherwise like). Is there a simple way in which the problems with my rifle can be solved?

M+M response #1

Dear fidelity,

Thanks for contacting us about the issue with your M10X QD swivel mounting hardware incompatibility with the holes in the front of the M10X’s handguard and also its rear trunnion.

We have recently been made aware that the variations in length of some of the shafts on the many different brands of QD mounting hardware are not securely locking into M10X handguard QD holes.

The extra thickness of the material on the handguard is slightly greater than some QD mounts will accept and still allow for sufficient expansion of the ball-bearings. This is allowing them to retract and pop out under stress. At this point the only “quick-fix” is to relieve the thickness around the inside of the hole about .5 mm or so. We realize its not an ideal solution as the surface is Mil Spec III hard-anodized and removing the anodization can risk weakening the T-7075 material. The better fix for the time being is to acquire an after market item such as the UTG QD attachment point mounting bracket. https://www.amazon.com/Leapers-M-LOK-Standard-Swivel-Adaptor/dp/B018ZS5A0S/

On the rear trunnion the issue is easier to address. The anodizing was applied slightly too thick on some of the trunnions and can be fixed simply by using a large Phillips screwdriver or punch to slightly wallow the hole until it is just large enough to accept the stud of the QD sling swivel. It should hold properly after the slight enlargement. The rear trunnion is heat treated alloy and hard anodized in addition to that.

We are deciding on a permanent solution that involves dimensional changes to the handguard but must settle for something more expedient in the short-term.

Sorry for the hassle but we’ll find a way to work with you ASAP and beg your forbearance in the meantime.

(pictures included in this first email response are below)

Fidelity email #2

thanks for the follow-up. My rear folding stock also is a bear to get actuated to fold (rear button that releases needs to be pushed in quite deeply and with a lot of force), so was wondering if something happened when it was attached to the rifle receiver, especially as the mount/hole looks oblong. In fact Magpul shows a different design for the current Zhukov stock, isolating the QD mount potentially to protect it from getting stretched. Nonetheless, I will try to get the rear mount on the stock bored out a bit larger in the manner that you’ve suggested.

I think the hand guard modification isn’t something that I want to attempt and had realized that could always get an adapter for an MLOK slot, but wanted to hear back from M+M about how you were approaching the issue. Unfortunate as I really did like the possibility of mounting to that forward position for prone shooting.

M+M response #2

Hi there fidelity,

Using a punch or something to slightly wallow the rear trunnion hole ( as in the photos I attached) might be preferable to drilling it out since it would leave the anodized surface coat intact thus better protecting the trunnion’s alloy from corrosive salt or other harsh chemicals. Boring or drilling is more likely to create an oversize hole and create a different set of problems. If you’re uncomfortable performing this please return it and we’ll be glad to do it for you.

Your observations on the differences between our alloy trunnion and the plastic Magpul one is astute. The stock Magpul polymer trunnion for the AK47 is dispensed with as we designed our own which both matches the M10X cosmetically and is much stronger. Our rear trunnion is solid heavily reinforced alloy to provide facial protection in the rare event of a round detonating when the bolt is out of battery. This works in conjunction with reinforcement lugs which lock the closed upper and lower receiver together to prevent any gas escaping or debris from reaching a shooters face when the rifle is fired from the shoulder. This was a precaution taken due to the large amount of 7.62X39mm ammo of questionable quality on the American market.

Extraordinary efforts were taken to make the rifle durable and safe to use but a wide variety in QD lug lengths were apparently not sufficiently accounted for. We have acquired many… some of which work and others don’t. We’re looking at some brands we can sure will fit and will notify you when we have that info available.

As for the folding stock issue, returning your rifle would allow us to take a close look at the push-button on the stock as it should not require an unreasonable amount of effort to open it and we will stand behind the M10X rifle.

Let me know and I can send you shipping information and get you a warranty approval on Monday.

I'm going to take advantage of their offer and get this remedied. I prefer them doing the fix (also with the folding stock issue) and want to keep my rifle (vs exchange) as I love the trigger and have been very happy with its accuracy in my first range session.
    7ef3a34f90a7447a7967c08ed663c8cf.jpg
    8621a3df96631ff0b16a06ef7159ba69.jpg

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Glad they finally got back to you. They still haven’t replied to me. They really should be providing the QD mount “fix” and not just linking you to the item. I know it’s only $12 but it’s their QC that let this problem slip through.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Awesome!! Can’t wait to see what info you have. Hopefully I’ll get a response from them one day.

Glad they finally got back to you. They still haven’t replied to me. They really should be providing the QD mount “fix” and not just linking you to the item. I know it’s only $12 but it’s their QC that let this problem slip through.
    Guys, try this email address instead ...

sales@mm-industries.com

Include your serial number and date of purchase so they know that it's a new rifle. Remind them of when you first tried to contact them and perhaps point to this thread.

I agree with the comment about the $12 adaptor. I shouldn't need to purchase one. I think the email in which this was mentioned, it was suggested as an immediate stop gap measure until the company figured out how to deal with the issue as clearly others have been contacting them and there are likely even more customers that have this forend rail but haven't encountered the problem as yet simply because they haven't tried to attach a QD connector to one of the mounting points. Indeed one of the solutions that M+M might end up doing in the short term is including one or two adaptors in new rifle boxes just in case. I'm guessing that's why the suggestion was made.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Guys, try this email address instead ...

sales@mm-industries.com

Include your serial number and date of purchase so they know that it's a new rifle. Remind them of when you first tried to contact them and perhaps point to this thread.

I agree with the comment about the $12 adaptor. I shouldn't need to purchase one. I think the email in which this was mentioned, it was suggested as an immediate stop gap measure until the company figured out how to deal with the issue as clearly others have been contacting them and there are likely even more customers that have this forend rail but haven't encountered the problem as yet simply because they haven't tried to attach a QD connector to one of the mounting points. Indeed one of the solutions that M+M might end up doing in the short term is including one or two adaptors in new rifle boxes just in case. I'm guessing that's why the suggestion was made.

Just tried them again. We shall see!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just tried them again. We shall see!

Did they ever respond? I've been trying for weeks to move forward since the initial correspondence and it's like waiting for your ticket to be called at the MVA. Worse, in fact.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Did they ever respond? I've been trying for weeks to move forward since the initial correspondence and it's like waiting for your ticket to be called at the MVA. Worse, in fact.

I got a response, but it was vague. I was asked to call them, but they didn’t answer, I left a VM, no response. I then emailed them again, days went by, then a response saying, “I’ll call you tomorrow” but no phone call. I have no idea what’s going on over there!!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This entire episode of self fixing and backyard gunsmithing is bothersome. I would have thought they would be more than anxious to have the firearms returned for repair. The last thing I'd want as a gun manufacturer is an owner trying to fix my QC problems.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got a response, but it was vague. I was asked to call them, but they didn’t answer, I left a VM, no response. I then emailed them again, days went by, then a response saying, “I’ll call you tomorrow” but no phone call. I have no idea what’s going on over there!!

It's pretty pathetic. Despite issues folks were having with the rifle, I in part rolled the dice because they were supposed to have great customer support. Although PSA sometimes gets a bad rap for rushing products out (like their AK-47 mag compatible AR-15), they are responsive. If you're not satisfied with an item from them, often they will fix or replace. And arranging to do so is fast and simple. M+M's bread and butter product is this rifle. Pointing to one or two positive YouTube videos of the platform won't help you grow your business, whereas good word of mouth might.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    It's pretty pathetic. Despite issues folks were having with the rifle, I in part rolled the dice because they were supposed to have great customer support. Although PSA sometimes gets a bad rap for rushing products out (like their AK-47 mag compatible AR-15), they are responsive. If you're not satisfied with an item from them, often they will fix or replace. And arranging to do so is fast and simple. M+M's bread and butter product is this rifle. Pointing to one or two positive YouTube videos of the platform won't help you grow your business, whereas good word of mouth might.

Yep! Either they just have REALLY HORRIBLE customer service, or they’re totally bombarded with customer complaints, and backed up. Pretty frustrating, though.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Great feedback and insights from many of you, thanks! It seems that the QD issue is nothing more than a pain in the ars... I to, would opt to send it back, but would likely buy one that fits rather than repairing it myself. From all the reviews that I have read it appears that they've done a great job with the M10X. It is not easy to enter the market with a new platform, especially on that is reminiscent of the highly acclaimed AK-47, but I think they did it!

Having said all that, with fewer parts... you'd think that this platform would be well under $1k, but it is not. Price goes down and demand goes up :)

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Just emailed them AGAIN! I’ll report when I finally speak with a human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom