• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Anyone have one of these yet? They apparently started hitting distributors about a month ago. I just had Engage order me one for my first gun of 2013, and I was wondering if anyone had received theirs yet.

Obviously, I'll post pics and thoughts as soon as I get mine. :party29:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I managed to feel one up a few months ago. Their pretty nice, balance well in the hand. Sadly though i couldnt get trigger time with them.

Curious to hear the range reports and such.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Im a fan... But see no purpose of a rail on a "carry" gun. Sure would like to get my hands on a 92G-SD though.

Why not? It certainly doesnt change how easy it is to be carried. And if your super paranoid you can put the light on when you get home and make it a nightstand gun.

Very few actually CCW with a light but atleast it's an option if your a night owl and out all the time.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Im a fan... But see no purpose of a rail on a "carry" gun. Sure would like to get my hands on a 92G-SD though.

I don't really have strong feelings on it one way or the other. The 92 Compacts, as you know, aren't really that small anyways. It's not as if the rail makes it too bulky to carry.

That said, I do occasionally carry a Glock 17 or a government size 1911. ;)

I, too, would love to get my hands on a 92G-SD. I'm quite fond of the esoteric Beretta models, and I figure (knowing Beretta) this compact will probably be discontinued in the near future (as with everything cool that they do).

The lack of holsters for railed Berettas is a little bit of a pain though.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    It came in to the shop today!

Cool things - it has the same grip checkering and mag well as the M9A1 and it has a steel guide rod.

I'll get a range report and some better photos in once my paperwork clears!

Attachments

• IMG_20130103_230225.jpg
      IMG_20130103_230225.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 393

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    It came in to the shop today!

Cool things - it has the same grip checkering and mag well as the M9A1 and it has a steel guide rod.

I'll get a range report and some better photos in once my paperwork clears!

Very nice! And a PGC gun to boot. Drove past it tonight.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    the regular version is a hoot stainless steel clips are a real bastard to find though or at least have been for me even with all this madness been thinking about the px4
    baretta92.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    For those who are into the 92FS Compact w/ Rail, the Bruniton version is coming too...

I'm working on a kind of 92G-SD myself. I was able to acquire an old Elite IA (Brigadier, G) slide. My M9A1 is currently in jail waiting for the MSP to "NOT-DISAPPROVE" me to pick it up. :D

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    OK So I don't get it. Why does this gun have Type M9A1 labeled on it?

Because essentially, it is. It's just a compact and INOX version. That frame type is unique to the 92G-SD and M9A1. Guess they wanted to make it look cool. :shrug:

The rail and checkering on the frame/backstrap are welcome improvements, IMO. I really hope this is a sign of a continuing push to modernize the 90 series pistols. I don't understand why they dropped the Vertec, Elite and Brigadier models. :sad20:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom