• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Testing the waters here... I am looking at ordering some primed lake city military contract pull down brass. It's virgin, just needs neck sizing!
    I can order just 1k or can do 3000, but only need 1000 of it. It would be $175 per 1k. Looking to order by tues/wed
    Again this is military pull down lake city, mixed lots, virgin, factory primed brass.
    Let me know, PM me if you are 100% in.
    Unsure if I could get more than 3000 pieces due to demand/supply.

Edit: these are 5.56

Last edited:

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    If it is Lake City and "factory primed" you may have some work to do after you fire it the first time. I believe they crimp the primers at the factory and that requires you to remove the crimp before reloading the brass.

Just an FYI from someone who has had to swage a few thousand once fired LC brass....

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Yes rich, that is the case. It does have a mil crimp primer. But none the less it is lake city, some of the best brass put there. I have sceen once fired go for $100+ and that's usually dirty range pickup.
    I get it from a friend who has a shop in Indiana, he buys by the pallet the stuff from a de-miller. I think 3000 is what fits in a large flat rate box, hence the odd number

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    If it's virgin factory pull-downs, that's a heck of a good deal. They just pull the bullet, dump the powder, and leave you with a lot of steps already done. No need to mess with the primers yet until you fire it.

If it's once-fired, I happen to have an ad in the classifieds.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    If it's virgin factory pull-downs, that's a heck of a good deal. They just pull the bullet, dump the powder, and leave you with a lot of steps already done. No need to mess with the primers yet until you fire it.

If it's once-fired, I happen to have an ad in the classifieds.

:thumbsup: you are correct, this is VIRGIN, NEVER Fired brass, only needs neck sizing since the bullets were pulled and powder dumped.
    Only thing is that sometimes a case or 2 does need to be trashed, just a fault of the process but he has always sent me rather good stuff and always a few extras to make up for any damaged stuff.

They are 5.56 (.223) Mil spec brass, who knows why the gov wastes tax dollars to make, than unmake the ammo, most brass I have ever gotten is from the early 2000's, or so I am told.

Blueclawz

Bottom Feeder
    Jun 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    In - PM inbound with contact details.

Tel hm to find some 7.62 Brass as well....

and for those people who want to "po po" on crimped primers..that Dillon crimp swage is a blessing and the best $100 you will ever spend.

maverick0379

Aug 11, 2010
    Hi tech ammo has the same stuff for $115 on the K. He ships fast. I've ordered a ton of pull down bullets from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom