• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The 426th Maryland General Assembly Session begins January 14, 2009 and is scheduled to adjourn April 13, 2009. The General Assembly has 47 Senators and 141 Delegates elected from 47 districts in Maryland. The Maryland General Assembly meets in Annapolis each year for 90 days to act on an average of more than 2300 bills… most (if not all!) of these bills have a direct impact on your life.

Now is the time to become proactive in the decision making that will control your way of life. Do not put it off until later. Stopping a bad law from getting through the Maryland General Assembly is easy compared to getting a bad law rescinded or changed.

Last year I started the “The Political Activist Tool: MS Word Mail Merge Thread “ ( http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4278 ). Please refer to that thread for (very) basic information for creating functional mass mailings using your computer and MSWord. This is the same tool that our political enemies use to spread (manure comes to mind) their words of “truth”. We can now use the same tool to counter their misrepresentations of facts and statistics.

This thread should only be used to make these tools available. A separate discussion thread will be created ( http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=192355#post192355 ) to answer questions or provide guidance. This thread should be the home of mail list data bases, sample letters to be copied and pasted into your own mass mailings, and any other useful tools that can be shared in an effort to keeping the pressure ON our elected representatives. This tool is also useful for getting the word out to the Press. I will also work on tools for Letters to the Editor.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease… start squeaking!

See the following posts for these tools.

-Boxcab

Last edited:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The Maryland Senate Mailing Lists

Attached are the following mail merge lists:

2009 Entire Senate Mail List.xls

This listing contains the addresses of all the 2009 Senate members in MS Excel format.

2009 Senate Judical Proceedings Committee Mail List.xls

This listing contains the addresses of only the 2009 Senate that are members of the Judical Proceedings Committee in MS Excel format.

Others to be added as needed...

See updated 2011 lists under their own posting.

Last edited:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The Maryland House of Delegates Lists

Attached are the following mail merge lists:

2009 Entire House Mail List.xls

This listing contains the addresses of all the 2009 House of Delegates members in MS Excel format.

2009 House Judiciary Committee Mail List.xls

This listing contains the addresses of only the 2009 Senate that are members of the House Judiciary Committee in MS Excel format.

Others to be added as needed...

Attachments removed, see new post with updated addresses.

Last edited:

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Great information I'm assuming, but how do I open an .xls file?

Oh noooo. I don't have excel. I tried everything I have and nothing will open it. Perhaps someone can open, reformat and share again.

I believe you can go to microsoft's website and get a free excel viewer.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Great information I'm assuming, but how do I open an .xls file?

Oh noooo. I don't have excel. I tried everything I have and nothing will open it. Perhaps someone can open, reformat and share again.

Lets keep these questions in the discussion thread...

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Here's a sample letter...

The following is a sample of the first letter I will be sending out to ALL of the General Assembly. It looks like the formatting does not work in the forum, but the RED text will be automatically filled in by the Mail Merge program. It will customize each Address Block and Greeting Line for each name that is chosen from the mail merge list. The BLUE text will be replicated on each customized letter.

This is a great tool! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Once the letter is written (or copied and pasted), I can generate a customized letter and envelope/address label for each Senator and/or House delegate.

It is very simple folks, give it a try. The first time is the toughest, once you understand the mail merge format, anyone can do it!

If the Brady group can figure it out, so can you! :innocent0

December 31, 2008

«AddressBlock»
    «GreetingLine»

As you prepare for the 2009 General Assembly session, I hope that you will take a few minutes to reflect on what is really important to all citizens during these trying times, public safety.

We all need to reduce our spending, including the Government. This means fewer services can be offered to the public. Police, Fire and other Emergency services will be spread to their limits. The General Assembly needs to allow law abiding Maryland citizens the power and freedom to protect ourselves.

Pass a law that will reinstate our rights to defend our families and property. Pass laws to limit liabilities of performing this duty. Pass laws to keep criminals in jail. Notify the criminals that there will no longer be a free ride in Maryland.

Reinstate to the Maryland citizenry the right to conceal carry, protect these citizens with Castle Doctrine laws and protect them from civil lawsuits for legally doing so.

Sincerely,

Boxcab A. Citizen

Peddler

Nov 10, 2008
    Fayetteville, PA
    I did this because, I hope everyone that's capable gets involved. Here are the Senate and Judiciary addresses saved as a Windows notepad, text document. They're all separated and ready to copy and paste in the address label/size best suiting your needs.

Is the address field for Senator Thomas V. Mike Miller correct?

A tremendous amount of "Thanks" goes to Boxcab, for compiling these addresses. What I did was simple and the least I could do to make sure everyone can get these.

"Thanks again Boxcab."

edit: Members should know that it appears that the Judiciary addresses are already in the Senate address list. In other words, all the addresses you'll need are already in the Senate address, text document. Someone might end up printing 7 extra letters.

Perhaps there are two separate address downloads for a reason I'm not understanding?

Attachments

• Senate.txt
      5.8 KB · Views: 201
    • Judiciary.txt
      802 bytes · Views: 174
    Last edited:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Peddler,

Way to jump in...Good Job!

Yes, Mike Miller is "special" being the Senate President.

Come on people step up and use this tool to get your opinion heard in Annapolis!

-Boxcab

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom