View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2021, 12:40 PM #16

Weve been in Frederick County for almost 30 years, moved up here from Germantown.

There is a LOT that has changed. Youre right that Jenkins is a great 2A defender. However, I was talking with a friend who was at a meeting with him and he said Jenkins made the comment that, given how much Frederick has changed, hes not confident he could be elected again, even if he ran. He is getting up there.

Im not sure what to say. If we lose Jenkins to a softer, less constitutionally minded sort, you can bet gang activity is going to rise sharply. He has been very tough on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG-70 View Post
Montgomery County resident since '83, thinking about buying a small, detached, house somewhere less crowded and not as loud and annoying. I much prefer a rural setting to an urban one, especially in my limited, lower, price range. I need to be within a reasonable driving distance to my elderly parents in Bethesda.

From a 2A perspective, is Frederick County any better than Montgomery? I believe the Sheriff is the person who decides just how hard to push the issues, and realize that it's an elected position, but seeing that Frederick is more rural, and rural folks generally respect and value independence more than those in the city, or the suburban hood, I figured I'd ask the question. If it weren't for my parents, I'd be looking at other states.

Feel free to recommend alternative places, cities, counties, neighboring states, etc. that an independent, freedom-loving, hardworking, God-Fearing, educated, person, with no reason to fear the police, might find attractive to live in.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty
DanGuy48 is offline   Reply With Quote