View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 05:38 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG-70 View Post
Thanks guys, please keep the feedback coming in, especially as it applies to any benefits or advantages, in prices, conservative values, taxes, etc., not only for counties in MD, but also to moving to a neighboring state, such as VA, WV, and even PA.

I've maintained a real estate license and done business since 2002, but almost exclusively in high density Montgomery County, so I have very limited experience with wells, septic systems, perc tests, propane, permitting, etc., all of which I'm slowly researching.

I know how tight the market has been and am planning for when prices eventually drop, which I suspect will be some time next year. I currently have a townhouse, that, aside from the neighbors, suits me quite well; so there's no urgent need to move; just a desire. I'd like to keep things under $450K, but do not require a specific size lot, square footage, garage, build date, or even condition, etc. It's just me and the GF; no kids, or even dogs. Ideally, it would be a 2-3BD, 2BA+ rambler with a 1-2 car garage, but I'm willing to compromise. Also, I prefer to do the remodeling myself, instead of buying these houses that people are flipping, which all look the same on the inside, light grey paint, wood-look vinyl planks, cheap stainless appliances.

Moderators, feel free to move the thread as you see fit, if it has wandered off topic.

Thanks again for the continued feedback!
I am scared to even mention this, but what about Carroll? Scared because I don't want a flood of people moving here.

My parents are in Colesville, one brother is in Colesville, another brother is in Hampshire Greens just north of Colesville close to Clovery, one sister is in Chevy Chase, and the last sibling, another sister, is in downtown Annapolis. My parents and 3 of my 4 siblings were over this weekend. My siblings and their families come by during the "summer" to ride the trails with me and then hang out in the pool. I am down that way in MoCo often enough. About 45 minutes to my parents without traffic. Two brothers are tossing around the idea of moving up here, but they aren't quick with making up their minds.

Before this market went bonkers, you could have found what you are looking for on a decent sized lot for $450k. Now, probably not so much, but I have not really been looking for the past 18 months.

Without a written agreement between you and me, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote