Anyone know where to buy Uncooked Peanuts in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My wife has become fond of Boiled Peanuts southern style. She wants to make a batch at home but we cant find fresh uncooked red peanuts anywhere. They are sold in Kroger and Publix in Savannah.

Anyone know any place to buy them here.

BTW This is a test for the MDS community. She just posted on Facebook so its game on. Don’t let me down.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    When I lived in Mobile I tried boiled peanuts. I just couldn't make myself like them.

I didn’t like them at first either however we were guest at a party down there a few months ago and someone had made them at home. They were really good. Not total mush and just the right amount of salt. The woman told my wife how she makes them in the crock pot and I think she wants to give it a shot. If they turn out as good as those were I’ll eat them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I didn’t like them at first either however we were guest at a party down there a few months ago and someone had made them at home. They were really good. Not total mush and just the right amount of salt. The woman told my wife how she makes them in the crock pot and I think she wants to give it a shot. If they turn out as good as those were I’ll eat them.

Yeah, that might be a lot different. I got mine from a vendor on the street!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Jeppi Nut Company in Timonium.

http://jeppinutandcandy.com/

My dad used to get 50 lb. Bags of freshly roasted peanuts for the high school band boosters to sell at football games. They were so fresh the bag would be too hot to handle barehanded when he got home!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Hawaii has boiled penuts, but uses salt and star anise to give it as slight sweet taste. I have had southern boiled peanuts, and they are good. The raw peanuts you are talking about used to be sold in Giant and Safeway, but I assume low sales made them disappear. I will check the asian markets.

Q

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Hawaii has boiled penuts, but uses salt and star anise to give it as slight sweet taste. I have had southern boiled peanuts, and they are good. The raw peanuts you are talking about used to be sold in Giant and Safeway, but I assume low sales made them disappear. I will check the asian markets.

Q

Giant considers them a seasonal item and only carries them around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but they can special order them year round. I assume Safeway does the same around here.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks, good to know. I'll ask the customer service desk if I remember or look during the holiday season.

Q

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    My wife has become fond of Boiled Peanuts southern style. She wants to make a batch at home but we cant find fresh uncooked red peanuts anywhere. They are sold in Kroger and Publix in Savannah.

Anyone know any place to buy them here.

BTW This is a test for the MDS community. She just posted on Facebook so its game on. Don’t let me down.

Boiled peanuts are actually green peanuts!
    Fresh from the Field and boiled, salted to taste.

However unsalted Virginia peanuts will work.
    I put mine in the crockpot for at least 8 hrs.
    So delicious and good for you( except the salt, however you can leave it out)!

Fresh peanuts from the Field would be hard to get except during harvest season.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads