• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I just picked up a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and ordered the Vortex Venom red dot, but I later read some reviews which stated that the red dot won't fit the Ruger factory rail. :mad54:

Can anyone tell me what I need to make this red dot fit on my Ruger?
    (a link would be great)

Thank in advance! :)

GregSB

Feb 20, 2013
    A quick search for burris 410329 will solve your problem. It replaces the rear sight so it sits lower on the slide. It might not say on the description for mk iv, but it definitely works for burris and vortex red dots.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I just picked up a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and ordered the Vortex Venom red dot, but I later read some reviews which stated that the red dot won't fit the Ruger factory rail. :mad54:

Can anyone tell me what I need to make this red dot fit on my Ruger?
    (a link would be great)

Thank in advance! :)

Interesting, I had not heard that before and it should work to the best of my knowledge. I'm pretty sure I've shot a few Mark IVs with a Venom mounted.

This thread also seems to show some Venoms mounted on various Mark IV pistols:

https://rugerforum.net/ruger-rimfires/290233-mark-iv-lite-vortex-venom.html

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Well, I looked at several "adaptors" and found that they all cost around $50.
    I then found (what I think is) the proper Picatinny Rail from Ruger for around $15. Ordered the Picatinny Rail.

Will post an update when everything comes in. :thumbsup:

bob finger

Jul 24, 2016
    Many of us prefer to have a red dot lower to the barrel than you can have with a Pic rail and the factory supplied mount. The after market mounts are worth every nickel you spend.

I love to watch a new guy shoot a red dot for the first time. If the red dot is melted into the gun they have no problem. If I hand them a gun with a red dot that sits on top of a Pic rail they have a hell of a time finding the dot. Muzzle is always way high. Happens every time. bob

ps my favorite for the MK series comes from MaddMacs and mounts in the rear dovetail. The Doctor configuration is what you want for either the Vortex or Burris FFIII red dots.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Many of us prefer to have a red dot lower to the barrel than you can have with a Pic rail and the factory supplied mount. The after market mounts are worth every nickel you spend.

I love to watch a new guy shoot a red dot for the first time. If the red dot is melted into the gun they have no problem. If I hand them a gun with a red dot that sits on top of a Pic rail they have a hell of a time finding the dot. Muzzle is always way high. Happens every time. bob

ps my favorite for the MK series comes from MaddMacs and mounts in the rear dovetail. The Doctor configuration is what you want for either the Vortex or Burris FFIII red dots.

Well, I received the red dot and it mounted just fine without any adapters or a new rail.
    I'm not sure what problems others had, but I just wanted to be prepared.

You're right, Bob.
    It does sit a little high and takes some getting used to, but after a little practice, I can now find the dot just fine.
    I may eventually remove the rear sight and mount it there, but for now it's fine.
    It works GREAT btw! It's my first red dot sight and I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_5315.JPG
      IMG_5315.JPG
      56.4 KB · Views: 8,912

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads