• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Using a 3D printed 10/22 receiver, spare parts I bought off MDS, and a V-block assembly from eBay... behold, the 0% 10/22. Total cost was about $115, I believe, not counting the amortized cost of the 3D printer and the taps. Filament cost was negligible. Receiver is 90% infill PLA.

Notably, there is some fitting left to be done for smooth operation and probably magazine fitment, but all the parts go in, the bolt will cycle with some hand pressure, and it ejects the dummy round I tried. So, it's a working gun! Yay!

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
      IMG_1620.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 1,086
    • IMG_1619.jpg
      IMG_1619.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 1,103

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Where did you procure the barrel so inexpensive? I've been considering trying an 80% 10/22 but the least expensive full length barrel I can find is in the $160 range (for a threaded)
    Keep an eye on forums and eBay. It's not threaded, though.

Nice job. Did you write the program for the receiver? Finish fit it by hand?
    No, the receiver is from the CNC version, which was converted in the FOSSCAD MegaPack. Did require some fitting by hand - my build was nearly identical to HaveBlue's in how it came through:
    https://haveblue.org/?p=1530

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Mind sharing the make and model name of your printer?
    It's a Monoprice Architect, which is a rebranded Qidi, which is a clone of the Flashforge Creator, which is a clone of the Makerbot Replicator 1 Dual.

HOWEVER, I have upgraded the living hell out of the printer since I bought it, so your results may vary. Depending on your needs, the Monoprice Maker Ultimate and Maker Select could probably do the job.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    wow! Nice job... Have you function tested it with live ammo yet? If so, how does it work? Inquiring minds and all...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    “Originally Posted by Magnumite View Post
    Nice job. Did you write the program for the receiver? Finish fit it by hand?
    No, the receiver is from the CNC version, which was converted in the FOSSCAD MegaPack. Did require some fitting by hand - my build was nearly identical to HaveBlue's in how it came through:
    https://haveblue.org/?p=1530”

Cool, thank you for the reply.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Tyranny's worst nightmare.... a machine that covertly arms the People!
    What I'd really like to see is a remix of the Liberator pistol that uses common machine bolts. While I understand the reason they went 100% 3D printed, there were a lot of material trade-offs for that goal that maybe they didn't need to make. It is difficult for me to envision any future tyrannical government banning common nuts and bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom