• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Has anyone had to renew a permit in which they got the restrictions removed by the HGRB? Was it renewed without incident, without restriction, without starting all over again to justify being able to protect yourself?

I would think if the situation was the same the permit would be renewed as is, but ...........

TD

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Some have been renewed without a glitch, but others have had trouble.
    The MSP-LD does not accept HPRB decisions as binding precedent as we all know, and it seems that the new ability to appeal to an Administrative Law Judge may be empowering the MSP-LD to push-back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I believe at least one member here has had their permit (or board restrictions mod) challenged by the MSP to the ALJ. Don’t think there’s been an outcome yet.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    It has gone both ways. Just had mine renewed so it will be a while before I have any personal info. Don't know of any appeals by MSP so far!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm dropping my renewal into the mail tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Just received my renewal yesterday. Same restrictions applied...

But, since I'm a solo practitioner, on call 24/7, and I'm always carrying my business Amex card, I'm always "doing business" or "carrying currency"...

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Speaking of which, do we know if MSP has used the ALJ route?

Yes, I have had contact with two individuals who have received notice of an appeal. It will be interesting to see if this is just a thing to possibly scare people to not appeal from the MSP decision or they intend to pursue this indefinitely.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yes, I have had contact with two individuals who have received notice of an appeal. It will be interesting to see if this is just a thing to possibly scare people to not appeal from the MSP decision or they intend to pursue this indefinitely.

Is there any reason MSP even has to show up to HPRB hearings? Can't they just appeal any overturn regardless they show up?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Good god I hope things change soon. I hate to say it, but jumping through the hoops is getting tiring. I can see why some just give up.

TD

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Good god I hope things change soon. I hate to say it, but jumping through the hoops is getting tiring. I can see why some just give up.

TD

After the abysmal turn-out of pro-2A voters in Maryland’s last election, our only realistic hope is a landmark ruling by SCOTUS.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I am thinking more of an abysmal amount of 2 A canidates...

I freely admit that every election is the choice between the lesser evil from amongst two imperfect candidates. But in a number of districts around the state that I am familiar with, our pro-2A voters sat home in 2018 and allowed anti-gunner challengers to defeat credible pro-2A incumbents. Now I admit that the DEM base was strongly mobilized last election, but that does not diminish the fact that our pro-2A base’s turnout was markedly depressed from 2016.
    8de4856c82d21fc0045e8b25e64ab540.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom