• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...ls-no-shortage-of-gun-violence-research-data/

:lol2:

The Bloomberg Professor of American Health at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University, Daniel Webster, and his colleagues at the Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research launched their much anticipated massive, open online course “Reducing Gun Violence in America: Evidence for Change” this week. The course is available on Coursera, an online learning platform.

Thank god for the internet, otherwise these poor kids whose parents are overpaying for an education would not get facts.

Maybe someone should sit in and ask why murders wen up after he promoted gun control in MD in 2013, and why his "research" aka propaganda is such an epic failure. Whats it like being a gigolo for Bloomturd anyway?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...ls-no-shortage-of-gun-violence-research-data/

:lol2:

Thank god for the internet, otherwise these poor kids whose parents are overpaying for an education would not get facts.

Maybe someone should sit in and ask why murders wen up after he promoted gun control in MD in 2013, and why his "research" aka propaganda is such an epic failure. Whats it like being a gigolo for Bloomturd anyway?

I will neither confirm nor deny that I may have just registered for this class. I will try to throw out some updates when I can....uh, if I happened to have registered for it. :D

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I am currently taking the course and in the discussion forum, someone has already posted that they feel that anyone who owns a gun is nuts. Thank you for keeping an open mind. Some of the first slides that they displayed showed that most gun murders were committed by young black males and the victims were young black males. Seems to me that they could just ban young black males from having guns and the number of murders would drop.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I am currently taking the course and in the discussion forum, someone has already posted that they feel that anyone who owns a gun is nuts. Thank you for keeping an open mind. Some of the first slides that they displayed showed that most gun murders were committed by young black males and the victims were young black males. Seems to me that they could just ban young black males from having guns and the number of murders would drop.

Thank you for your personal sacrifice.

I personally would be unable to tolerate the nonsense. I'm fast running out of tolerance for this state, as a hole.

So to speak.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    It sounds like another "Echo Chamber", were people of like thoughts (not minds), reinforce each others belief system. It makes them sound very smart and fully educated on the subject when no one challenges your beliefs or perceptions. I believe this has become the weakness of the Anti 2A movement and the Democratic party in general. Everyone is too eager to belong and be accepted, wanting only to have their beliefs reinforced by the "Echo Chamber".

KJackson, good luck.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Isn't Planned Parenthood working on that? :innocent0

ETA: Are they charging you American money for that course?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Isn't Planned Parenthood working on that? :innocent0

ETA: Are they charging you American money for that course?

You can take the course for free, but if you want a certificate at the end, then you can pony up $49. No thanks. I'll take the free version.

They asked us to answer the following questions. After that is my post. You can reply to posts, but I haven't seen many.

What is the culture of gun ownership and use like where you live?

How does gun violence impact your personal life and/or your community?

How does your experience differ from others?

While the area where I live does not have a high rate of criminal gun activity, I do live near a place that does. That is Baltimore. I was raised in a house without guns, yet I was taught that they were not toys to be played with and having one was not an expression of your toughness or manhood.

I currently do own a number of firearms and they are all safely stored and only I have access to them. They only present a danger to you if you are a paper target that I have hung up at the end of the firing range.

I have not been a victim of gun violence and know only 1 person for sure that has been shot by a firearm and that was his own fault for being stupid.

With all the talk of people being gun violence survivors and mass shooting survivors, I have come to wonder something. What makes someone a gun violence survivor or mass shooting survivor? Being shot and living? Being near someone that was shot? If so, how close do you need to be to qualify? If I was present at a 1,200 student school when a mass shooting took place, am I a mass shooting survivor? Even if I was in a different building from where the shooting happened?

I am a person who sees a firearm as an inanimate tool. The usefulness or destruction comes entirely from the desire of the user. So one thing that I hope to see addressed in this class is punishing those who use firearms illegality or possess them illegally, instead of dropping those charges and letting the criminal out to commit more and worse crimes. Stop blaming the tool and start blaming the user. Did God get rid of stones after Cain killed Able?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Intro from one of the "professors" in the intro, 3:10

"I had the very good fortune to be able to interview our state's attorney general, Brian Frosh, on the topic of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution."

This ought to be good...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Intro from one of the "professors" in the intro, 3:10

"I had the very good fortune to be able to interview our state's attorney general, Brian Frosh, on the topic of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution."

This ought to be good...

Insofar as Frosh has labeled anyone who wants to own a gun as insane, I stand in awe of this great man who trusts his life to his "insane" MSP bodyguards.

Do you suppose he requests that they disarm before entering the Presence?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    You can take the course for free, but if you want a certificate at the end, then you can pony up $49. No thanks. I'll take the free version.

They asked us to answer the following questions. After that is my post. You can reply to posts, but I haven't seen many.

What is the culture of gun ownership and use like where you live?

How does gun violence impact your personal life and/or your community?

How does your experience differ from others?

While the area where I live does not have a high rate of criminal gun activity, I do live near a place that does. That is Baltimore. I was raised in a house without guns, yet I was taught that they were not toys to be played with and having one was not an expression of your toughness or manhood.

I currently do own a number of firearms and they are all safely stored and only I have access to them. They only present a danger to you if you are a paper target that I have hung up at the end of the firing range.

I have not been a victim of gun violence and know only 1 person for sure that has been shot by a firearm and that was his own fault for being stupid.

With all the talk of people being gun violence survivors and mass shooting survivors, I have come to wonder something. What makes someone a gun violence survivor or mass shooting survivor? Being shot and living? Being near someone that was shot? If so, how close do you need to be to qualify? If I was present at a 1,200 student school when a mass shooting took place, am I a mass shooting survivor? Even if I was in a different building from where the shooting happened?

I am a person who sees a firearm as an inanimate tool. The usefulness or destruction comes entirely from the desire of the user. So one thing that I hope to see addressed in this class is punishing those who use firearms illegality or possess them illegally, instead of dropping those charges and letting the criminal out to commit more and worse crimes. Stop blaming the tool and start blaming the user. Did God get rid of stones after Cain killed Able?

Now you did it!
    I bet Professor Webster has your name, on a sticky note, stuck on the corner of his monitor for the duration of the course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom