• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Molot to get the Izhmash import ban treatment?

Well, it's looking like it might be time to jump on that Vepr that you had your eyes on.

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

Down towards the bottom. It seems that Molot's gotten itself into Uncle Sam's crosshairs. I guess this is why we can't have nice things. This Russia sanction BS is getting ridiculous.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Came here to post this. Glad I got my Vepr 12 when I did. Hopefully the Russian ammo keeps flowing. Maybe Trump will fix this and get us some Russian SKS rifles and 5.45 also

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I've got my fingers crossed that the current administration gets us out of this mess, but then again, they also seem like they have bigger fish to fry right now. In the meantime, looks like it's time to panic buy. So long, $700, you were a good friend.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Glad I got my Vepr 12 when I did. Hopefully the Russian ammo keeps flowing. Maybe Trump will fix this and get us some Russian SKS rifles and 5.45 also

Although not holding my breathe, ditto on all counts.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    From reading the treasury department announcement, it's not Wolf Ammo. It's Wolf Holdings which used to be a motorcycle club. They provide tactical training now.

Relax, the ammo will continue to flow.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Pretty sure a different Wolf
    Source: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20170620.aspx
    Wolf Holding of Security Structures is an organization owned by the previously-designated Night Wolves motorcycle club. The company provides martial arts and tactical military courses to foreign military, law enforcement, and Russian-speaking compatriots from European and Asian States. Wolf Holding of Security Structures is being designated for having materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of, the Night Wolves.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Well, most imported "Russian" ammo is really made in NATO countries, so I doubt this will have any more impact than the Obama sanctions.

A lot of the stuff here still is made in Russia. Tulammo is made by Ulyanovsk and Tula, Golden Tiger is made by Vympel, and Brown Bear and some Wolf is made by Barnaul. I haven't seen any in a while, but there was plenty of Klimovsk 7.62x39 as well as Novosibirsk 9mm back in 2012. The vast majority of 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and 9x18 imported is still Russian.

Wolf as well as Century's Red Army Standard used to have Ukrainian ammo from Lugansk, but the plant has been held by rebels since 2014. Red Army Standard is now Romanian and Polish. There is plenty of ammo coming from former East Bloc countries, but most of the non-Russian stuff is brass cased, like GGG from Lithuania, PPU from Serbia, IK (Igman) from Bosnia, S&B from the Czech Republic, ZVS from Slovakia, and Geco from Hungary (the brand also has Swiss and German ammo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom