The gun you wish wasn't on "The List"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I was reading through this and saw an ak come up quite a few times, so I just wanted to remind everyone that if you REALLY want an ak, you could legally sbr one with a 15.9" barrel and have it look completely normal. You could either build one on a form 1 and have the barrel cut to the right legth, or if you find a shop, you could have one custom built. Most people probably know this already, but I figured of post it for the few people the don't lol.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    I was reading through this and saw an ak come up quite a few times, so I just wanted to remind everyone that if you REALLY want an ak, you could legally sbr one with a 15.9" barrel and have it look completely normal. You could either build one on a form 1 and have the barrel cut to the right legth, or if you find a shop, you could have one custom built. Most people probably know this already, but I figured of post it for the few people the don't lol.

Actually, looked at the FAL SBR’s...
    I want to buy an M-16 on principal...

COLT

Dec 15, 2014
    POLYTEC M14

Same here. The M1A is the only thing I wasn't able to get before FSA2013.

POLYTEC M14 ON THE OKAY LIST 308 - SPRINGFIELD ARMORY IN 6.5 LEGAL AND FULTON ARMORY 6.5 -- FULL AUTO M14'S I BELIEVE IN MARYLAND IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE:party29:

Old Salt

Nov 27, 2007
    Bel Air
    I'll jump in too. M1A in .308. Had an M14 on my ship as my "go to" weapon. Always loved it and trusted it. Why we can still have AR-15's but no M1A's baffles me. Oh, that's right. The law isn't supposed to make any sense. Stupid me.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    Being just out of college I didn't have enough disposable income during 2013.
    As soon as I move to FL or NC I'm buying the following with my tax return or second check.

-M1A
    -Ak-47
    -FAL
    -Pencil Barrel Ar-15's (missed SOOOO many good deals the gun makers really thought hillary was going to win.)

So ridiculous the m1A is banned how many crimes have seriously been committed with it

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    H&K 91 was a fantastic shooter but I didn't keep it for very long. Its fluted chamber destroyed brass to the point of being unusable.

gtfGpnI.jpg

That's one of the 'prettier' ones. Usually, there was also a nice big dent in the neck of the case, too.

Gotta love the HK's tears the brass up, tears the case rim up and your correct a nice "big" dent in the side if you don't have an ejection port buffer, then you got to find the brass, generally 30-40 feet to the right and forward,they all reload just fine, may take some "effort" to pull the handle on the press to resize them, but workable, just like going to the gym, PSG-1's are nice and dent it also, but they are very accurate, nice trigger, throw on some good glass, loves LC match ammo and 168gr Sierra's is where it shines...:D
    Bout the only one I want is a Thompson,or Steyr AUG, or a 50cal M2HB could of years ago but did not have the funds, or a HK MP5SD, add to the bucket list..Not much else. The older Devine M1A's shoot really good (our friend Lou shot-em) and some of the S.A. when the Reese Brothers had it, Leatherwood ART scope, have at it... friends owned a GS in the 70's-80's, HK, S.A., R.I.A. knew us well. Investments grasshopper, investments.... and living in this State....and it's ideas...

-Rock

Last edited:

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    M1A, this is on my list for when I retire out of the DPRM. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you can still buy an M14 as long as it has a heavy barrel? Seriously, how many criminals have used an M1A or M14 in MD to commit their crimes?

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am sure the Baltimore Citidiots check the list and only buy approved guns from the van parked on Moravia Blvd, right. I am pretty sure they are disappointed they cant get the M1A in .308.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

M1A, this is on my list for when I retire out of the DPRM. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you can still buy an M14 as long as it has a heavy barrel? Seriously, how many criminals have used an M1A or M14 in MD to commit their crimes?

I don't know anyone that makes the M1A in a heavy barrel but I know they are available. I dont think that you can get a M1A with Heavy barrel and be good to go in MD.... I do know that the Polytech (Chinese) M14 is still cash and carry in MD. They are not cheap anymore though. I think I got mine for $800 and now I cannot find one for cheaper than $1200.

I just shot mine today, first time in year. I love that thing. Hitting metal plates at 200 yards with the irons and just got a scope zeroed on it.

2474dfa1123875ed6213ee202157d7bf.jpg

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Does the selector switch work?

Nevermind, it's the bolt handle under the windage knob.

Last edited:

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

Are the stocks walnut?

The one pictured is birch. I have a bunch of Birch and Walnut stocks. Some fancy some very basic. I also have dozens of Handyman Stocks that have existing arsenal repairs or cracks that could be repaired.

Walnut
    80b2a3389a17a7c79e42743a27823bf5.jpg

Mix
    9c90066f470b2e698029070206077657.jpg

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My springfield M1A has a walnut stock but it's not very pretty. If it wasn't bedded I'd replace it with something nicer. The grain on the birch stock looks really nice. Tiger maple would be pretty awesome as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom