What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • While in an ideal world we might like the idea of putting our foot down and saying enough is enough, a lot of us have a lot to loose by doing so. I have a very nice career as a airline pilot and can't afford to jeopardize my career my having a firearm that the government has deemed illegal no matter how much I may disagree with the laws. For the people that choose to defy the law and engage in civil disobedience I applaud you, but you also need people with jobs to help pay the expenses incurred by fighting restrictive laws.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    While in an ideal world we might like the idea of putting our foot down and saying enough is enough, a lot of us have a lot to loose by doing so. I have a very nice career as a airline pilot and can't afford to jeopardize my career my having a firearm that the government has deemed illegal no matter how much I may disagree with the laws. For the people that choose to defy the law and engage in civil disobedience I applaud you, but you also need people with jobs to help pay the expenses incurred by fighting restrictive laws.

I don't want to live in a post-2A world, and I definitely don't want my children to live helpless unarmed and at the mercy of armed criminals and a tyrannical government. I will gladly give my life to make theirs safe from those things.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    While in an ideal world we might like the idea of putting our foot down and saying enough is enough, a lot of us have a lot to loose by doing so. I have a very nice career as a airline pilot and can't afford to jeopardize my career my having a firearm that the government has deemed illegal no matter how much I may disagree with the laws. For the people that choose to defy the law and engage in civil disobedience I applaud you, but you also need people with jobs to help pay the expenses incurred by fighting restrictive laws.
    With respect, this is EXACTLY what they hope for/plan on.

You can be a pilot in a tyrannical country were your freedom does not exist or you can be a free person and live in relative peace...it's your choice

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Silence can be dissent ...

Loose lips sink more than ships, so I understand your concern. We're all 'slave to a paycheck' to a certain degree, but that doesn't mean that you should accept the incremental tyrannies being heaped upon us. Martin Niemöller's lament applies because eventually it will affect your livelihood. So, knowing your breaking point and preparing for it may mean keeping silent about all things, legal and illegal, until the covert war becomes overt when there will be no middle ground.

Margaret Mead, "And Keep Your Powder Dry" and ...

Attachments

• STFU Pacifier.JPG
      STFU Pacifier.JPG
      13.6 KB · Views: 328
    Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm not going to call out cessnapilot for his reasoning. Better men than I am have done the same thing. I remember a MSP official who was gagged in front of the GA back in 2013, who subsequently had a change of heart. Socio-economic pressure is no small thing. Families are definitely Hostages To Fortune.

Old farts who are near their sell-by date are dangerous since they have little to lose.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There is a growing left wing 2A movement in the country. (i'm not talking about Antifa) It's small but unabashedly vocal about their intent to counter what they call "right wing hatred"..In their minds Republicans and libertarians are the ones provoking civil upheaval..What they don't understand (or will never admit) is that those 2 groups are part of the reason they can arm themselves..it's just more liberal mental illness..and it's scary

By being vocal and drawing attention by bragging and threatening, they target themselves to LE. Stupid move, but hey, FEELZ GUD!

I think the more dangerous Leftist/Marxist option is the "sleepers" who are biding their time. Think "Beltway Sniper" of the past, but multiplied 10 or 20 times in each major city at the same time. Calls for confiscation will surely follow in the resulting bovine panic.

Plan based on that scenario.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    By being vocal and drawing attention by bragging and threatening, they target themselves to LE. Stupid move, but hey, FEELZ GUD!

I think the more dangerous Leftist/Marxist option is the "sleepers" who are biding their time. Think "Beltway Sniper" of the past, but multiplied 10 or 20 times in each major city at the same time. Calls for confiscation will surely follow in the resulting bovine panic.

Plan based on that scenario.
    The sheep are the most likely targets of the left. Certainly initially and maybe for the duration. Such efforts will generate fear and cooperation among the remaining sheep.

They won’t dare prey on critters with teeth...who will bite/fight back. The have neither the stomach nor the skill for it.

The goal of the violent left is to defeat those without stomach or skill with as little effort as possible.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm not going to call out cessnapilot for his reasoning. Better men than I am have done the same thing. I remember a MSP official who was gagged in front of the GA back in 2013, who subsequently had a change of heart. Socio-economic pressure is no small thing. Families are definitely Hostages To Fortune.

Old farts who are near their sell-by date are dangerous since they have little to lose.

That's a great line! :thumbsup:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Good Read ... DailySignal.com (Heritage.org)

Constitutional scholar Charles Kesler, editor of the Claremont Review of Books, speaking on “The State of the Constitution”.

Our ‘Cold Civil War’ Over 2 Constitutions
    “Underlying this cold civil war is the fact that increasingly America is torn between two Constitutions,” Kesler outlined five possible ways to resolve the cold civil war.

One is to change the subject. Another is to change minds through persuasion, until one side wins. A third is a “reinvigorated federalism” that allows blue states and red states to address issues differently and coexist with minimal interference from the U.S. government. The others are more undesirable: secession or war.

“It’s possible we could agree to disagree in separate countries,” Kesler said. “Although that would be extremely difficult because succession, as we know from our history, leads to the fifth and final possibility—war.
    Are you paying attention California ?
    He described one Constitution, the original 1787 document as amended, as steeped in natural rights and limited government. This one, he said, is also the “conservatives’ Constitution.”

The other one is the “living Constitution,” or what he called “the liberals’ Constitution.”

“The living Constitution implies that the other Constitution is a dead Constitution, or at least is on life support, and that it must be transformed, it must be infused with new meaning, new ends and to some degree new means and institutions, to be kept alive in order to be a vital part of our politics,” Kesler said.

President Woodrow Wilson was one of the first to use the term “living Constitution” to suggest it changes with the times, Kesler said.
    And Obama doubled-down ...

Attachments

• living-constitution.jpg
      living-constitution.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 238

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's rumored that Mueller gave Comey immunity, and that partly explains why Comey is so talkative and confident.

If Mueller did, why?

Is he givivng Brennan and others in the conspiracy immunity, too? Rosenstein?

Comey gave Hillary's lawyer and aide immunity, too. From what? In return for what?

The conspiracy of immunity givers and recipients are having quite a circle jerk while undermining the Constitution and committing sedition, aren't they?

There already is a revolution underway, actually a bloodless coup in slo mo, but almost nobody except Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, and a couple other patriotic but powerless Republican congressmen are even trying to stop it.

Ryan is sleeping with the enemy and Gowdy has thrown in the towel.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    It's rumored that Mueller gave Comey immunity, and that partly explains why Comey is so talkative and confident.

If Mueller did, why?

Is he givivng Brennan and others in the conspiracy immunity, too? Rosenstein?

Comey gave Hillary's lawyer and aide immunity, too. From what? In return for what?

The conspiracy of immunity givers and recipients are having quite a circle jerk while undermining the Constitution and committing sedition, aren't they?

There already is a revolution underway, actually a bloodless coup in slo mo, but almost nobody except Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, and a couple other patriotic but powerless Republican congressmen are even trying to stop it.

Ryan is sleeping with the enemy and Gowdy has thrown in the towel.

We sure have come a long way since Ryan was pushing old ladies in wheel chairs off cliffs.:sad20:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    But that's not how it will happen. First the government will mine the logs of every FFL in the country and every state government firearms database to see who has what. Next you will be sent a letter telling you you have X number of days to turn your firearms in to a designated collection point. If you fail to do so your paycheck will be withheld by the IRS and maybe a lien on your home. If that doesn't convince you friendly agents from a federal law enforcement agencies will meet you at work, or shopping, or church and put the shiny bracelets on you (and maybe any other adults living in your home since they would also have access to your guns) and off to jail you will go until you come clean with the whereabouts of your firearms. They are not going to accept stories of losing them in a boating accident or other fantasies...They aren't going to kick in your door...there are no where near enough of them...but they can certainly "convince" you to give them up...

At the point this starts is the breaking point for me (and thousands of other Oath Keepers and 3%ers)..

All you have to do is look at health care..... Taxing you is exactly how they will accomplish other things. What are you going to do, take all your money out of the bank? Maybe for personal, not gonna work for your retirement savings. The digital age is both a blessing and a curse.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    VDH nails it ...

Victor Davis Hanson: The True Threat to America’s Civil Liberties Is It’s Law-Breaking Intelligence Apparatus

Quoting T.S. Eliot - This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.

It is willful blindness for progressives and NeverTrump Republicans to overlook what has happened only to damn what has not happened. The dangers in America are not from transparent right-wing authoritarians (who are easily spotted in their clumsiness), but from mellifluous self-styled constitutionalists, whose facades and professions of legality mask their rank efforts to use any anti-constitutional means necessary to achieve their supposedly noble egalitarian ends.

I'll take exception to Victor Davis Hanson's T.S. Eliot quote. Should the intelligence apparatchiks who seek Trump's removal succeed, there will be much, much more than a whimper, but that's not their goal. Their goal is to continue this farce until September (according to Rudy Guliani), long enough to damage Trump's 'brand' going into the mid-terms, where the DemocRATs have vowed impeachment upon winning.

Should THAT happen, it will be the next 'shot heard round the world'. Failing America's wish to 'drain the swamp', our real enemy, the deep state, will need to be routed and righted ... by any means necessary.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Hanson is an extremely lucid writer and thinker firmly grounded in relevant history.

I first saw him speak an event in Washington a very long time ago on the ancient hoplite citizen army. I was interested in the history of the tactics, but he went well beyond it, with a fascinating and convincing discussion about how such citizen forces, and everything from the way they fought and the way they ended fighting aided in creating culture and social cohesion amicable to Democracy.

I see he has a column up at Reason.com, I strongly suggest everyone read his work, including his seminal books, which are approachable even for persons not initially familiar with the subjects he is covering.

I tend to agree with him that it will be a whimper. the US press, media and long term communications culture are no longer just co-opted by governance (See NY Times writer Mark leibovich's "This Town" book on DC ") but fully a core element of the swamp.

We used to have a system of governance experts centrally accumulating and centralizing power -- it was called feudalism and empires. Yet as we it again raising its head, any resistance or critique is defined as "nationalism" "nationalist populism" and reactionary, as the increasing undemocratic center accumulates more and more power and sheds accountability to the populaces.

And even the question of an armed populace, a proven for thousands of years including today, deterrent to government tendencies toward tyrannical actions tendencies that will always be present in any governance, including democratic ones, is defined by the media as "seditious."

The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Hanson is an extremely lucid writer and thinker firmly grounded in relevant history.

I first saw him speak an event in Washington a very long time ago on the ancient hoplite citizen army. I was interested in the history of the tactics, but he went well beyond it, with a fascinating and convincing discussion about how such citizen forces, and everything from the way they fought and the way they ended fighting aided in creating culture and social cohesion amicable to Democracy.

I see he has a column up at Reason.com, I strongly suggest everyone read his work, including his seminal books, which are approachable even for persons not initially familiar with the subjects he is covering.

I tend to agree with him that it will be a whimper. the US press, media and long term communications culture are no longer just co-opted by governance (See NY Times writer Mark leibovich's "This Town" book on DC ") but fully a core element of the swamp.

We used to have a system of governance experts centrally accumulating and centralizing power -- it was called feudalism and empires. Yet as we it again raising its head, any resistance or critique is defined as "nationalism" "nationalist populism" and reactionary, as the increasing undemocratic center accumulates more and more power and sheds accountability to the populaces.

And even the question of an armed populace, a proven for thousands of years including today, deterrent to government tendencies toward tyrannical actions tendencies that will always be present in any governance, including democratic ones, is defined by the media as "seditious."

The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics.
    You need to post more and more often.

...even sans pictures.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Another vote for 'whimper'...

Between the compliant leftists, the complicit media, and the complacent sheeple, the collapse--should it come--will be unnoticed by the people we see out front on a daily basis.

It falls to the rest of us to make the noise... but most won't.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Hear, Hear !!!

Quoting rascal ' post above ... "The point and it really is missed in this thread, is the simple act of promoting an armed law abiding citizenry IS what reduces the risks of confrontation and violence in politics."

Another vote for 'whimper'...

Between the compliant leftists, the complicit media, and the complacent sheeple, the collapse--should it come--will be unnoticed by the people we see out front on a daily basis.

It falls to the rest of us to make the noise... but most won't.
    Most ONLY recall the last 5 words of Heston's speech, but listen closely to his lead up and decide whether we smell the smoke in the air of our Concord Bridge ... and will act BEFORE we're required too. Vote wisely in November or ...

Attachments

• Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 329

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads