• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Well, we knew it was coming. The MGA is coming for us. I think they are emboldened by the losses conservatives took this year AND see the writing on the wall with redistricting. How can we be in such a bad place, yet on the precipice of something soooo needed?

IMO, I encourage the MGA to pass their laws AND take them further. Go ahead and ban HBARs AND call for a registration/confiscation. That is the only thing that is going to get some on "our side" to get off their asses. We have a few legislators on our side that are educated enough to be of help, but the majority are either self-serving or just knowledgable enough to hurt us.

Where is Governor Hogan on any of this? Not that it matters. The MGA have to power to override any veto and they will.

This is it! What will you do?

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Posted this in the guns in 2019 session thread. I don't think I'll be able to get time to go down on the gun days. In my district all my reps are dems and writing/calling them is a waste of time, every time they basically just say screw you. What can I do that is actually meaningful? I feel like I'm bailing with a sieve.

Maswasnos

Feb 24, 2018
    PG County
    I don't know how you guys do it, I've only been into guns for a year now and I'm so tired of it all. There's just been a neverending stream of crap coming our way for the last year and I am thoroughly demoralized.

I'll give some money to MSI and I've already emailed Hogan about it, but what more is there to do? Rallying in Annapolis doesn't change anyone's mind, lawsuits take years to get anywhere, and our state is too blue for my vote to make a difference. Could really use a 2nd amendment pick-me-up right about now...

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Good thing I have some vacation time to burn.

The way I see it, we don't live in a free society in Maryland. It's an authoritarian one-party state. Do what the Dems want or you get the hose again.

We don't have the soap box because the media distorts it. Marylanders don't have a voice unless you agree with the party.

We don't have a fair ballot box because of Gerrymandering

We don't have a jury box that's fair because no court is impartial anymore

We have the cartridge box. And the party is trying to take that away, too.

What we have left is tyranny (along with taxation without representation, rights treated as privledges, etc.). I am just waiting for the requirement to be a "party member" to attend college or hold a job.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Posted this in the guns in 2019 session thread. I don't think I'll be able to get time to go down on the gun days. In my district all my reps are dems and writing/calling them is a waste of time, every time they basically just say screw you. What can I do that is actually meaningful? I feel like I'm bailing with a sieve.

The best thing you can do is make sure every other gun owner knows about the BS they are trying to pass. If you have a family member who hunts but doesn’t care for AR-15s let them know about all of the long gun crap and the LGQL. If you go to a range talk with the other shooters there so they know what is going on and hopefully share with everyone they know. If you have a social media account share the info there. The more gun owners in the state that are aware of it and can see how it will effect them the better.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I don't know how you guys do it, I've only been into guns for a year now and I'm so tired of it all. There's just been a neverending stream of crap coming our way for the last year and I am thoroughly demoralized.

I'll give some money to MSI and I've already emailed Hogan about it, but what more is there to do? Rallying in Annapolis doesn't change anyone's mind, lawsuits take years to get anywhere, and our state is too blue for my vote to make a difference. Could really use a 2nd amendment pick-me-up right about now...

Krucam posted this in another thread, it always gives me hope:

Attachments

• Right_to_Carry,_timeline.gif
      Right_to_Carry,_timeline.gif
      85.2 KB · Views: 1,170

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    I’m done!!! I will certainly continue to fight the antis in Annapolis but I am done having my constitutional rights trampled by these Liberal twatwaffles. I will not comply with anymore of Their BS gun laws and I could care less who knows it. :mad54:

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Talking to folks about this the consensus is there will be a lot of new criminals once this is signed into law who could care less. In fact, screw HBAR's because they'll just buy what they want. Screw the HQL because again they'll just buy what they want from someone who will sell. Across state lines isn't an issue once you no longer care. Self defense etc. just got easier too. Risk versus liability... Sad really.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Talking to folks about this the consensus is there will be a lot of new criminals once this is signed into law who could care less. In fact, screw HBAR's because they'll just buy what they want. Screw the HQL because again they'll just buy what they want from someone who will sell. Across state lines isn't an issue once you no longer care. Self defense etc. just got easier too. Risk versus liability... Sad really.

Never really thought about it but you're absolutely right Ranchero.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    It’s been six years since the 2013 fiasco. Too many reticent gun owners...the chickens have come home to roost.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.

And this is exactly how I see it too.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD

Where in Frederick county is it all Blue? I’m not doubting you, as Frederick used to be mostly red, but is now purple thanks to places like Urbana. They just continue to build and all the shitholes that ruined MoCo are moving Frederick county.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    These 8 folks with their name on this bill need looked into is my first thought. I bet there's a black face yearbook or similar impropriety associated with one of them or their friends, clients,intimate partner, former spouse
    "certain" business partner or whatever. Nobody is that clean,theirs something there, I'm sure.
    They are already sure the public at large is guilty of hiding some wrongdoing and they want to punish those for what they are afraid of most, the ability to trust themselves by not doing the right thing at some point or being able to control their own actions.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Well, we knew it was coming. The MGA is coming for us. I think they are emboldened by the losses conservatives took this year AND see the writing on the wall with redistricting. How can we be in such a bad place, yet on the precipice of something soooo needed?

IMO, I encourage the MGA to pass their laws AND take them further. Go ahead and ban HBARs AND call for a registration/confiscation. That is the only thing that is going to get some on "our side" to get off their asses. We have a few legislators on our side that are educated enough to be of help, but the majority are either self-serving or just knowledgable enough to hurt us.

Where is Governor Hogan on any of this? Not that it matters. The MGA have to power to override any veto and they will.

This is it! What will you do?

While what you are calling for will bring some of the ugliest behavior human beings can offer, I’m pro incinerationist myself. Gotta knock everyone right off that fence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom