• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Home now, had a great time, until, but lunch was great! Yes I had to stop for gas in westminster

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Possumman, thanks for the update. We just got in and was getting ready to pm you. You need anything, just let us know. Glad you made it back without issues. Did somebody ride back with you?

Update from Paul, nothing broken, just lots of pain.

I hope both of you heal up quickly.

It was truly amazing to watch everyone jump in and help, everyone handling different parts of the event. Local "first responders" were there fast and handled everything great. Don't know what else to say right now.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Well, I did enjoy the meetup and am glad no one was seriously injured.
    I am so glad that as a group everyone was spot on with things. Everyone immediately setup a perimeter and blocked the road, while also lending immediate attention to the fallen MDS riders. It could have so much worse.

Needless to say, I am game for another round of peaceful riding in the country again.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sometimes things just don't go as planned. It was nice to see how this group handled a bad situation and made it as palatable as possible. Glad to hear that everyone is going to be ok and grateful that the unfortunate event was not worse.

Looking forward to the next ride. Maybe we can still get it in this year if the weather cooperates.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Sometimes things just don't go as planned. It was nice to see how this group handled a bad situation and made it as palatable as possible. Glad to hear that everyone is going to be ok and grateful that the unfortunate event was not worse.

Looking forward to the next ride. Maybe we can still get it in this year if the weather cooperates.

I second that!

So glad everyone is doing ok! I didn't get to shake hands with everyone but what a nice group.
    Thanks Raineman for putting it together!

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Heres the only other pictures I took.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
      IMG_1356.jpg
      113.5 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_1359.jpg
      IMG_1359.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 224

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Awesome ride, thanks so much Raineman, glad Paul and Possuman are on the mend. Have pics and gopro footage, so can edit a little bit of video of the ride and post it. Have Some pics and video from the "incident" I can e-mail those involved if they need it, won't post them on the open forum though.

20171014_091154.jpg

Screenshot_20171014-172845.jpg

Screenshot_20171014-172820.jpg

Screenshot_20171014-172953.jpg

Last edited:

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Hey everyone,

It was nice to meet everyone today. I hope Paul & Possumman heal quickly and are able to get their bikes mended. Hopefully we can do another one of these soon! Here are a couple of pictures I took.

Attachments

• DSC01822.jpg
      DSC01822.jpg
      125 KB · Views: 221
    • DSC01823.jpg
      DSC01823.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 220
    • DSC01824.jpg
      DSC01824.jpg
      111.6 KB · Views: 216
    • DSC01825.jpg
      DSC01825.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 215
    • DSC01827.jpg
      DSC01827.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 220

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    Glad that there we no serious injuries. Always good to meet up with other good MDshooters folks. I echo the comments regarding that all were on the lookout when the time came and the professionalism of the Frederick County crew. Until next time:party29:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well that was fun, right up till that bridge.

After spending a little quality time at the Frederick Memorial Hospital I am please to report nothing is broken, just some "soft tissue" damage which I will be scheduling an MRI for early in the week. Thank you all for the well wishes.

I will say that the group yesterday, many of whom I had never met before, were absolutely fantastic in the way that they all pulled together and acted like this was a routine they had practiced for many times. It just goes to show the quality and the character of the members we have here.

I also want to thank Raineman, Drahken 99, THier and the others for showing up in the E/R in Frederick, you guys are awesome!

As others have said the Thurmont EMS and Frederick County Sheriff's Department were consummate professionals and handled the "transfer" of my EDC to Mrs. Stove instead of having me make a trip to the Sheriff's office to claim it.

When's the next ride?

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Man, that sucks. Thanks to night shift I slept yesterday but did get out this afternoon for a really nice ride other than dodging walnuts on the back roads. Hopefully the next one comes up on my day off.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well, certainly not until you and your bike are ready.

I'm a little (well...a lot) "gun shy" about heading up a ride right now.

Don't be, that was a great ride and certainly NOT your fault in any way shape or form. Shit happens.

We have definitely got to do this come spring time for sure.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Well, certainly not until you and your bike are ready.

I'm a little (well...a lot) "gun shy" about heading up a ride right now.

Dude, remember what you said before we left the park and ride, "everyone is responsible for themselves" this was a freak accident, nothing you were responsible for, 5 bikes made it across Bridge, before Stoneman and possum man, stuff happens.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks guys.

We can re-do this particular ride in the future. I think had we made it to lunch, it would have been a hoot, and even more of us would have had the chance to talk (and laugh).

Thanks to everyone who participated, and for understanding why we called it short. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Had a really good lunch, post Frederick Memorial, at the Red Robin with Mrs. & Mr. Drakhen99, THier, and my friends Cris & Sue.

Any suggestions for future group rides as far as "procedure and manageability" goes, is welcome.

Ummm...Stoveman...Hope you take post #139 in the spirit it was intended.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks guys.

We can re-do this particular ride in the future. I think had we made it to lunch, it would have been a hoot, and even more of us would have had the chance to talk (and laugh).

Thanks to everyone who participated, and for understanding why we called it short. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Had a really good lunch, post Frederick Memorial, at the Red Robin with Mrs. & Mr. Drakhen99, THier, and my friends Cris & Sue.

Any suggestions for future group rides as far as "procedure and manageability" goes, is welcome.

Ummm...Stoveman...Hope you take post #139 in the spirit it was intended.

I can laugh at myself, no worries.

We are about to see how good, or bad, Progressive is. Stay tuned....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom