• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    GOT THIS EMAIL FROM GILBERT!!
    UPON ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL & OTHER COMPETENT GOVERNMENTAL SOURCES, THE RANGE WILL BE OPEN FOR FIREARM SAFETY TRAINING AND USE.

THERE HAS BEEN A SURGE OF NEW FIREARM PURCHASES BY INDIVIDUALS THAT DO NOT HAVE ANY PRIOR FIREARM EXPERIENCE . THEREFORE, TRAINING IS DEEMED ESSENTIAL TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

That's good to hear. i hope AGC opens soon, i have an itching finger that needs triggering..

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    They are only here at this particular point in the great time-line of the universe because they are afraid that marauding bands of thieves will attempt to enter their homes and take their food and TP. Once their food and TP are widely available again they, the liberals, will revert to being what they are, gun grabbing, freedom hating control freaks.

This .

No quarter.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I agree, but tell that to those in the 2a community that continually alienate those who already own guns by acting childish and calling them "Fudds" or "Butters" I mean really, just grow up, most of these couch ridden operators can't even stand up without getting out of breath.

Truth be told, most of these assholes just bitch and moan on the computer hoping for FB likes and waiting for the next "civil war" to start while screaming "Molon Labia" into their laptops with chunks of hot pockets flying out of their yaps .....

An absolute SHIT turnout in Annapolis this year and the reply I hear is "I've done paid my dues" or "Show up for what?" But they have plenty of time to degrade other gun owners and pat each other on the back.

I admire taking the time to bring new gun owners into the 2a fold, I just hope that once they're here they're not treated like shit by the Meal Team Six of the 2a community.

Hell, we don't even treat existing gun owners half decent. We're our own worse enemy.

That poor turnout is probably partially due to this board banning those that are most active in organizing, and rewarding those that, for example, support background checks for long gun transfers.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    Agreed

This!

Take this opportunity to show gun haters how wrong they are about "how easy it is to get guns"

Use it as a way to get them interested in shooting

Take them to the range (as soon as ammo is affordable) and get them to enjoy it

Turn their hearts and minds

However in private....it's okay to enjoy the eff out of how confused these people are and how much they are doubting their tightly held dogma

This is spot on imo. As much as I want to gloat I think we need to build advocates even more. I have had many many people reaching out for recommendations for home defense this past month. My answer....until someone can educate you more go with a shorter barrel pump shotgun to protect you but also your neighbors if used

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I hate that this is going to be my first post on here because I dont want yall to get the idea (too soon) that I'm a heartless prick but I'm not sorry for any of these two legged viruses and may they get everything coming to them. I have absolutely no f%@$s to give them anymore. None.

I used to be able to accept ignorance as an excuse for a lot of things because ignorance is simply not knowing and that is easily fixed, but willful ignorance is something altogether different and simply inexcusable anymore especially when its applied to something as important as 2A and our safety and the safety of our families. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and they dont want to. All they know is all the ignorant morons just like them are screaming for no guns so what do they do, scream right along with them, to their own doom and destruction and they want us to come along for the ride. Well to hell with that.

I can almost promise you all that as soon as this event has been put in the history books and they are all fooled into feeling safe again they will go right back to their same BS and crying about people having guns, that the gubment will protect us. About the only way I'll help them is to show them how to hold their gun with the little hole in the end pointed at their eye, line it up real good and push on the trigger.

I'm new to marylandistan and fellas let me tell you, I dint think the shock is ever gonna wear off. This place is about like living on Mars different from West Virginia. It's truly a different world.

Again, Im not a complete a$$hole but all of these people who are now discovering how complex and convoluted it is getting a firearm can kiss my a$$. If any of them come to my house looking for help when it all goes up in flames, and it's going to, they will get nothing from me. Yes, I can be that uncaring and cold and heartless, my mother told me I was once. Out of 6 kids I guess that's saying something.

Honestly though, other than my thoughts on this, I'm generally a real nice guy. I just cant bring myself to extend the olive branch to these people any longer, they're too stupid to be helped and like I've already said, when this is over they're gonna go right back to trying to destroy our rights. They havent had a change of heart, or mind, they were just scared.

I agree with your position. Some few may actually have their eyes opened, but most will revert.

I'd suggest that breaking your text block into smaller chunks makes it a lot easier to read. I took the liberty to do that, I hope you don't mind.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Wonder how the pawn shops are doing around town? In Marylinistan they only deal in long guns. Going to have to check out the few in Fredneck.

Is this something new? several pawn shops used to sell handguns.Baltimores
    's Best, A1 and Bel Air Pawn and gun come to mind.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It reminds me of Y2K. People asked me why I needed more then 1. ThenY2K hit and they were asking to borrow one. My response Nah!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I personally received a few calls from neighbors/acquaintances about getting their first gun purchases. I was glad to help them out. Kind of reminded me how I got started back in the day and everyone has to start somewhere. Pay it forward and we'll only get stronger.

My neighbor called me and told me that she and her female coworker wanted to go last Sat and buy handguns and were looking for advice. Well, I explained it all to her and she was WTF. Now in fairness she is all in on Trump but had mentioned in the past that she was for gun control, which I didn't bring up. Told her shot gun it is for now, and told her I would assist in getting info for her HQL class etc. I think I might have woke her up.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Koreans did god until the Nat Guard came in and made them leave, and they said they have it, and then they got looted.

On a more local note, I wasn't in Baltimore for the 68 riots but in 73 I was working for a well known Italian restaurant in Towson and I asked the owner how his dad and friends made out in Little Italy being across the street from the projects. He told me his father and other owners had dozens of guys on the roof tops locked and loaded with rifles and shotguns and that not one hood rat ever crossed that street. Instead they went up to Lombard St and burned Jewish delis and businesses.
    Korean business owners from the city were buying shotguns left and right in my LGS the last 2 weeks.They don't F around or hesitate.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Balt County Police told my LGS to shutdown there range, worried about suicides. And restricted their show room hours, but did deem them an essential business.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I agree, but tell that to those in the 2a community that continually alienate those who already own guns by acting childish and calling them "Fudds" or "Butters" I mean really, just grow up, most of these couch ridden operators can't even stand up without getting out of breath.

Truth be told, most of these assholes just bitch and moan on the computer hoping for FB likes and waiting for the next "civil war" to start while screaming "Molon Labia" into their laptops with chunks of hot pockets flying out of their yaps .....

An absolute SHIT turnout in Annapolis this year and the reply I hear is "I've done paid my dues" or "Show up for what?" But they have plenty of time to degrade other gun owners and pat each other on the back.

I admire taking the time to bring new gun owners into the 2a fold, I just hope that once they're here they're not treated like shit by the Meal Team Six of the 2a community.

Hell, we don't even treat existing gun owners half decent. We're our own worse enemy.

preach it

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    And that is the problem with most liberals they dont think about it until it effects tehm like their soft on crime policies. You put most white liberals who live in white picket fence areas that are lilly white think all this soft on crime stuff is a great thing, but you have the crime start coming to them and they will get so tough on crime again its pathetic.

I would hope the supreme court would help but considering they just said illegals have all kinds of rights to fight deportation ( they are here illegally what is there to fight) I just dont get it

:thumbsup::lol:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a ton of guns, but very few I'm willing to/can lend out. Handguns are a no go for lending to people. Most of my shotguns are higher grade, so nobody is getting any of those. I have a lot of rifles in big game calibers. The .375 H&H mag or .338 Win Mag is hell on deer, but not a good HD choice. Not to mention, I'm not lending out safari grade Brownings. SBR's....nope. I guess I have a couple .22 bolt guns I could lend people.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom