• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Anyone going to the membership meeting tonight from 7:30-8:30?
    I'm going to check it out, it's the closest range to me.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Filled out to app last night and wrote a check. I go back next month for orientation and to be voted in. Looking forward to becoming a member.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Found out about the meeting on my way home from work yesterday and was able to sneak in shortly after it started. I did not fill out the application as of yet, but plan on getting the orientation and first reading done next month. Spent a bit of time afterwards on the range. Was a bit chilly, but didn't have a lot of people smothering either :)

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm a member there; been for years. It is a fantastic club with a lot of friendly folks, and many families too. Great youth programs for air rifle, archery, and 22 rifle. Become a voting member and you can hunt the property too.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    There's a nice indoor archery range, as well as a large outdoor range with permanent targets in 5-yard increments from 20 to 75 yards. There's a 3D hunting course/trail too.

Far as firearms go:

- No shotguns

- The only rifles allowed on the outdoor shooting range are 22s. No rifle-caliber pistols, and no pistol-caliber rifles. This rule is in effect because of range proximity to farms, etc. Even though the range has a large berm and overhead baffles to keep all lead inside the range, a county waiver was required to allow 22 rifles.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    There's a nice indoor archery range, as well as a large outdoor range with permanent targets in 5-yard increments from 20 to 75 yards. There's a 3D hunting course/trail too.

Far as firearms go:

- No shotguns

- The only rifles allowed on the outdoor shooting range are 22s. No rifle-caliber pistols, and no pistol-caliber rifles. This rule is in effect because of range proximity to farms, etc. Even though the range has a large berm and overhead baffles to keep all lead inside the range, a county waiver was required to allow 22 rifles.

Never seen a rule saying no rifle caliber pistols.
    Please show me.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    mxrider and tattoocrab are right. Except for .22 LR, no pistol-caliber rifles and no rifle-caliber pistols are allowed.

That's interesting...
    I've been a member for years and have never heard such a thing.
    My rules said the only rifle allowed on the property was .22 rimfire, which would include .22 magnum (I asked at orientation) but I could shoot any pistol.
    I know of a handful of AR pistols that have been shot there in the past and probably will be again.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I guess I got to stop by next month then and check things out. I mainly want to shoot my bow there.
    They have a great indoor range for archery, leagues on Tuesday nights all winter long, 3D shoots, a 14 target field archery range and practice range to 80yds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom