What's the worst thing you found in your food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    I can not decide between a stranger's hair or bugs.
    JB

PAInterloper

Apr 24, 2018
    Band Aid in a takeout Deli Salad. Right on top! They refunded whole Family Dinner at $56.00, but haven’t gone back.

In my home state of Pennsylvania, persons preparing ready to eat food are required by health laws to wear gloves.

I assume it is no different in Maryland. If I am correct, persons making salads, sandwiches or other things that don't have to be heated or cooked, SHOULD be wearing gloves and IF they did, you probably wouldn't have found a Band-Aid

That means the restaurant where you bought your take-out salad isn't following basic health safety protocols which is all the more reason to stay away!!

They probably don't wash their hands either... :shocked4:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    As a teenager back in in the day, I remember opening up a new box of raisin bran. In the first bowl, a fair number of the "raisins" were actually small dried up beetles. Glad I noticed that before having a bite. In reality, it's just a bit of extra protein, but still not appetizing. :puke2:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I found a cigarette butt in my won ton soup

Restaurant didn't care or want to do anything about it. Reported it to health dept next day.. They were shut down for 3 days

giphy.gif

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    In my home state of Pennsylvania, persons preparing ready to eat food are required by health laws to wear gloves.

I assume it is no different in Maryland. If I am correct, persons making salads, sandwiches or other things that don't have to be heated or cooked, SHOULD be wearing gloves and IF they did, you probably wouldn't have found a Band-Aid

That means the restaurant where you bought your take-out salad isn't following basic health safety protocols which is all the more reason to stay away!!

They probably don't wash their hands either... :shocked4:

Sometimes its better not knowing

urbantchr

Jun 22, 2021
    I try not to look too closely at my food for all of the reasons above, but a can of soup went clunk when I poured it into the pan. It was a British penny. Kinda cool actually

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Years ago at my wife's office Christmas party at Veras White Sands in Lusby one of her coworkers was the first at the buffet.

Her first scoop into the Mac & Cheese brought up a disposable glove that was cooked into the Mac & Cheese.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    My wife and I went to a local Green Turtle restaurant for dinner. I ordered beer battered fried chicken with sides. Some time later server came to our table with our ordered dinners and set them before us. The crispy fried chicken looked very savory, and without much other thought I cutoff a bite of the chicken, dipped it in some spicy sauce and popped it into my mouth. At first it tasted yummy, but then, as I chewed, my brain was telling me that something wasn't quite right with what I was chewing.

I discretely put the partially chewed bite into my napkin and began scrutinizing the food. As I poked through it, it appeared to me to be raw in the middle. I then cut into and looked at all of the pieces on my plate, and found that all of them were raw in the middle. Apparently, the cook didn't leave the chicken in the fryer or fry pan long enough.

That so turned my stomach that I lost my hunger for dinner--so, I just watched my wife eat her dinner, and spent the time visiting about other topics.

I was at a new diner about a month ago. They were having fried chicken problems also, they ended up bringing one customers second batch of chicken out with a thermometer in it to prove it was done. The other customer just said no thanks.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Years ago at my wife's office Christmas party at Veras White Sands in Lusby one of her coworkers was the first at the buffet.

Her first scoop into the Mac & Cheese brought up a disposable glove that was cooked into the Mac & Cheese.

Better the first scoop than the last scoop!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Diner: "Waiter, what's that fly doing in my soup?"

Waiter: "I think it's the backstroke, sir."

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I was excited about it as soon as the sign went up. Love pho. When my buddy asked to meet them there. I jumped at the chance.

Don't see myself darkening that doorway again....

I got this from #2 son the other night.
    Thankfully they went to An Loi but I didn’t find out until they were done eating.
    Now he’s been warned.

I might not eat pho in a good while. This thread is haunting me.

Attachments

• 774ADD0B-D254-4D89-B484-3630D6775680.jpeg
      774ADD0B-D254-4D89-B484-3630D6775680.jpeg
      42.4 KB · Views: 127

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I got this from #2 son the other night.
    Thankfully they went to An Loi but I didn’t find out until they were done eating.
    Now he’s been warned.

I might not eat pho in a good while. This thread is haunting me.

Sorry to Phoke up your Pho man! I'm taking a break too.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    First, the grossest thing I didn't eat:

Took daughter #2 to Crisfield's for some oysters, must have been over 30 years ago. Squeezed lemon juice onto my raw oysters; some sort of millipede squirmed out from beneath the oyster, acting pretty offended. I didn't eat it.

Sure, I ate the oysters, but it did give me pause.

Then on to the gross, eaten.
    I was maybe 14 yrs old, in the kitchen of a friend. His mother had bought a big bag of cherries, and we were attacking them with, yes, gusto. They were locally grown, and probably not sprayed, because I noticed many had little holes in them. But they were really good.

My friend bit into one - always a mistake, they should be popped whole into the piehole - and a little white worm was seen wiggling out of the half cherry he held. He dared me to eat it. Since I was pretty certain I'd already consumed a number of the critter's kin, I popped it into my mouth, chewed and swallowed.

And I lived to write about it!

Brian Plummer's book about hunting with ferrets has a chapter where he describes ratting in a maggot farm; apparently in England they raise maggots as bait for fisherman. The scene was pretty gross. Even Plummer was taken aback a bit when he described how the fisherman would pop a maggot into his mouth to warm it up before baiting his hook.

But you know how it goes: fish eat worms, we eat fish, worms eat us. It's the Circle of Life.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I found a strand of hair today in the Hormel corned beef hash that I had for breakfast. Was outside cooking it on the tailgate of my truck over a single burner propane stove. Wife hates the smell of it cooking, so I go outside with it. She'd hate it more if I told her what I found in it this morning. I just plucked the hair out and kept frying it up in the pan. And ate it afterwards.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    A small bone in a burger while at a friends house for a cookout. They were the frozen pre-made burgers. It was the end of a small femur.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I once spat out an oyster back into the shell after figuring out in a split second that it was very bad. I set it on the side of my plate.

My friend's father walked through the kitchen, said "Yum Oysters".......grabbed the nasty oyster and downed it before anyone could stop him.
    Didn't say anything or miss a step....
    The thought of that turns my stomach, 20 years later....

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I once spat out an oyster back into the shell after figuring out in a split second that it was very bad. I set it on the side of my plate.

My friend's father walked through the kitchen, said "Yum Oysters".......grabbed the nasty oyster and downed it before anyone could stop him.
    Didn't say anything or miss a step....
    The thought of that turns my stomach, 20 years later....

:lol2:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I was reminded of another story the other day, but this wasn't about what was IN the food, but what WASN'T.

My FIL and his wife were eating at a Korean place in Catonsville. He got a seafood-something dish, and couldn't finish it. He asked for a To-Go bag. They took his plate and boxed up the rest of his meal, and they left.

The next day when he went to eat his leftovers, he realized that all of the seafood that was left had been picked out...who knows where it ended up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guest123

Latest threads

Top Bottom