• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here's the story:

The original Red Flag Bill (HB1302) drafted by the gun-hating ladies --Montgomery County Del. Kathleen Dumais and Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence lobbyist Alice Wilkerson-- was designed to go after ADULT Maryand firearm owners. It was filed early in the MGA session.

But then the Parkland school shooting happened.

After the Parkland school shooting erupted, Gov. Hogan and his team recognized the Democrat's HB1302 Red Flag Bill was a scheme that only went after adult Maryland firearm owners, so Gov. Hogan attempted to introduce a bill ("Safe Schools Act of 2018") through specified channels (see below) to create a program SPECIFICALLY to try to detect potentially violent teens--teens who might have access to firearms, by relying the watchfulness of those close to the teens.

Instead, the Democraps hijacked his "Safe Schools Act" initiative and renamed it the "Maryland Safe to Learn" act.

Now, with a Democrat title and sponsor, they rammed it through the MGA to deprive Gov. Hogan of credit for ACTUALLY dealing with the only Red Flag issue that means anything: potential teen school shooters.

Here, below, is the research from Deep Lurker, who drilled down into the MGA records to piece together this story of the Democrap double-cross:

After the Parkland shooting on 2/14/18 Hogan apparently realized that the Democrat's HB 1302 Red Flag Bill did not address red flag/mass shootings in schools, so he proposed the "Safe Schools Act of 2018" (SB 1257). (The Parkland school shooting occurred between the first reading on 2/9 for HB 1302, and the HJC hearing on 3/1)

Here is the history on Hogan's (failed) bill:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=03&id=Sb1257&tab=subject3&ys=2018RS

This Hogan bill received a first reading in the Senate on 3/7/2018 but it was a LATE bill (deadline to submit was 3/5) so it was referred to the Rules Committee where it was referred next to a joint committee in the Senate; it was given a hearing date of 3/15, but then that hearing was canceled; it was referred a third time to a different joint committee, apparently more stalling because it was Hogan's bill and he was stealing the thunder of the Democrats.

(Note: Hogan cannot directly propose his own bills, so his own bills are submitted in the name of the speaker of the House, and in the name of the president of the Senate.)

His bill was again given a hearing date again of 3/15, however it apparently never left the joint Senate committee -- no vote there, so apparently it was not ever heard.

Meanwhile, Democrats, as they always do, took Hogan's own bill SB 1257 ("Safe Schools Act of 2018") and cannibalized it to remake it into their own bill, now with a Democrat sponsor (Sen. Klausmeier) and re-named that bill as the "Maryland Safe to Learn Act of 2018" (SB 1265).

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=03&id=SB1265&tab=subject3&ys=2018RS

This Democrat bill received a first reading in the Senate rules committee on 3/13 (two days before Hogan's bill was "scheduled" to be heard) was sent to the budget and taxation committee on 3/16, received a hearing on 3/22, was reported out on 4/4, received BOTH a second AND a third reading in the Senate on the SAME calendar day 4/5 (due to a special motion by Democrat Senator Ferguson) and passed on third reading there 44-0 that same day.

Next, this same bill then FLEW through the House (including a hearing in Ways and Means) in only FOUR calendar days and received the third reading in the House and passed the House on a vote of 138-0.

The problem is that Hogan was no doubt furious that they screwed him over by stealing and amending his red flag/internal school staffer bill, but adding insult to injury is that Republican Sen. Waugh became the third sponsor of this new Democrat bill (after chief sponsor Katherine Klausmeier and Mike Miller) which is why Hogan came out last week and angrily told the press that he was going to support Waugh's Republican opponent in Waugh's primary because Waugh had ****ed him over on so many votes and, as Hogan put it, voted just like any other Democrat against him on this and some veto overrides:

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0418/hogan-endorses-bailey-for-state-senate-.html

I missed all this because these were both late bills that were not routed through either the House or Senate judiciary committees, instead they were either killed (Hogan's) or fast-tracked (Klausmeier's) through other joint committees in a big hurry.

I don't know exactly what it means that Hogan spotted the lack of attention to red flag/mass shootings in schools, evidently tried to propose an internal staff-only evaluation/red flag bill for schools, evidently tried to fill the gap for teens left out by HB 1302, but his bill idea was hijacked and renamed to benefit the Democrats, which, by the way, every single Republican also voted for, so the vote was unanimous in BOTH chambers for the Democrat's "Maryland Safe to Learn Act of 2018."

Democrats were the dirty double-crosser's again; Republicans were afraid to vote against it.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Good dig.

What surprises me is we seldom if ever hear a peep from the Governor about anything. It's like he doesn't exist and certainly doesn't know how to use his position to advance any agenda. O-moron was always in the news. Now crickets and I can't think it's all the media's fault.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What does this all mean?

It suggests that Gov. Hogan can veto the terribly flawed HB1302 Red Flag Bill because the "Maryland Safe To Learn" Act is now doing the heavy lifting for the only Red Flag that means anything after Parkland: potentially violent teens!

When it comes to adult firearm owners, current regulations and laws ALREADY have a remedy for those who are dangerously mental ill (Health General Title 10), or those who are criminal dangerous (call 911 to report actual threats).

Message Gov. Hogan to thank him for what he did to create his "Maryland Safe Schools" bill to get at the REAL Red Flag issue, and to VETO the unlawful schemes that are the basis for the Democrat's disgraceful Red Flag HB1302!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Good dig.

What surprises me is we seldom if ever hear a peep from the Governor about anything. It's like he doesn't exist and certainly doesn't know how to use his position to advance any agenda. O-moron was always in the news. Now crickets and I can't think it's all the media's fault.

Last thing I'd consider Hogan being is vain or pretentious. His public persona seems mild mannered to me. If he gets agitated, it's quick then over. I see a bunch of pens, no red ones.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Magic 8 Ballers, notwithstanding...

Join us, if you can, tonight at 7pm at Lawyer's Mall to continue the Patriot Picket under the Governor's windows. We have plenty of signs.

And this bonus--the following folks can pick up their Patriot Picket holsters from me tonight:

Stoveman (2)
    Notorious AOB
    Gryphon
    BoothDoc

Attachments

• 41C2C28E-3375-4DC0-A7F8-192DF2BAA56D.jpg
      41C2C28E-3375-4DC0-A7F8-192DF2BAA56D.jpg
      129 KB · Views: 1,387

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Last thing I'd consider Hogan being is vain or pretentious. His public persona seems mild mannered to me. If he gets agitated, it's quick then over. I see a bunch of pens, no red ones.

“Mild mannered”?

In your haste to drop another of your “Stay Positive” bouquets you seemed to have skipperked past the second link in the OP where it says “baynet”. Don’t be in such a hurry, Smart Girl!

Baynet: Not my opinion, just facts about “mild-mannered” Gov. Hogan publicly and seriously going after someone who crossed him.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Here's the story:

The original Red Flag Bill (HB1302) drafted by the gun-hating ladies --Montgomery County Del. Kathleen Dumais and Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence lobbyist Alice Wilkerson-- was designed to go after ADULT Maryand firearm owners. It was filed early in the MGA session.

But then the Parkland school shooting happened.

After the Parkland school shooting erupted, Gov. Hogan and his team recognized the Democrat's HB1302 Red Flag Bill was a scheme that only went after adult Maryland firearm owners, so Gov. Hogan attempted to introduce a bill ("Safe Schools Act of 2018") through specified channels (see below) to create a program SPECIFICALLY to try to detect potentially violent teens--teens who might have access to firearms, by relying the watchfulness of those close to the teens.

Instead, the Democraps hijacked his "Safe Schools Act" initiative and renamed it the "Maryland Safe to Learn" act.

Now, with a Democrat title and sponsor, they rammed it through the MGA to deprive Gov. Hogan of credit for ACTUALLY dealing with the only Red Flag issue that means anything: potential teen school shooters.

Here, below, is the research from Deep Lurker, who drilled down into the MGA records to piece together this story of the Democrap double-cross:

May I use this info when contacting Steve Waugh, who as of right now wont be getting the check I was intending on sending him?

What’s his opponents 2a stance?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    “Mild mannered”?

In your haste to drop another of your “Stay Positive” bouquets you seemed to have skipperked past the second link in the OP where it says “baynet”. Don’t be in such a hurry, Smart Girl!

Baynet: Not my opinion, just facts about “mild-mannered” Gov. Hogan publicly and seriously going after someone who crossed him.

What you infer from posts or articles in your exclusive amusement park are often fascinating.

I read the Baynet. Endorsing an opponent because the incumbant votes against him (Hogan) hardly comes off as WWWIII to me, or a ding on the mild mannered public persona I penned. Oh yes but I'm the dramatic one.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Gov. Hogan's bill-signing and veto habits, and his press releases, have "evolved" since he has been in office.

Bottom line, the Governor used to publicize that he was signing a ton of bills, now not so much.

Now, prior to a bill signing, he only publicizes a select set of bills to garner more support among Democrats. (see accounts below). Then after a bill signing, he releases another press release announcing the impressive NUMBER of bills that he just signed to demonstrate his hands-on management to the wider electorate.

He even used to veto bills early in his administration but understandably became disinclined because the MGA's veto overrides were, of course, an affront to the powers of MD's Chief Executive.

The Red Flag Bill, though, was not even legally presented to the Governor as of last week. The MGA has 20 days to "present" a bill, and then the Governor has another 30 days to sign it, veto, or let it automatically become law.

That timeline means the Red Flag bill could be in limbo all the way to May 28th, which is just weeks before the late June Primaries. If Gov. Hogan waits until the last week of May to veto it, the chances of the Democrats calling their people back to Annapolis to override the veto is much reduced because it would cut into their legislator's campaigning time.

That, and with only ONE issue on the table for a recalled General Assembly--a Red Flag bill--the Democrats will not be able to so easily obscure the unlawful aspects of HB1302 in the glare of the press focus on this one awful scheme.

We have seen courageous reporting from The Daily Record and MarylandMatters.org. And don't forget, our Patriot Picket press release got the Baltimore Sun out for the Rally Against The Red Flag recently--and our side received fair coverage.

Here is Deep Lurker's rundown on Governor Hogan's bill-signing habits:

PRESS RELEASES ABOUT GOV. HOGAN'S BILL-SIGNINGS:

At his very first bill signing ceremony in 2015, Governor Hogan signed 121 bills listed on 39 .pdf pages.

His second 2015 bill signing ceremony had 60 PDF pages of bills (I didn't count them), signed on the morning of May 12, 2015.

Hogan's third and last 2015 bill signing, the same day, May 12, 2015 (in the afternoon), listed bills to be signed on 52 more .pdf pages (I didn't count them either).

Contrast this with his very first bill signing ceremony this year: Governor Hogan signed 114 bills that day but he only issued a bill-signing press release for TWO bills, both for Democrat chief sponsors. One bill for Sen. Feldman, another for Del. Dumais; both legislators represent District 15 in Montgomery County.

Before his second bill-signing this year, Hogan sent out a press release touting only seven bills of the many he was signing; one bill was his own bill submitted through President Miller to the Senate, two bills were submitted by legislative services as "curative/corrective" bills. The three remaining bills all had Democrat chief sponsors.

On his third bill signing this year, Hogan signed nine bills, all for Democrat chief sponsors, including Del. Mike Busch himself.

VETOS:

Hogan posted only one press release (in 2016) listing MGA bills he vetoed; only five bills are listed. The veto of bills was never mentioned again, before or since, on the Governor Hogan's "Bill Signing" pages on his website.

THE HISTORY OF THE GOVERNOR'S GENERIC PRESS RELEASES:

Roughly speaking, during the 2018 MGA session Governor Hogan posted press releases on his website almost daily, on weekdays.

Each few times each month it was 3 to 4 days between press releases because this interval included a weekend. (Hogan did not post on weekend days except once, remembering Sen. Wayne Norman on Sunday March 4 after Norman's passing.)

About once a month since January, the interval between press releases was as long as 7 days; these intervals also included a weekend).

This year, on February 21, Hogan issued four press releases in just one day.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What you infer from posts or articles in your exclusive amusement park are often fascinating.

I read the Baynet. Endorsing an opponent because the incumbant votes against him (Hogan) hardly comes off as WWWIII to me, or a ding on the mild mannered public persona I penned. Oh yes but I'm the dramatic one.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?...

Pretty busy working alongside those who never give up, never surrender.

Not sure what you getting at. Did you....uh...want us to....quit?

Hey, we can talk at the Pig Roast!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm sorry, what were you saying?...

Pretty busy working alongside those who never give up, never surrender.

Not sure what you getting at. Did you....uh...want us to....quit?

Hey, we can talk at the Pig Roast!

No

Yes, that would be nice.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    May I use this info when contacting Steve Waugh, who as of right now wont be getting the check I was intending on sending him?

What’s his opponents 2a stance?

Have not done that research, 44man, but if you can dig it up for us, that would be fabulous.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I just received this from Senator Justin Ready!

"Monday, May 14th - District 5 Team Hosts Reception With Governor Hogan:

Please join Delegates Susan Krebs, April Rose, Haven Shoemaker and me on Monday, May 14th, from 6-8pm for a reception with Governor Hogan at the Inn at Roop's Mill in Westminster. Tickets are $75 per person/$125 per couple and there are sponsorship available as well.

This is a fundraiser for our team's joint re-election effort. The 2018 Republican primary is just ten weeks away. My team and I want to continue fighting for real, conservative change in Maryland and working to support Governor Hogan's agenda for tax relief, economic growth, and redistricting reform. "

Not for seats but a nice welcome party with signs? Maybe?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Have not done that research, 44man, but if you can dig it up for us, that would be fabulous.

I have sent him an email asking about his stance on the 2a and ccw and that I am willing to donate if his beliefs match mine and that I would like to speak with him

Let’s see what happens

FYI he’s hosting a fundraiser down here with the governor attending Friday I believe

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Folks like the skipster don’t show at public events...their boldness is exclusively from behind the keyboard...

Folks like that show up from time to time, never to hold a sign or engage a passerby in dialogue, but to observe and gather more negatives. If a rally claimed to have had 500 in attendance they can say "Well I was there and it only looked like 450" and so on and so on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom