• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I've had one of these since last summer but have never fired 22WM out of it.

Opinions?

I saw a short vid of someone shooting a HP Critical defense bullet out of a Ruger LCR and the bullet looked pretty wicked after they took it out of the gel.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I've had one of these since last summer but have never fired 22WM out of it.

Opinions?

I saw a short vid of someone shooting a HP Critical defense bullet out of a Ruger LCR and the bullet looked pretty wicked after they took it out of the gel.

I was under the impression that shooting 22WM required a different cylinder. Could be wrong though.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I just got one but have yet to fire the 22WMR out of it. Pretty cool pistol and accuracy is not bad for a inexpensive gun. I have the version with adjustable front sight.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have it with both cylinders. 22 mag is a different experience to include a pretty big fireball and an empty feeling in your pocket for $13/box rimfire ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Are you inquiring about .22WMR from a full size revolver, or about Heritage revolvers ?

I really like .22WMR from full size bbls ( 4.75-6.5in). It lets the ctg reach its potential, ie 40ge @ 1300-1400fps. You don't need the trick bullets with these. At these velocity levels, old school 40gr jhp give optimal performance. W-W in particular, but in recent years I take whatever I find, and reserve the stash of W-W for actual hunting.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    Got one last summer and have used the magnum cylinder once and ran a small box through it. It was fun and quite loud. But I'm not willing to pay more than twice the cost of 22lr for plinking purposes very often. Although as I write this, I see prices have come down a bit. Months ago it was 30 cents + per round and now I'm seeing it closer to 20 cents.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Pick up a Heritage Rough Rider 22LR/22WMR Pistol couple years back from an IP under $200 just because the wife want to shoot a revolver but wasn’t a fan of my 45.

Shot both the 22lr and the 22WMR rounds she liked the 22LR as the 22WMR had just a bit more kick and report.

The extra cost of the 22WMR is not worth that little extra power unless you just feel you got to have it.

The 22WMR cylinder has had 50 rounds through it where the 22Lr had 500-600 still shoots fine.

It does get to be a little hard to eject spend rounds after 50 round due to the powder residue 22Lm is a dirty round to shoot but fun. :thumbsup:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I have the combo model with the 4 3/4" barrel. I have heard about the factory blade sight being off. I must have gotten lucky as mine is dead on @ 10 yards with both 22LR and 22 WMR. Its really a fun gun to shoot and its a big difference shooting the 22 mags. Its quite a bit louder. I did have a problem with mine from the factory as the 22 mag cylinder would not lock up properly. Heritage made it right by sending me a new one that worked just fine. A friend has the 6" model and did not have the 22 mag cylinder. The cylinder that did not work in mine worked just fine in his so he ended up with a free 22 mag cylinder. It's a $200 wheel gun, no more no less. JMHO.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's more than a little more power. 3-400fps increase, double or more of ft lb . You may well feel the difference for plinking isn't worth the expense, muzzle blast, or the hassle of finding the ammo, but the power is there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Depending on b/c gap, etc , a 6in -ish WMR revolver will be equiv to 10% more power as .22lr from full length rifle.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I have one and while I like the gun, it shoots way off point of aim (like 4 inches at 10 yards), so I tend not to take it out much unless I feel like playing Kentucky windage. Needs a taller front sight, but on a $200 gun, why even mess with it.

Mine is worse than that, probably about a foot high at 15 yards. No fun to shoot if you can't hit something right in front of you, and terrible to use as a training tool, which is why I got it.

In my case, I feel it was wasted money. Have not used the Mag. cylinder, not gonna waste my time.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Mine is worse than that, probably about a foot high at 15 yards. No fun to shoot if you can't hit something right in front of you, and terrible to use as a training tool, which is why I got it.

In my case, I feel it was wasted money. Have not used the Mag. cylinder, not gonna waste my time.

Mine is pretty accurate. I was able to hit the round iron targets they had set up at my local range from about 15 yards or so with 22LR.

Maybe you should contact the company about your gun.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a PSA for people who are not SA revolver conversant:

The firmness of your grip (grasp) can have significant effect on POI .

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I took mine to the range last night and was making head shots at 25 yards with 22LR. I got the model with adjustable sites. It seems to be a straight shooter to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    " I really like .22WMR from full size bbls ( 4.75-6.5in). It lets the ctg reach its potential, ie 40ge @ 1300-1400fps. You don't need the trick bullets with these. At these velocity levels, old school 40gr jhp give optimal performance

That is the beauty of magnum revolvers. Similar ballistics with power changes in the cartidge. 22 Mag. 30 Carbine, 327 Fed, 357, 41, 44, , 45 "Ruger" loads, 45 Casull (bigger "improvement" here). Move up and down the cartidge scale to match the cartidge to the need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom