• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    In case anyone was wondering what Arlington Country says in response to a request to consider a 2A sanctuary resolution.

Dear XXXXXXX,

On behalf of the County Board, I am responding to your request that the Board consider adopting a resolution declaring Arlington a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

My colleagues and I agree that there is no threat to the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth, and no legislation contemplated either by the Virginia General Assembly or the United States Congress that could have the effect of infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms and therefore, no need to consider such a resolution.

In fact, the Board is poised to adopt a 2020 General Assembly Legislative Package this month that includes the following among our legislative priorities:

Gun Safety Measures:

Enact Red Flag, or Extreme Risk Protection Order Laws, creating a legal process for the temporary removal of firearms from individuals deemed to pose an imminent risk of violence to themselves or others

Adopt universal background checks for all gun buyers

Reinstate one-gun-a-month law – limiting handgun purchases to one gun a month

Ban sales of bump stocks, assault weapons, and armor piercing ammunition

Permit local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms on property owned or leased by the locality

We believe the adoption of such measures would reflect the desire of the majority of Arlingtonians, Virginians and Americans to see federal and state government adopt sensible gun safety measures.

Sincerely,

Christian Dorsey, Chair

Arlington County Board

**includes this link - https://arlington.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=3689&meta_id=190319

And who is it that defines what an “assault weapon” is? To some snowflakes it’s any evil gun and to others it’s a “weapon of war”.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Commonwealth of Virginia would be much better off if most of NOVA was annexed, they are closer to MD than the rest of VA. fred55

A nice thought, which could also couple with taking that area of NoVa along with DC into MD.

However, there's a lot of taxable income and property in NoVa, and the state would not easily give it up. Of course there are other reasons as well, but the bottom line is, well, the bottom line.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    It was 31 earlier this evening.

I’m sitting in the Fairfax County board meeting. Over 300 people in the room wearing Orange Guns Save Lives stickers. We are starting to speak now.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The messaging has clearly gone out to the antis that it's "scared white people" pushing this. That talking point is popping everywhere on social media.

If you are in Facebook, the Staunton Newsleader is being swamped with anti gun racists who apparently can call pro gun commenters klansmen with impunity.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The messaging has clearly gone out to the antis that it's "scared white people" pushing this. That talking point is popping everywhere on social media.

If you are in Facebook, the Staunton Newsleader is being swamped with anti gun racists who apparently can call pro gun commenters klansmen with impunity.

i couldn't find anything other then some are peed off because of the meeting being moved to a school that will make it gun free zone no carry

Feb 28, 2013
    And who is it that defines what an “assault weapon” is? To some snowflakes it’s any evil gun and to others it’s a “weapon of war”.

Somewheres A bunch of yahoos is watchin the complete works of Schwarzenegger and Stallone to learn what an “assault weppin” is.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    i couldn't find anything other then some are peed off because of the meeting being moved to a school that will make it gun free zone no carry

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.20.35 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.20.35 PM.png
      13 KB · Views: 313

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Christian Dorsey is a typical smug libtard who apparently wishes to flaunt his disregard for his "subjects" God given rights.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sleeping giant hears the alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member