View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1911 View Post
When i was stationed at Andrews AFB the only range there was 25m. We zeroed our rifles on a silhoutte that represented a human torso at 300m. When we went down to AP hill we shot pop up targets out to 300m with no further sight in needed. Im sure we wernt hitting poa on the pop ups but it was close enough everbody still qualified and most shot expert.
The military 25/300 meter zero actually has one more bit to it. While zeroing at 25m we turned the rear elevation knob from 8/3 (or 6/3 for an m4), to 8/3 +1 , then zeroed at 25 meters, and set the knob back to 8/3 for the 300 meter range.

I don't remember how much MOA that one click of the rear elevation knob is though, and that was for M16A2 (20 inch barrel with fixed handle 8/3 elevation knob).

and apparently reading around on the internet some, there's different MOA adjustments for that elevation knob on AR-15's (outside of the obvious difference an m16 length rifle compared to the shorter m4 length rifle presents).

Been wishing for a while i'd got a 20in AR15 instead of this carbon 15 i have (about 16 inch with the shorter sight radius, and whatever genius at bushmaster it was that decided to put a raised rail on the upper receiver. Because of that there's no room for an elevation knob... should have got a different rifle lol... because there is no elevation knob i've really no idea how to zero the rifle for 200 or 300, and the shorter barrel changes the trajectory compared to what i already know.)
tmcxba is offline   Reply With Quote