• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    off topic a bit but here goes
    when MD becomes shall issue will it be for guns only registered thru the MSP check
    or do you think we could carry c&r guns like the cz82 or the p64

I don't think I've ever heard of a civilian CCW only being valid for certain handguns and not others. Unlike say, some law enforcement positions where you have to 'qualify' with the weapon(s) you carry, I think any civilian with a permit can carry anything they please (within the guidelines, e.g. handguns only, no sawed off shotguns or RPGs)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    off topic a bit but here goes
    when MD becomes shall issue will it be for guns only registered thru the MSP check
    or do you think we could carry c&r guns like the cz82 or the p64

I think they will make every policy they can that restricts our rights and increases their intrusiveness into our personal lives.

Seriously, why let a little court ruling stop them?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't think I've ever heard of a civilian CCW only being valid for certain handguns and not others.

I'm pretty sure that some states, not MD, require you to carry the handgun that you qualified for your permit with. I could be wrong and am, frankly, not as well read on this topic as I would like.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm pretty sure that some states, not MD, require you to carry the handgun that you qualified for your permit with. I could be wrong and am, frankly, not as well read on this topic as I would like.

NV has something like that. You need to qualify with each gun that you would theoretically want to carry.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NV has something like that. You need to qualify with each gun that you would theoretically want to carry.

Absolutely true Boondock. I have a NV permit and I had to bring both my Glocks with me to Vegas for my live fire test even though the manual of arms is identical. (G22 and G30) I rented a Kimber fom the range where I shot as I had one on order. It actually showed up at Atlantic Guns while I was in Vegas. If you qualify with a revolver you are licensed to carry any kind and caliber. My instructor lent me his. I carry whenever I'm in town.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't think I've ever heard of a civilian CCW only being valid for certain handguns and not others. Unlike say, some law enforcement positions where you have to 'qualify' with the weapon(s) you carry, I think any civilian with a permit can carry anything they please (within the guidelines, e.g. handguns only, no sawed off shotguns or RPGs)

Not in Nevada. See my other post.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think they will make every policy they can that restricts our rights and increases their intrusiveness into our personal lives.

Seriously, why let a little court ruling stop them?

I foresee a restriction along the lines of "Carry of a firearm is allowed, except in areas of restricted (paid or invitee, written or unwritten) admission of 5 or more people, or on days ending in 'Y'."

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    The whole restriction thing gets me. Not sure how every permit can be different. the LEO job alone become very difficult due to different people interpreting them differently. Its like saying "you can speak freely here but not here, this guy on the other hand can have free speech over there but not in here, etc."

The restrictions on mine have caused me much hesitation, and I therefore dont carry unless I feel I am well within the restriction. Even though I went through the hoops I still am not able to protect myself and family as I should.

I went through the MD process to #1 see if I could get one and #2 if so I felt it would get my foot in the door. Hopefully the recent events will continue to move Md to a better place these restrictions that are different for all of us will go away.

TD

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Nevada has this requirement that you qualify on the weapon your licensed to carry.

I was beaten to this.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The whole restriction thing gets me. Not sure how every permit can be different. the LEO job alone become very difficult due to different people interpreting them differently. Its like saying "you can speak freely here but not here, this guy on the other hand can have free speech over there but not in here, etc."

The restrictions on mine have caused me much hesitation, and I therefore dont carry unless I feel I am well within the restriction. Even though I went through the hoops I still am not able to protect myself and family as I should.

I went through the MD process to #1 see if I could get one and #2 if so I felt it would get my foot in the door. Hopefully the recent events will continue to move Md to a better place these restrictions that are different for all of us will go away.

TD

The special restrictions will probably have to disappear, other than possibly dictating concealed carry for civilians, open carry for uniformed security. Once self-defense qualifies as "justifiable need", it would make no sense for someone to go get a restricted permit for work for example.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    The only thing that bothers me here is that the state of Md will then enact a new law or change the existing law into a form that will make it hard to comply anyway as in DC Vs Heller. it will become a "tit for tat" with several new restrictions that we will have to start fighting at ground zero.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    A little off topic but my wife told me tonight that they have a sign at the local Toy R Us stating "No firearms on the premises". She hadnt really noticed it before and we have only recently been going to Toys R Us due to our first sons birth. Since I am "always on the computer talking about guns" she told me about this.

It hadnt hit me how stupid this practice is until now. Bad Guy "Gee, I wonder what store I should rob? Maybe the one with no guns allowed."

One of the most important things I could protect would be my son and wife, makes me wonder. What will happen if this suit is won, will some businesses start to lose customers?

TD

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom