• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    1895g rifle? You on a CDP? Nice buck btw.

Thanks! Second money buck in a row!

My hunt club is in Bath County VA. 215 miles away but beautiful! Opening day was Saturday. The deer herd down there took a huge hit with Snowmageddon. Many a skunked organized buck hunt. Seeing a lot more in the past 2 years.

Id love to have a local place to rifle hunt.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    Experienced opinion wanted

Leaving working now, should be getting home 4, is it worth going out for a hour? Saturday saw a what to me was a monster buck at exactly 5 with only twenty min of legal shooting time left. It’s kind of in a Suburb area, so they deer are used to people. All advice accepted.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Leaving working now, should be getting home 4, is it worth going out for a hour? Saturday saw a what to me was a monster buck at exactly 5 with only twenty min of legal shooting time left. It’s kind of in a Suburb area, so they deer are used to people. All advice accepted.

Always worth going out. In my limited experience, deer change the time they do things. Some of us (I'm one of them) subscribe to the solunar calendar. I find that when the solunar shows PEAK activity with a 4 star rating near dusk. There is about 80% or more chance I see a deer on my cameras. Solunar just is a prediction of feeding/movement. Does not mean they will be where you are. But IMO it sure increases the odds.

4 star day today with a minor peak starting late at 6pm. Sometimes you get early ones though. My dad got his 6pt in Va. It was a 4 star day and it showed up by his blind about 1hr before the start of a major 3hr peak. Peak started 10:00am and he got it before 9am I think.

Good luck and be very quiet going out.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    Always worth going out. In my limited experience, deer change the time they do things. Some of us (I'm one of them) subscribe to the solunar calendar. I find that when the solunar shows PEAK activity with a 4 star rating near dusk. There is about 80% or more chance I see a deer on my cameras. Solunar just is a prediction of feeding/movement. Does not mean they will be where you are. But IMO it sure increases the odds.

4 star day today with a minor peak starting late at 6pm. Sometimes you get early ones though. My dad got his 6pt in Va. It was a 4 star day and it showed up by his blind about 1hr before the start of a major 3hr peak. Peak started 10:00am and he got it before 9am I think.

Good luck and be very quiet going out.
    That is very good info, thanks

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Times have indeed been a little off the last week.

Saw 13 total on Saturday in Baltimore County. Does walked in and bedded down ~7 am. Had two small bucks and a nice 8pt move them around at 10AM. None within shooting range, but sometimes it’s just nice to watch.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_094005982-500x888.jpg
      IMG_20171120_094005982-500x888.jpg
      191.5 KB · Views: 213

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    Didn’t get out, household six had other plans!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Saw a Shooter buck for me in the field behind me, grunted and he stopped but wouldn't come towards me. Hit the rattle bag and nothing....on well. Always another day

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Thanks guys. I'm at my buddies farm out here and there's deer everywhere. I had 4 deer walk into shooting range as I was looking for this buck. We're heading out tomorrow then I'm back home tomorrow night.

I can only shoot a doe now, so hopefully a big girl walks out in front.

DownRange

Aug 8, 2016
    Harford County
    I have the Ruger American (.308) as well with the threaded barrel...someday might buy a can for it. Its a very good rifle for the money, but I am considering getting the new Magpul stock. Maybe Santa will leave it under the tree..

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This guy got a pass because i saw his bigger bother yesterday.

Attachments

• 20171121_175442.jpg
      20171121_175442.jpg
      125 KB · Views: 152

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom