• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Ill post a little more later, but as far as the Covid forms that was a requirement by the County or the Fairgrounds. Had nothing to do with the promoter. True there were only a couple actual dealers there including me, the other guy/guys were ridiculous priced.. we must have been doing something right as we sold probably 70% or more of what we brought.

Sounds like the form they were reading off of at MVA back in July when I renewed at the Essex branch. Not surprising, most large events are required to do similar screening questionnaires, I’m required to do a self screening 2hrs before reporting to work and every location I get asked again. I’ve been part of managing employee COVID cases for over 6mo now, it’s an interesting process.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Ill post a little more later, but as far as the Covid forms that was a requirement by the County or the Fairgrounds. Had nothing to do with the promoter. True there were only a couple actual dealers there including me, the other guy/guys were ridiculous priced.. we must have been doing something right as we sold probably 70% or more of what we brought.

FFBWMD, glad to hear your day was a successful one, and hope to have a chance to stop by your table tomorrow!

My suspicion had been that the forms were likely mandated by either Baltimore County, or someone's insurance company, rather than the promoters themselves. So, it's good to hear that it wasn't the promoter, and appreciate you sharing your perspective on that.

On one hand, I can sort of understand offering the data collection service as long as it's a voluntary submission process, for people would like to participate. (kind of like those who choose to opt in and use the tracing software on their phones)

However, I definitely don't think it should be a requirement, and I feel it introduces a chilling effect. (which, sadly, given the governmental tendencies in both our state and the county in which the show is being held, could very well have been the intent)

Also, I don't believe that the show should be treated any differently than any other high volume retail establishment. If patrons at grocery stores, home improvement stores, and big-box retail stores don't have to fill out forms, show attendees shouldn't have to, either. /rant

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Sounds like the form they were reading off of at MVA back in July when I renewed at the Essex branch. Not surprising, most large events are required to do similar screening questionnaires, I’m required to do a self screening 2hrs before reporting to work and every location I get asked again. I’ve been part of managing employee COVID cases for over 6mo now, it’s an interesting process.

Mark, that does sound interesting.

Out of curiosity, what types of events would be "questionnaire-worthy?"

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    End of An Era

Went to show today not expecting much, and was definitely disappointed. At least I only waited about 10 minutes to get in and think I spent about 20 minutes to include the bathroom trip on way out. There were more bags and knives than guns. The ammo prices were definitely overpriced and only one real vendor at front; others had sparse selections. Lots of junk and empty space.

I went to the Chantilly show on Friday 15 minutes after opening and after seeing that outrageous line, trolled the wally world lot to hit the bathroom. Came back out and made calls to local VA shops, ordered the mags I was hunting for and done; also found some defensive ammo I wanted to top off and gone. Not sure why I really went to the Timonium show.

I went to the last two Gettysburg shows and scored some hits on the first one. Went the following month hoping to find some more mags but were out and ammo prices already surpassed what I was willing to get raped on.

Miss the days when manufacturers actually showed up to peddle their wares.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    800-X and IMR Red @ $24 each . Big selection of Powders from IMR , Hodgon, Win, and Western ( Ramshot) . Primers must have been sold heavily before I wandered by .

NICS was running slow in the afternoon , about 2hrs I was told . There was a waiting area with chairs in back . ( My pickup was from a private seller , so couldn't say personally ).

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Out of curiosity, what types of events would be "questionnaire-worthy?"

Probably any in which the promoters chose to do so which they did. I would guess related to liability concerns against the promoter or property owner for not taking adequate precautions.

Got there at like 8:35AM. Went with my Dad, was disappointed. South Carroll Sporting Goods had good prices, there were some enfields I was taking a look at but I don't know enough about what to look for to make any move. There was a couple K98s in ok condition for decent money too. I am pretty sure I saw a sks paratrooper for like $600 but I thought that was high. I think there was a Siamese mauser somewhere, looked neat. Had $800 with me but ended up buying a box of Tok ammo and put it all back into the bank. It was worth taking half the night off of work for it just for the hell of it, but the show was pretty disappointing itself. Oh well.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Got there at like 8:35AM. Went with my Dad, was disappointed. South Carroll Sporting Goods had good prices, there were some enfields I was taking a look at but I don't know enough about what to look for to make any move. There was a couple K98s in ok condition for decent money too. I am pretty sure I saw a sks paratrooper for like $600 but I thought that was high. I think there was a Siamese mauser somewhere, looked neat. Had $800 with me but ended up buying a box of Tok ammo and put it all back into the bank. It was worth taking half the night off of work for it just for the hell of it, but the show was pretty disappointing itself. Oh well.

Yeah I ended up only seeing 2 SKS's which was sad. I sold my Yugo a few months ago and I kind of wanted to pick up a Chinese one but I can't justify buying one at 500-600, there's just a lot of other stuff I want more.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Probably any in which the promoters chose to do so which they did. I would guess related to liability concerns against the promoter or property owner for not taking adequate precautions.

I heard somewhere that it was required by the fairgrounds or county and that the promoter didn't have a choice:shrug:

RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    Does anyone know why the Balto. County Police were at a vendors table that was selling firearms on Saturday around 4 pm?

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I went yesterday, the line to get in was about 35 minutes when I arrived. I was after ammo, and I did find some Lawman 45 ACP FMJ at a fair price, but no 30 Cal Carbine FMJ. 9mm and 40 was only in hollow points. I also bought a super cheap piece of crape optic for my AR that I'm not expecting much out of. And I joined MSI...

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Son and I went today . Never know what ya may find . Was kinda disappointed , didn’t seem like much of a selection of stuff. Not a much variety and the prices. Guess that’s the new norm. No I haven’t been under a rock but damn 40 $ box of 9. Lower end rifles for over a thousand and what got me there wasn’t a shortage of people buying . Glad I went buttttt. Good to see the Marine Corp league there always support them and the Legion never know I may win the rifle. Man that would be nice . Glad I have what I do ,if they are getting those kinda of prices for ammo I’m tempted to sell. York next weekend I heard is a big show. Want some parts and pieces stuff I did not see today just to have .If anything it was something to do.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Son and I went today . Never know what ya may find . Was kinda disappointed , didn’t seem like much of a selection of stuff. Not a much variety and the prices. Guess that’s the new norm. No I haven’t been under a rock but damn 40 $ box of 9. Lower end rifles for over a thousand and what got me there wasn’t a shortage of people buying . Glad I went buttttt. Good to see the Marine Corp league there always support them and the Legion never know I may win the rifle. Man that would be nice . Glad I have what I do ,if they are getting those kinda of prices for ammo I’m tempted to sell. York next weekend I heard is a big show. Want some parts and pieces stuff I did not see today just to have .If anything it was something to do.

I would bet York will look like the Chantilly lines did or worse. Pricing probably the same or worse as we get closer to Election Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom