• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    After a personal disagreement with roided up bouncer who was drinking on the job and then a summer police academy cadet outside who put me in the hospital I have avoided OC like the plague for 10 years. I took my money to Dewey and had a MUCH better time. Now it's OBX or Bethany with family.
    .....and you were just an innocent by-stander in all this, huh?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    My place is in the northern end of town so I am up there mostly. It's much different in OC up north to Fenwick Is, which is also a great spot. Crime happens all over but it is a lot less crowded and much quieter up here. I do like the boardwalk and the area around S.Talbot street pier a lot though. The Angler and MR Ducks are always a good time. The Frog Bar is a sweet little dive with one of the best views in town. I also like west OC a lot. The area around the commercial fishing harbor is awesome. Harborside, Sunset Grille, and Teasers have great food and really nice bars. The Shark is the place to go for all kinds of fresh fish. The Sunset Marina is nicest in OC in my opinion. You can see lots of fish coming in to the scales around there and the ramp is free so that's where I put my boat in.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      227.1 KB · Views: 276

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    After a personal disagreement with roided up bouncer who was drinking on the job and then a summer police academy cadet outside who put me in the hospital I have avoided OC like the plague for 10 years. I took my money to Dewey and had a MUCH better time. Now it's OBX or Bethany with family.

You weren't standing in a fire exit at the time were you? :innocent0

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Well this is a nice thing to see being that me and my girlfriend are heading down for a few days on Sunday. I'm hoping being there during the week will make it a little nicer and less crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well this is a nice thing to see being that me and my girlfriend are heading down for a few days on Sunday. I'm hoping being there during the week will make it a little nicer and less crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too late. It's vacation season already. The place is in full swing.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    My oldest son, his wife and their new baby boy, went "Downy O-shun" this past weekend.

Steven called me and said that he must be getting old.

"Way too many young people." (And he's a High School teacher!) And, "These kids act like they don't have any upbringing."

Ha!!!!!! This came from a "kid" that went to OC during "Seniors Week" (2000) and got a visit from the Poh-leese for having SIXTY-THREE people in the condo that he rented!!!!!!!!!

Pot meet kettle.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The old man told me they used to go down and pull all the seasonal meters in the off season because no one was there to help with line loss. The more popular the destination has become the more problems have become just like anywhere. Someone the other day pulled a knife on a off duty or plain clothes policeman the other day that didn't go real well for him. I get to travel through all the resort towns on the shore frequently while working and I cant believe how any of those places still gets buy in. People want to go to the beach though and its not going to change for the better because its close you just have to put your blinders on and try and have a good time. Its reminds me of a little New Jersey. Ocean Shi#$y is what its known by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom