• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

kent

Dec 21, 2015
    Applied on 2/24, and shows active on 3/9 (haven't received the card yet) so 14 calendar days.

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Applied 03/07/17 been checking everyday only thing that is checked is the payment

I feel you on checking it everyday to see where it is in the process but it's going to make the wait even more dreadful. Often everything will be processed in one day, some have said only some sections were complete before they later went active. Realistically you are looking at at least 2-3 weeks, be patient my friend.

Audis&Glocks

Mar 12, 2017
    Frostburg,MD
    I feel you on checking it everyday to see where it is in the process but it's going to make the wait even more dreadful. Often everything will be processed in one day, some have said only some sections were complete before they later went active. Realistically you are looking at at least 2-3 weeks, be patient my friend.

Yeah the problem is everyone is on spring break at my school so i kinda have nothing else to do except decide which gun will be my first purchase but your right i know i have a little while to wait before i actually get approved

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    Well, I'm out of time waiting for them to give me a number today, gotta sleep for night shift. I'm off next week until Thursday and I was hoping to get some range time in on my brand new first pistol with my dad on Monday since that's the only day that week he has off but I guess that's out the window now thanks to Maryland's insistence on 2nd amendment infringement which is wasting what little free time I have. I have a Glock 23 already paid for and I'm just waiting on my HQL number so I can get the 7-day wait started. I'm pretty tired already as I type this, so I'm probably more pissed than usual but this is absolutely ridiculous. I hope MSI wins the case against the HQLs and our awful attorney general and politicians cry their worthless eyes out over it.

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    They approved it almost immediately after I e-mailed them. Should've just done that sooner.

So submitted on 2/27 and then got the number on 3/15 although I should've technically already had it by 3/13

bDp_Reaper

Mar 1, 2017
    Bethesda, MD
    Applied (Sunday) 02/26/17
    Active (Thursday) 03/09/17
    Card shipped (Monday) 03/13/17
    In hand today (Wednesday) 03/15/17

Overall process from applying until card was in hand 17 days (13 business days).

Time to buy some guns!!! :party29:

Last edited:

Audis&Glocks

Mar 12, 2017
    Frostburg,MD
    Audis&Glocks, sounds to me like your status should be the same since you applied on the same date. What's the status?

Unfortunately Kenny they are telling me that if need be they will impose the complete 30 day if need be so I'm guessing they're gonna make me wait it little longer than the rest of the crew

Sjones537

Mar 17, 2017
    Applied March 08 and absolutely nothing until today.

All was complete except NICS, CJIS and JIS which are marked incomplete.

Sjones537

Mar 17, 2017
    Bingo! Applied March 8 and just came back Active today.

Figure I still have a week wait at least for the card and another week for the 7 day "cool off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom