• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    So I read something interesting - PUSH BACK - Start proposing legislation to outlaw abortion, also There should be a push to make firearms mandatory in every home - just for starters. I can't understand why there is no Push back.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    So I read something interesting - PUSH BACK - Start proposing legislation to outlaw abortion, also There should be a push to make firearms mandatory in every home - just for starters. I can't understand why there is no Push back.

I agree with the pushback statement but requiring all homes would be a non-starter...unconstitutional to start with. There's no point in promoting obviously unconstitutional proposals...leave that to the antis as they're pros at it. Carpet bombing the MGA with eminently legal proposals such as shall issue laws and others to set back on their heels would be great.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    I agree with the pushback statement but requiring all homes would be a non-starter...unconstitutional to start with. There's no point in promoting obviously unconstitutional proposals...leave that to the antis as they're pros at it. Carpet bombing the MGA with eminently legal proposals such as shall issue laws and others to set back on their heels would be great.

Kennesaw GA mandates it.

Sec. 34-21. – Heads of households to maintain firearms.

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Has that been repealed as Unconstitutional? Did I miss it?

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

Could drop bills to clog the MDGA. However, they would take one of them and light it up to another gun grab law - just to show they Win.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Too bad the Republicans can't get their stuff together when they were the majority to pass freedom-based legislation like the Dems can to take away freedoms. The Dems play for blood...the GOP still tries to play nicey-nicey so the Democrats and the lapdog media won't say bad things about them.

Dems + RINOs = UniParty.

You should know that by now. The Grim Reaper is the only one who can remove them from their bought-and-paid-for cushy Gummint job in Congress.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yes and they use that as their excuse every time so they end up doing nothing. At least the Democrats try doing something.
    No effort was made by Republicans to get nationwide concealed carry done when they had control of Congress and the White House. (Yes I’m aware of not having 60 Senate votes)
    They could’ve tried attaching it to a another bill or the budget, but they are p*ssies.
    I’d like to think that someday Republicans will learn but I’m not optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is 2020 time for a viable third party led by Trump/Pence?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Is 2020 time for a viable third party led by Trump/Pence?

If you think it's frustrating now when the Dems can hold out just a few seats in the senate and block anything we want, imagine if you carve it up into even smaller pieces. Zero chance of every seeing 2A-friendly legislation, ever.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Because then millions of Liberals (including Congresscritters) would have to go to bed without dinner and lock themselves in their room FOREVER AND NEVER COME OUT AGAIN! DO YOU HEAR ME?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If you think it's frustrating now when the Dems can hold out just a few seats in the senate and block anything we want, imagine if you carve it up into even smaller pieces. Zero chance of every seeing 2A-friendly legislation, ever.

Not if they don't get re-elected - then they can't block anything. :D

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Kennesaw GA mandates it.

I'm aware of Kennesaw's law...they wrote it with the exceptions you posted. I just can't see that being anything but a non-starter in Maryland. It's one city...not the entire state. I appreciate the thought but can't see the point of spending legislative effort on something with so little chance of gaining support even from friends in the MGA.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    If republicans were smart they would go with the push back, push through radical Republican laws through the senate, force America to choose between post birth abortions and no guns or freedom and babies.

Of course the DNC will just need to find a new high school/country music concert right before election time to fire up the media but it’s better than just doing nothing.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I like the idea of gumming up the system with bills and debate that put the liberals on the defensive (let's give them something to think about other than, how can we screw the good people of MD today).... to do this we need an advocate in the MGA willing to take on the work load... who would be our best option for something like that. This needs to be coordinated.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    If republicans were smart they would go with the push back, push through radical Republican laws through the senate, force America to choose between post birth abortions and no guns or freedom and babies.

Of course the DNC will just need to find a new high school/country music concert right before election time to fire up the media but it’s better than just doing nothing.

100 percent

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    I like the idea of gumming up the system with bills and debate that put the liberals on the defensive (let's give them something to think about other than, how can we screw the good people of MD today).... to do this we need an advocate in the MGA willing to take on the work load... who would be our best option for something like that. This needs to be coordinated.

Sadly Democrats are really good at using this technique and the Republicans don’t bother to get involved. Throw as much stuff against the wall as you can to overwhelm the system and hope that Something sticks? End Rant

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

Obama care was ruled constitutional, all that is needed is to make it a tax.:innocent0 Democrats are all for taxation!:D

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    you guys ain't the only ones going full retard. or fuller retard.

today we have having hearings on bgc's. first offense misdemeanor, second felony.

funny, the everytown guy proposed a straw transfer to facilitate a transfer between 2 individuals who would not qualify. using a person related to both to take position and complete a transfer between 2 unrelated people. he was called on it. a little back peddle, teflon, and a D bill sponsor who ran interference.

10 days into the session, and about 110 left. oh boy, the rest should be fun!!! :sarcasm:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Problem with that is Republicans don't control 60 Senate seats. It's easier to pass laws in the House because there is no Filibuster. You have 50%+1 of the vote, the law is passed.

In the Senate, you need 60 votes to end debate before you can call the actual vote.

But the other comments are spot on. The Republicans took the House and acted like a bunch of drunk idiots. Everyone for themselves, no coherent plan or strategy, stuff they had complained about for 6 years they were like "duhh...i dunno" when asked how they'd fix it."

Democrats are hitting the ground running. They know they may not get the stuff past the Senate, but they are auditioning for 2020. They know they can turn around in 2020 and say "Look at this awesome law we want, and if you elect more of us, we can have it."

Contrast that to the Republicans "Well the Democrats will shoot it down so why bother trying."

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Problem with that is Republicans don't control 60 Senate seats. It's easier to pass laws in the House because there is no Filibuster. You have 50%+1 of the vote, the law is passed.

In the Senate, you need 60 votes to end debate before you can call the actual vote.

Absolutely correct. But Rs did have the votes to draft and modify bills in the Senate committee where there's no filibuster, and could have embedded pro 2A text in "must pass" bills. That wasn't done, not even once in 6 years.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Good. They should swing for the fences. I hope they don’t stop there. I’d like to see them come out with a total ban on all semis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom