• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Definitely a kick in the groin day for me too. That's why they call it hunting and not shopping.

I told her, " Dont worry whats going on back there, that's all down wind."

Now she said, " I want one of my brothers to take me!" :lol2:

Wife just headed to the grocery store.
    Were going to head out about 10:00 to see if we cant catch some mid-day activity and do some rattling along a cut over.
    Maybe something will happen, I don't know, its good to get out and have some fun.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I told her, " Dont worry whats going on back there, that's all down wind."

Now she said, " I want one of my brothers to take me!" :lol2:

Wife just headed to the grocery store.
    Were going to head out about 10:00 to see if we cant catch some mid-day activity and do some rattling along a cut over.
    Maybe something will happen, I don't know, its good to get out and have some fun.

That's what it is all about....most times. :D

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Closed out youth season just before dark :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      134.7 KB · Views: 180
    Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Great job all. Good to see so many nice deer down

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I gotta tell ya, I drove up to PA using 95, 476, 76 and many side roads. I DID NOT see any deer. None dead on the side of the roads, none standing next to the roads, none crossing the roads, nada. After my brother's funeral on Friday, I left Hazzard County at 3pm traveling up to my son's house in Conshohocken PA. It's nothing to see deer on my travels. Not one deer was seen. I then had to go into Philadelphia Saturday afternoon using 76 and 676 and traveled back after 11pm without seeing anything. Throughout it all, I was also on a lot of side rural roads and saw nothing there either.

What's up? I would have thought I'd seen a few dead deer on 95, much less on the PA roads, but nothing.

I've seen more dead deer on 24 between Abingdon and Bel Air this past week than all of my travels this weekend.

Weird

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_1643.JPG[2247].jpeg Finally, big brother had to rattle one in for her. She said she got to watch it come all the way across the field bit by bit. Big sis got a small 8 point that had so much corn in it that its cheeks were full like a squirrel.
    Never seen nothing like it. Im trying to get the pic up its funny looking as hell.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    View attachment 218269 Finally, big brother had to rattle one in for her. She said she got to watch it come all the way across the field bit by bit. Big sis got a small 8 point that had so much corn in it that its cheeks were full like a squirrel.
    Never seen nothing like it. Im trying to get the pic up its funny looking as hell.
    Congratulations to your girl, and to her brother for a good job rattling it in. That is a fat little buck, can’t wait to see the corn-stuffed pics. Sounds funny.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    InkedIMG_1640[2258]_LI.jpg My buddy got a good one. I don't know if he bow shot it or killed it during MZL. Ill have to get up with him and find out.
    Maybe I can talk him into putting me on to something decent but he's always worried Ill shoot a little one at his farm.
    I probably would just to piss him off LOL.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    View attachment 218278 My buddy got a good one. I don't know if he bow shot it or killed it during MZL. Ill have to get up with him and find out.
    Maybe I can talk him into putting me on to something decent but he's always worried Ill shoot a little one at his farm.
    I probably would just to piss him off LOL.
    Awesome antlers, and a drop tine. Well done, not a very big body though, not much meat on that one :innocent0

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Congrats to all those that have connected recently.

I haven't been able to get out much recently due to family health issues, but was able to get out some this past weekend.

11/12 First doe I put a hole in her heart and she maybe only made it 40yds. 30 minutes later a little 3pt comes in tracking the doe and beds down next to her body.

As I'm walking out I crest a hill. I can see across the field, past my truck, over the county road, and out into the next field I can see a buck and doe about 8-900 yds from me. I get back to my truck, unload my gun, go sign out of the area I was in and sign into the area I saw the buck and doe. Driving down the farm access road I stop, get out, load my gun. I had covered the distance to them and circled around to 80yds on their other side. They were to busy dealing with each other to worry about me. After I shot the doe the buck was clueless and to what he should do. He was a good 3.5yo looked like maybe a 7pt. He still hung out in the same area looking for her for 30 minutes even after I drug her out.

Attachments

• 1112170810.jpg
      1112170810.jpg
      102.9 KB · Views: 204
    • 1112171118.jpg
      1112171118.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 203

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Last Saturday was productive on the spot that I hunt in Queen Anne’s. Had three young bucks in the field I was sharing with a friend. A monster walked out, but caught a whiff of me before he got in the shooting lane. Walked over towards my friend who had an excellent heart/lung shot at 30 yards. What a beauty. Should be a good couple of weeks coming up.

The friend is a veteran, what an excellent way to celebrate his day.

Attachments

• 9ACAB0CD-7782-4499-ADA7-6071DF8A6A79.jpg
      9ACAB0CD-7782-4499-ADA7-6071DF8A6A79.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 184

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    View attachment 218269 Finally, big brother had to rattle one in for her. She said she got to watch it come all the way across the field bit by bit. Big sis got a small 8 point that had so much corn in it that its cheeks were full like a squirrel.
    nice! congrats to the young huntress and you for helping her!

Congrats to all those that have connected recently.

I haven't been able to get out much recently due to family health issues, but was able to get out some this past weekend.

11/12 First doe I put a hole in her heart and she maybe only made it 40yds. 30 minutes later a little 3pt comes in tracking the doe and beds down next to her body.

As I'm walking out I crest a hill. I can see across the field, past my truck, over the county road, and out into the next field I can see a buck and doe about 8-900 yds from me. I get back to my truck, unload my gun, go sign out of the area I was in and sign into the area I saw the buck and doe. Driving down the farm access road I stop, get out, load my gun. I had covered the distance to them and circled around to 80yds on their other side. They were to busy dealing with each other to worry about me. After I shot the doe the buck was clueless and to what he should do. He was a good 3.5yo looked like maybe a 7pt. He still hung out in the same area looking for her for 30 minutes even after I drug her out.
    a two fer nice!

Last Saturday was productive on the spot that I hunt in Queen Anne’s. Had three young bucks in the field I was sharing with a friend. A monster walked out, but caught a whiff of me before he got in the shooting lane. Walked over towards my friend who had an excellent heart/lung shot at 30 yards. What a beauty. Should be a good couple of weeks coming up.

:thumbsup:congrats!

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area

--That is a very interesting rack. Do the tiny points plus huge body indicate it had poor access to minerals/other nutrients? Or is that just genetics?

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    --That is a very interesting rack. Do the tiny points plus huge body indicate it had poor access to minerals/other nutrients? Or is that just genetics?

Excellent question, and I’m not quite sure what the answer would be. His grazing land was soybean and sunflower fields. Marshy. Plenty of salt licks and corn feeders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom