• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The calendar said so yesterday! ... Fact is we've been preparing for several weeks.

Right now we have great Indian Summer weather. Glad I haven't put away the window AC's yet. But we know it won't last. And we definitely know what comes next...

This year, all the local Deep Creek folks are talking about the abundance of acorns falling like rain. The bears, deer, squirrels and chipmunks are feasting on them and getting fat. Is this Mama Nature sending us a message? We haven't had a harsh winter for a few years... we're due.

The pic below is of a doe and her two fawns that live in the woods around us. I've watched the trio since the babies had spots last spring. They drive our hounds crazy, but they sure like living here.

Fall is here and winter comes next.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_2022 SNIP.jpg
      IMG_2022 SNIP.jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 426

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    At least you didn’t mention that S-word!

My plow is already on the truck because my roofers moved it and I had to put iton the truck to move some brush. SnowDogg plow is a booger to mount and dismount when there is no level pad.

Just don’t say “s*&w”

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    How do the leaves look?

Are the tree leaves colorful now in Western Maryland or...
    I'm in Northern Carroll County and some of the leaves have started to turn color but most trees have not.

We are considering taking a ride West this weekend.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Are the tree leaves colorful now in Western Maryland or...
    I'm in Northern Carroll County and some of the leaves have started to turn color but most trees have not.

We are considering taking a ride West this weekend.

Autumn Glory Festival is this week. This is what the leaves looked like at the range last Sunday. It won't be long before they're off the trees...

Attachments

• DSC08605.jpg
      DSC08605.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 251
    • DSC08604.jpg
      DSC08604.jpg
      60.7 KB · Views: 253
    • DSC08670.jpg
      DSC08670.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 254

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    At least you didn’t mention that S-word!

My plow is already on the truck because my roofers moved it and I had to put iton the truck to move some brush. SnowDogg plow is a booger to mount and dismount when there is no level pad.

Just don’t say “s*&w”

I saw your truck and thought you knew something that I didn't. I had to put the AC back in my window since then. I am still wearing shorts and flip flops. :sad20:

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    I saw your truck and thought you knew something that I didn't. I had to put the AC back in my window since then. I am still wearing shorts and flip flops. :sad20:

Right! And MomOSix still has the ac going. Only thng i know is that plow is a booger to mount up. On it stays til spring!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Looks nice, I'm going to look up the Autumn Glory Days and take wife on a day trip out there one day this weekend.

Not to discount what CombatAK posted. He's a friend. But he lives on the "other side of Big Savage from me. Weather is much different there.

If you want to bring the wife to the Autumn Glory festival, tomorrow is your best shot. It's over on Sunday....

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    Thanks for the tip

Not to discount what CombatAK posted. He's a friend. But he lives on the "other side of Big Savage from me. Weather is much different there.

If you want to bring the wife to the Autumn Glory festival, tomorrow is your best shot. It's over on Sunday....

We drove up for the day. Saw some of the parade. Drove some backroads.
    Ate at the Archie's Barbeque in McHenry. Got some cheese and wine at FireFly Farms in Accident and headed East towards home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom