Welcome My Patriot Friends! I Would Love If You all Could Read my Bio and My Ideas

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Ugh, OP, come back and talk to us or mods, delete everyone logging on from his class C.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Mossberg 500 over the Remington.
    Here's why

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=66035

opinion

OP when it comes to HD guns, whatever has a good track record and is MORE comfortable is what you should pick. not the opinion of one, or 5 people. whats good for you might not be good for others. like ive said before, i prefer the mossberg as well. finish, safety, and dual extractors. my 870 has cycling issues. but go with that YOU are more comfortable with, not what others favor.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm confused.

Anyway, I've known "victims" like that. They choose to associate with people looking to be enabled. Some folks call it co-dependence. They generally have to choose to change. They generally do not make that choice. Don't mean to insult your mother, and her situation is absolutely not her fault, but I'd suggest you consider whether she could make different decisions that might improve her life, and help her to do that.

Anyway, in my opinion...inexpensive shotguns are inexpensive shotguns. Don't agonize over the decision. Pick one that fits you, and know it might be fidgety and you'll need to practice with it. Remington makes good guns.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All of the personal information:

1. Makes my head spin
    2. Pegs the needle on my BS meter all the way to the right.
    3. Was completely unnecessary for the OP's question.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Current Life Story- BIO(If you dont want to read all my bio info, more forum apropriate info is listed about halfway through the post)
    Hi guys, I am a 25 yo guy who is set on being a lawyer. I live in Salisbury, Md/Ocean City also, and work at a bar. I have had many issues in my life that gave me deep character, but cost me my father, and plunged my mother into a spiraling out of control state that has left her in a bad position... Her boyfriend is a drug addict mainly to pills. My mother was a very sucessful doctor in her field until she met this guy. Long sotry short i will list every thing he has done to drag my mother in with him:
    [LIST Of All Things Done to My Mother and Me]
    [*]Destroyed my moms Honda Accord in a drug fueled accident
    [*]Lost 1st Job- Annual Salary= $ 100,00 a year
    [*]Lost Second Job- Annual Salary- $130000
    [*]Smoking cigarettes- (she despised them before meeting him now she smokes like a chimney)
    [*]She got addicted to the same drugs her boyfriend is on
    [*]My mother lost her RX licence in MD which precludes her from writing any prescriptins, thus eliminating her ablitity to practice medicine
    [*]Totally demolished my moms car in an accident when he was sleeping at the wheel, high off of xanax and oxicontin
    [*]Allows him to live there rent free, at my childhood home
    [*]And oh yeaa... He takes my chrsitmas and birthday cards still sent to my moms house and hides them from me, giving them to my mom.
    [/LIST]

He did this by begging my mother to write him prescriptions for narcotics such as oxyxontin 30mg scripts, Zanax Scripts, and god knows what else. Well, the Medical Control Board found out my mom had been writing for him, and fired her from her first job once bosses found out.

She got lucky as all hell... and found a better paying job a few months later.. Until this boyfriend of hers did the SAME EXACT THING again to her... coercing and extorting her to write him more...needless to say, she lost that job as well... (now she was offered a job out of pity by her sister who is also an M.D. To get paid 15/hr. Most of all though... My mother (for god knows what reason) gave him the 20th anniversary ring from my deceassed father and me for safekeeping. ( which is retarded seeing as how giving a priceless last artifact of your dead husbands/my father's to a drug addict resentful, money starved, boyfriend on enough Xanax to give him seizures all day could be considered trustworthy to hold onto something that was so precious to me. This was the literally last tangible relic that I had of my father's memory. Me and him went out to pick it up from Zales, it was a nice ring , $4500 2 or so carats.for my mom and dad's 15th anniversry.. and we'd had it since my dad died in 07. And guess what? My moms BF "lost" it....Which I dont believe... He is in a rears with child suport for $10's of thousands and he is a loser of a man, a parasite, a combination of a hardened drug addict, with limited to no income (it's all garnished fro child support), So I am left with making the money. Also many things of mine are now long gone since I moved out 3 years ago, and I know that something fishy is going on.

And in the past 3 jobs he's held: one as a welder, second as a janitor at a school, and also as a boat captain, he's been fired for the same exact reason everytime; nodding out and falling from taking so many drugs. I am not here to get a gun to protect against him at all, but this issue is one that has been bugging me for many years, n I would like to hear others express what I should do. Ive tried arguing with my mom and explaining how he is bringing her into a deep dangerous spiral , but she says she never wants to talk about it...

Anyways.. On another note, Hello! I am glad to have found a community of people who share the same vision I have about the 2nd Amend. I wanted to give a lil background on me:

Stats
    -I am 25
    Fiscally conservative, mostly socially liberal (slightly Lib.)
    I am White Male, the new Minority in the U.S.A
    - I am a Bartender in summer in Ocean City.
    - I plan to go to law school
    -I Have been studying our laws and esp. the Constitution and the gun laws and have seen the brainwashing that the public is faced with by the gov't and mass media.
    - I find it strange that there is no mandatory "Know Your Legal Rights As A Citizen of the USA" courses offered in any or most School Curriculum.
    -I am led to believe that the Gov't and Media have no need to train their sheep i n the ways of their rights and their rights within the law, only in brainwashing them, feeding them with fear, and leading them to consume..

This all combined with the fact that the economic collapse may be soon coming and I want to be prepared and protected for anything.
    I Was virulently anti gun anything until I realized that I do not want to look back in 10 years and wish that I had taken a diferent action, and be left naked. Thanks for reading a young american man's perspective on this whole gun ordeal.

Few gun facts bout me: I have never bought any gun in my life. I loathed them and the dangers they presented. Ive fired maybe 4. I think its time before it's too late to purchase a gun or two for SD and hunting applications. I am definitely Leaning towards a shotgun, the Remington 870 Express--Its in Walmart for only 270 bucks, but may buy a carbine after that purchase. Ive heard alot of CONS about pistols, although I'd like one at some point, hey are too pricey, and not good HD guns.Harder to be accurate, etc..

Possible Upcoming Gun Buy List:
    *Remington 870 FOR SURE (Whats best model? the 870 express Tactical, Express, MCS 870, or 870 Express Tactical Magnum?)
    -Mosin Nagant
    FN SCAR H
    FN Herstal Five-SeveN
    -AR 15 of some sort
    -Ruger Mini-14
    -M4A3 LWRC

And last but not least, a week ago, i become a NRA life member. But on my plan, I took the option of paying the payment plan of 35 a month until it gets to a 1,000, but i've heard of a discount if you get a lifetime NRA member to sponsor you. I am a 4.0gpa college student with many bills, and I would pay the 1000 immediately if I had it, but paying $300 seems alot better for my situation. Anyone around here can help me out with sponsoring me so I can get the 700 discount would be a savior.

EasternShooter

2nd Amendment Enthusiast
    Dec 30, 2012
    Salisbury
    yeah, maybe it was TMI, but I just wanted to register and talk to gun owners about gun stuff and also I had some personal stuff I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on, looking back maybe I shouldve posted the first half on the dr. phil forum or something but I dont want to register to any site like that. I figured I would use this more lol. and as for you saying I have no right to own a gun, I am sure you all have had perfect lives and nothing untorrid has ever happened to you.. Mind you I live in a pretty dangerous area and I would like the safety that a gun may provide if something should happen, also I would like to get into hunting as I have some friends who do. That is all.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    hello and welcome to the forum. TMI, yes. but no harm no foul. But let me give you a little advice that will help save your feelings and your rear end from being hurt. DO NOT PORTRAY YOURSELF AS SOMTHING YOU ARE NOT. Not saying that you have, but to go from loathing the existance of firearms to being a "Second Amendment Enthusiust" is a little unlikely. Be honest and say that you are new to the gun world and with all the Sociol and .gov unrest going on you wanted to educate yourself on what all the fus is and find out some REAL information on how REAL gun owners feel about the current situation.

Enjoy the forum and it's members. lots of good people and some very, very odd senses of humor. lol. but ya gotta love "em.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    OH, AND FOR THE RECORD, your post count will not increase by posting in the INTRO section. And I will not pay 3k for your DPMS sportie. lol:lol2:

just to get that out of the way.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Welcome. Everyone has had some adversity. Hopefully you've set yourself on a path to better things.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom