• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    That's why it would not surprise me if they refuse cert. Too many variables, too much at stake.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Not sure if the source is reliable, found on FB

School of the American Rifle
    2 hrs ·

http://thefederalist.com/…/supreme-court-takes-gun-control…/

The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take the MD Gun Rights Case - Kolbe v Hogan.

This case address the States ability to Ban Magazines over 10 Rounds and Ban Semi Automatic Firearms, specifically the AR15.

I'm glad to hear they are addressing this important issue, but I am worried about the current makeup of the Court.
    If The Supreme Court Takes This Gun Control Case, It Will Be Huge
    When the Supreme Court meets today to discuss pending petitions for review, the justices’ conference calendar will include a pivotal Second Amendment case.
    thefederalist.com

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

2 hrs ·

The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take the MD Gun Rights Case - Kolbe v Hogan.

This case address the States ability to Ban Magazines over 10 Rounds and Ban Semi Automatic Firearms, specifically the AR15.

I'm glad to hear they are addressing this important issue, but I am worried about the current makeup of the Court.
    When the Supreme Court meets today to discuss pending petitions for review, the justices’ conference calendar will include a pivotal Second Amendment case.
    thefederalist.com

You read the link wrong. It did not even go to conference on the 9th. It was rescheduled. Apparently you are reading conditional sentences like the 4th circuit. The key word is IF. They have not accepted it yet.

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    I read the first line"The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take the MD Gun Rights Case - Kolbe v Hogan." Like I said not sure about the source.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

2 hrs ·

thefederalist.com

clandestine will probably be along (he runs SOTAR). I read this too and it got my excited but I think what he wrote on FB is misleading. They haven't agreed to take the case as far as I can tell.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm not a lawyer. My post means they didn't outright deny as it appears they have in other cases. I liked the article and gave my thoughts "opinion".

I have edited my commentary to clearly explain as such.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

2 hrs ·

thefederalist.com

That Federalist link is now 404.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    So say that this wins, does the law go back like it was before with registration and waiting period to be "not disapproved"?

My 2 cents. If this law is overturned the MGA will legislate another as soon as possible. We are seeing how easy it is to write a bad law and how difficult it is to overturn it.

The only way to break the cycle is to educate the populace so they don't elect folks who want to legislate gun control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom