WV House Delegates Trying To Remove Stand Your Ground!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    ALERT! Delegates Hornbuckle, Canestraro, and Fleischauer want to require you to "run away" before defending your life or your loved ones.

Call the House Judiciary office at (304) 340-3252, and ask Chairman John Shott to kill this bill. And while you're on, ask them to move 2562 (parking lot protection).

After calling, I would also encourage folks to email Chairman Shott directly: john.shott@wvhouse.gov

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_Status/bills_text.cfm?billdoc=hb3017+intr.htm&yr=2017&sesstype=RS&i=3017

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• wvcdl-1.JPG
      wvcdl-1.JPG
      98.3 KB · Views: 697
    • wvcdl2.JPG
      wvcdl2.JPG
      75.2 KB · Views: 712

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    there's a little wordsmithing going on here. it adds a duty to retreat when deadly force is not necessary. if deadly force is necessary, then the duty to retreat isn't applicable. that's my read and i'm def not a criminal attorney. in any event, i sent the email because i want less of a chance of being in jail if and when (hopefully never) i would need to defend myself or my family.

anyone have more clarity on the "parking lot protections?"

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Duty to retreat opens a massive legal can of worms. How do you decide if deadly force is necessary? More importantly, how do you know which way the wind will be blowing from a butterfly in China as to what a judge and jury will think? Are you willing to bet your freedom on them not finding some completely non-obvious way that you could have possibly eluded harm, which would put you afoul of the law?

Bottom line, duty to retreat is a great way to persecute folks and try to shape society into thinking that they (wrongly) are not responsible for their own safety... all while putting the rights of criminals above those of their victims.

So far, at least one delegate has removed his name from the bill to save his seat come re-election... but we remember these things. ;)

As for the parking lot protection bill, it establishes that your car is your property and that an employer, etc cannot prevent you from keeping a firearm properly secured in your vehicle while you are at work. It is not an infringement of property rights on behalf of the business, because your personal vehicle and its contents are not their property.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    In less than 24 hours, the bill was beaten into submission! Every single delegate has dropped support, including noting that the bill was a mistake.

seems our Pol's want to do "something" just to say they did something, but they need to be doing the right thing or nothing at all.

Up_in_BoCo

Dedicated plinker
    Oct 22, 2014
    HZ
    They will be back. The movement of the large federal govt. agencies and their employees to WV has doomed the states future demographics and attitudes.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i hope it doesn't include the NFA Branch in Martinsburg or the FBI CJIS Division in Clarksburg.

But I suppose the deep state has tentacles everywhere.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• wvcdl-1.JPG
      wvcdl-1.JPG
      103.7 KB · Views: 574
    • wvcdl-2.JPG
      wvcdl-2.JPG
      102.5 KB · Views: 569
    • wvcdl-3.JPG
      wvcdl-3.JPG
      121 KB · Views: 567
    • wvcdl-4.JPG
      wvcdl-4.JPG
      82.6 KB · Views: 564
    • wvcdl-5.JPG
      wvcdl-5.JPG
      10.2 KB · Views: 571

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    WV could probably make good use of Garrett and Allegheny. But they wouldn't want Fredrick and Carroll. That many idiots would throw off the political balance of WV.

( They may be small population counties by Md standards, but they would be huge by WV standards.)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Whoa. That's a big deal. The plaintiff gets EVERYONES personal info? EVERYONE? Like Gary Oldman levels of EVERYONE?
    Holy smokes.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    think of how time-consuming and expensive this will be for peacemaker. an unfortunately, apparently legal ploy to help disrupt and diminish their business. what a bunch of &^%$*. i think something similar filed against tomahawk mx track a few years ago (which iirc was filed by folks moving near there after the track was already in existence). next they'll go after them for lead/rainwater runoff.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    SB575 Letter Please Protect My Privacy

To those who want to help, I drafted a Letter to send to the Reps.

Use how you see fit. It si the least I can to from here. (KSA)

Attachments

• Please Protect My Privacy WV.docx
      13.7 KB · Views: 112

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Reminds me of the whiners in Bethesda crying about noise from the DCA flight path down the Potomac, Who was there first, the airport or you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom