• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So a cartoonist weighs in about gun control.

If we had a real government – the kind that works – we would acknowledge that gun violence is not one big problem with one big solution. It is millions of people with different risk profiles voting their self-interest as they see it.

So stop acting like one side is stupid. Both sides of the gun issue are scared, and both have legitimate reasons to be that way. Neither side is “right.”

And???

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    So a cartoonist weighs in about gun control.

And???
    If you are in favor of common-sense gun control laws, you might like my book. But that would be more coincidence than causation because the book doesn’t mention guns. I don’t even know why I brought it up.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 661

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't even think of Scott Adams as "the guy who created Dilbert" anymore. I think of him as an experienced guy who sees through all the BS and can tell it like it is.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I don't even think of Scott Adams as "the guy who created Dilbert" anymore. I think of him as an experienced guy who sees through all the BS and can tell it like it is.

He doesn't even have to think about storylines, his fans send him stories and he adapts them to Dilbert. His words, not mine.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    So stop acting like one side is stupid. Both sides of the gun issue are scared, and both have legitimate reasons to be that way. Neither side is “right.”

Sorry, I'm right, a percentage of his side are right (the percentage that think if my side are disarmed we'll be better victims) and a large part of his side are stupid (the part that thinks firearms are going to magically disappear at the stoke of a pen and we're all going to live in a happy foam rubber covered world).

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Sorry, I'm right, a percentage of his side are right (the percentage that think if my side are disarmed we'll be better victims) and a large part of his side are stupid (the part that thinks firearms are going to magically disappear at the stoke of a pen and we're all going to live in a happy foam rubber covered world).

Agreed...

As I read it, I couldn't help but feel the passive aggressiveness coming through. In then end, I sense that he would advocate for the so called 'common sense' gun laws.

Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    Interesting article. I thought it was good. Of course, he mentions the gross over generalization, but it was a good majority generalization. Guns are a hobby. A serious and possibly dangerous hobby, but it's my hobby. In my mind it's not anymore dangerous hobbies like building furniture, racing...well anything, riding horses, base jumping, sky diving, or skiing.

I don't CCW in MD when I am not on my property and I don't hunt with firearms. I also refuse to live in fear. I am not scared of getting shot by a democrat and certainly don't feel a need to protect myself from them only. I do feel a need to protect myself and my family from people; any person that wishes me, my family, or my property harm.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I think we should start casting our ideas for gun laws (mostly repealing them) as "common sense". At least ours really would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom