• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks to all who made it out to speak on this bill!

ALERT FROM THE PATRIOT PICKET: a staffer slipped us the word on the sidewalk this morning that SB1040 is 99% DEAD and would likely be yanked today.
    Nice! I wonder how much is because they cant get access to the list. If the list becomes accessible in the future, I bet this bill will surface again.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The concern is still that they are still incubating the Clippinger version on the House side.

If the House committee gives it a favorable report, we're going to have to push hard to kill the pig. I can see Chris Van Hole-in-the-Head driving the Demanding Mommies bus to see his pet bill through. It could be a blow to his campaign against Donna Edwards if the bill dies.

ETA: And thanks for the freaking nightmares that possibility is going to give me tonight.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Then we don't wait.

Keep the pressure on the House, and be sure to cite comments and actions from the Senate to show them the futility and illegality of pursuing it.

Also, it can't hurt to let them know we're aware this is a campaign stunt.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The concern is still that they are still incubating the Clippinger version on the House side.

We heard from a committee member the night of the hearing in the House, that the bill was on the Chairman's no fly list.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If the House committee gives it a favorable report, we're going to have to push hard to kill the pig. I can see Chris Van Hole-in-the-Head driving the Demanding Mommies bus to see his pet bill through. It could be a blow to his campaign against Donna Edwards if the bill dies.

ETA: And thanks for the freaking nightmares that possibility is going to give me tonight.

Actually, if a bill dies on one side, it makes it almost impossible for a bill from the other side to succeed.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes, but this was one of Mike & Mike's Big Three Bills...so I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Watchful waiting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 260

Mr H

Banana'd
    One only need to look back to the PGCo schools takeover in 2013...

Riz from the dead, special rules, cheating, and ramrodding... all in a week, and they still had to play the game of "Legislative Days" to artificially accommodate the final votes.

I'd not seen that poster before, but I love how "Visiting a college campus" is equated to criminal results. And again, the misapplication of "No-Fly"...

Dolts

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

He's a Baltimore delegate, but he's an Anne Arundel Assistant State's attorney in his real job; employed by newly elected Republican State's Attorney Wes Adams?

Does this young carpetbagging Baltimoron's demonstrated disregard for Anne Arundel County citizens' civil rights represent that of his entire office? Doubt it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    He's a Baltimore delegate, but he's an Anne Arundel Assistant State's attorney in his real job; employed by newly elected Republican State's Attorney Wes Adams?

Does this young carpetbagging Baltimoron's demonstrated disregard for Anne Arundel County citizens' civil rights represent that of his entire office? Doubt it.

Really?? Didn't know about that...

Sounds like a good homework project.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Really?? Didn't know about that...

Sounds like a good homework project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Clippinger
    "Early life and career

Born in Baltimore on September 24, 1972, Clippinger was raised in Reservoir Hill and attended Baltimore City Public Schools, namely Roland Park Elementary-Middle School and Baltimore Polytechnic Institute.[1] Clippinger graduated in 1994 from Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana with a major in politics; at Earlham, he ran the campus radio station.[2] He involved himself in local politics, running the reelection campaign of Congressman Lee H. Hamilton (D–Indiana) and subsequently spending seven years serving as district director for Congressman Baron Hill (D–Indiana).[3]

Clippinger later attended the University of Louisville School of Law in Kentucky. After law school, he returned to Baltimore to work as an Assistant State's Attorney in Anne Arundel County."

###

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/36loc/an/stattorneys/html/msa16951.html
    "WES ADAMS, State's Attorney (Republican)...
    State's Attorney, Anne Arundel County, since January 5, 2015...."

-Homework's done.

Mr H

Banana'd
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Clippinger
    "Early life and career

Born in Baltimore on September 24, 1972, Clippinger was raised in Reservoir Hill and attended Baltimore City Public Schools, namely Roland Park Elementary-Middle School and Baltimore Polytechnic Institute.[1] Clippinger graduated in 1994 from Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana with a major in politics; at Earlham, he ran the campus radio station.[2] He involved himself in local politics, running the reelection campaign of Congressman Lee H. Hamilton (D–Indiana) and subsequently spending seven years serving as district director for Congressman Baron Hill (D–Indiana).[3]

Clippinger later attended the University of Louisville School of Law in Kentucky. After law school, he returned to Baltimore to work as an Assistant State's Attorney in Anne Arundel County."

###

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/36loc/an/stattorneys/html/msa16951.html
    "WES ADAMS, State's Attorney (Republican)...
    State's Attorney, Anne Arundel County, since January 5, 2015...."

-Homework's done.

LOL...

All you did was frame the assignment ;)

I'm going to try and dig a bit deeper over the weekend. Might even make some phone calls.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Yes, but this was one of Mike & Mike's Big Three Bills...so I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Watchful waiting.

You trust them more than I do, then. ;)

I'm hoping dblas is correct and we've seen the last of this bill but I wouldn't put it past these jokers to arrange an "Easter miracle."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    LOL...

All you did was frame the assignment ;)

I'm going to try and dig a bit deeper over the weekend. Might even make some phone calls.

OK, have fun. Look forward to the report, however you frame the assignment. There's no conflict is there? Assuming the bio is up to date; needs confirmation.

sonoramic

Charlie dont surf.
    Dec 16, 2011
    Millersville
    Raskin: lofting trial balloon in the form of a question --what if the AG can get access to the list.

I can see a stack of 77r's on Frosh's Desk now as he goes through all of them to make sure they are not on the list..... :sad20:

I too wish to thank you all for your efforts there in Naptown. Keep up the good fight.....

Mr H

Banana'd
    OK, have fun. Look forward to the report, however you frame the assignment. There's no conflict is there? Assuming the bio is up to date; needs confirmation.

Interesting...

Just looked up bills he's been either Primary or Co-sponsor 2013 to now. Seems he's in the rotation to toss trial balloons out (a la Frank Conaway last year). Clippinger's years were 2013 and 2016... nothing else.

Every firearm bill he's been Primary for looks to have either died in committee or received Unfavorable reports.

He also seems to have a hard-on for "Creation of a State Debt" to give some serious funding to Chesapeake Shakespeare Co. and Baltimore Museum of Industry. "Whatever" on those, but it's every year.

His tenure in the AACo SA office predates Wes, so unless there's something that turns up there, it may be nothing.

All-in-all, he looks to be just another Baltimore D in the pocket of Mike & Mike and 'special interests'.

But, this was just a cursory check.

I love the current MGA website.:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom