• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Finally finished the M16 inspired build (no replica trolls please)...3rd build so it is getting smoother...

Engage Upper
    Engage Black Nitride BCG
    FN M16 barrel (thanks Andy)
    Colt carry handle
    RRA handguards
    Colt sling

Engage Lower
    ALG ACT trigger
    White Oak LPK
    MOE grip
    PSA A2 stock kit

It shot very well at the range today so can't be happier. Will likely not do another non-free float build as I hate the delta ring...

Beautiful berber rug, sir.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I thought I would post this up as it was pretty unique. A customer brought this build in today and this was the first time I had seen an actual Shilen AR barrel. Custie put a 14" Fortis rail, NM carrier with a matched headspaced bolt to the Shilen, and a UBR stock. Thought it was pretty trick. Should be a tack driver.

Attachments

• DSC_2961.jpg
      DSC_2961.jpg
      27.8 KB · Views: 2,234
    • DSC_2962.jpg
      DSC_2962.jpg
      26.1 KB · Views: 1,126
    • DSC_2965.jpg
      DSC_2965.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 1,142

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I thought I would post this up as it was pretty unique. A customer brought this build in today and this was the first time I had seen an actual Shilen AR barrel. Custie put a 14" Fortis rail, NM carrier with a matched headspaced bolt to the Shilen, and a UBR stock. Thought it was pretty trick. Should be a tack driver.

DA nice!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Nice assembly and it looks like your new smith does a heck of a good job! Thanks for everything Andy, and I'm glad I got to hear you laugh when I walked in. :D

My buddy is really loving the EA hat he picked up. Also, Brutus only cleaned one of my calves. I guess I have to go back and get a hat or something to get the other one licked. :lol2:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

The irony is that is post #223 and that is one heck of a tack driver. 3 rounds of XM193 through the same hole at 50 yards. I need to get out to the range tomorrow and do some 100 yard flat land shooting. If I can, I'll keep you guys posted on the range report and might have pics to post.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Indeed. We also have forgings inbound within the next month or so.

I'll be in for a couple of forgings for sure (consecutive would be sweet!). Going to need them shipped to VA, but I've wanted a forged lower since I bought my first firearm from you guys. Assuming I can buy them stripped?

Please keep us posted.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I'll be in for a couple of forgings for sure (consecutive would be sweet!). Going to need them shipped to VA, but I've wanted a forged lower since I bought my first firearm from you guys. Assuming I can buy them stripped?

Please keep us posted.

Yeah man we'll ship anywhere in the US and they will be stripped. We did do a spring loaded tensioner on the forgings as per so many peoples request as well as some different styling/gripping on the front of the mag well. Just trying to keep things snazzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom