• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I got my .308 Bubba'd Argentine Mauser the yesterday. Not too bad I think. I plan to shoot plastic Nato 7.62 training rounds, and or low powered .308/7.62 rounds. Nothing to write home about, but should be a fun little rifle. I always loved the Argentines, and not having to buy 7.65 helps. Cycled some dummy rounds and seems to cycle, eject fine. Bore looks great. Chambered a laser bore sighter and the irons appear to be dead on across the room. I am happy with my new range toy.

Attachments

• DSC03000.JPG
      DSC03000.JPG
      31.1 KB · Views: 474
    • DSC03002.JPG
      DSC03002.JPG
      36.9 KB · Views: 396
    • DSC03003.JPG
      DSC03003.JPG
      38 KB · Views: 404

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Decided I am going to try to convert to 7.62x39. I bought a 5 round single stack AK magazine, and it fits the Mauser mag fine, just needs a spacer block. I put a 7.62x39 dummy round in the bolt face, and it holds and ejects fine. Need a chamber adapter and will give it a try.

Sirex