Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (https://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Rimfire (https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   22 subs for 10/22 (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=228702)

Muleskinner October 20th, 2018 09:52 AM

22 subs for 10/22
 
So after a 7 month wait, my stamp came back and I am now the proud owner of an internally suppressed barrel for my 10/22 take down..i've done some reading and watched videos..I am wondering, what round is the quietest and what round is the most accurate and what round brings those 2 variables together for optimum performance...

so, does anyone has the Ruger silenced barrel ?

sundazes October 20th, 2018 10:07 AM

I use CCI standard velocity and Gemtech sub with great success in all the Rugers. Stay away from CCI quiets, they will not cycle. I have CCI subsonic as well and they cycled a Mist TD.
Ultimately, you need to get several diff brands/loads and test for yourself. But I will say the the Gemtech is my go to ammo. The good thing is 22 is readily available now...

You need to give a range report on that Ruger barrel. Go over to the NFA section and post up.
I absolutely love pulling the Mist out out the bag at the range and see the look on peoples faces once they don't hear anything. The only time I am not asked about it is when I have the range to myself. Also been able to walk rounds into a 200 yard gong with it. Get a cushioned buffer if you want a quieter action.

Muleskinner October 20th, 2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundazes (Post 5361942)
I use CCI standard velocity and Gemtech sub with great success in all the Rugers. Stay away from CCI quiets, they will not cycle. I have CCI subsonic as well and they cycled a Mist TD.
Ultimately, you need to get several diff brands/loads and test for yourself. But I will say the the Gemtech is my go to ammo. The good thing is 22 is readily available now...

You need to give a range report on that Ruger barrel. Go over to the NFA section and post up.
I absolutely love pulling the Mist out out the bag at the range and see the look on peoples faces once they don't hear anything. The only time I am not asked about it is when I have the range to myself. Also been able to walk rounds into a 200 yard gong with it. Get a cushioned buffer if you want a quieter action.

thanks for the info. I bought it mainly for dispatching squirrels around my tree stand. Any idea where one can buy the cushioned buffer?

sundazes October 20th, 2018 10:46 AM

There are a bunch out there. The one I have is somewhere on this link...

https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger-1022_c_14.html

All the big online shops sell a metric crap ton of 10/22 accessories.

rbird7282 October 20th, 2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muleskinner (Post 5361958)
thanks for the info. I bought it mainly for dispatching squirrels around my tree stand. Any idea where one can buy the cushioned buffer?



I believe Kidd sells them. While I donít have that barrel/suppressor combo, Iíve got a 10/22 with a Sparrow can on it and I use either Gemtech or RWS subs. Both run very well and are quiet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muleskinner October 20th, 2018 12:36 PM

I found one on midway with good reviews...gonna try it

J Beard October 20th, 2018 01:07 PM

you can also buy a long nylon 1/4in bolt at the big hardware stores and cut to length

Muleskinner October 20th, 2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Beard (Post 5362040)
you can also buy a long nylon 1/4in bolt at the big hardware stores and cut to length

yeah, i thought about that option too...

sundazes October 20th, 2018 01:36 PM

Look at the bolt release as well. It makes it so you just pull back the locked open bolt to release. As you know, there is a ton of stuff you can do. I figured since a integrally suppressed take down is cool to begin with, why not trick it out over time....

Hawkeye October 20th, 2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muleskinner (Post 5361958)
thanks for the info. I bought it mainly for dispatching squirrels around my tree stand. Any idea where one can buy the cushioned buffer?

Kidd makes GREAT stuff for the 10/22, including the buffer.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/

I have his buffer, bolt release, charging handle, and recoil spring / rod in my 10/22 Takedown Target that I use as a suppressor host.

As far as ammo... CCI standards are well, the standard. I have found that the Eley Yellow Box Target is fantastic ammo. Super duper accurate (especially for the price) and is subsonic, though only just.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2018, Congregate Media, LP